• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

You can play all the games you want at 60 FPS on Bravia TV if you want

skit_data

Is this the same stuff as LGs TruMotion?

Horrible, horrible input lag and tons of wierd artifacts when moving fast/spinning the camera around.

Chukhopops

Can you remind to me when I ever said DF not knowing anything about tech, Mr Strawman?
Outside the completely incompetent tech analysis this channel not show such broken gamma on both version.
The professionalism of DF. VG face off, serious business.
That explains why you sustain such absurdity. They are totally incompetent and wrong many times even in the resolution counts. They are not a reliable source.
I could find more since you constantly shit on DF but I’m not gonna spend more time. I’m sure they understand how motion interpolation works !

assurdum

Banned
I could find more since you constantly shit on DF but I’m not gonna spend more time. I’m sure they understand how motion interpolation works !
The only two post you quoted who talked about the incompetency weren't even referred to DF but El analista del bit channel, dude :messenger_tears_of_joy: . Read the whole conversation Mr smart ass, the hell is it that shit, you extrapolated a bunch of posts from a whole conversation which DF wasn't even the object, just the title of the thread..I never biased DF to be tech incompetent. MS fanboy yes, I repeatedly did it. Sure you are good to manipulate the other argument :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Last edited:

ParaSeoul

This thread
fight-back-gang-fight.gif

JimboJones

I'm totally ignorant because I genuinely admitted to never followed TV tech (never interested at all, mea culpa) and I post a naive enthusiastic thread? Jesus Christ people, you are laughable just to make some good member war :messenger_tears_of_joy: But go on, I'm not want to ruin your fun.
I mean yeah, that's pretty much the definition of ignorance 😂

OP ain't gonna live this one down for a long while!

Seriously, it's amazing how some people think 60fps Vs 30 FPS is all about how they look. It's more about the "feel" ie input responsiveness, input precision, input smoothness. If I was just watching a cut scene, a perfectly frame paced 30fps is just fine. I cannot believe how the OP didn't even consider what motion interpolation does to input lag, before making this thread. And to think this is the guy who regularly posts in tech related threads. Eye rolling to heavens and back.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Don't know if someone already knew it or if it works with XSX or PS4 and other consoles, but there is a "trick" to play all your games "at 60 FPS", at least on ps5, with a new Bravia TV . Keep in mind I'm not english so my translation of the menu setting could be completely wrong. It's very simple: first make you sure the hdmi enhanced setting is not settled on VRR mode because it forces the TV to the game mode and such setting not support such "trick". Go to the picture/image setting menu in your Bravia (again I don't know how it's named in english ); active and set everything the higher possible in the motionflow option and do the same for the movie/film mode voice. Via interpolation now all your games will runs at 60 FPS (sort of) but there is a cost: when camera rotate there are visible compressed ugly artifacts around the main character and the hub elements and occasional slowdown could appears too, but well, it's 60 FPS and difference is huge in terms of responsiveness. Probably such "trick" work better with game with fixed camera views and scrolling views.
I appreciate the effort in all honesty just don't take the beating overly serious

Side note I have a older friend who totally prefers motion smoothing at max while playing his games even though it looks really bad to me

And yet we are still friends

Jimmy Fallon Laughing GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

assurdum

Banned
OP ain't gonna live this one down for a long while!

Seriously, it's amazing how some people think 60fps Vs 30 FPS is all about how they look. It's more about the "feel" ie input responsiveness, input precision, input smoothness. If I was just watching a cut scene, a perfectly frame paced 30fps is just fine. I cannot believe how the OP didn't even consider what motion interpolation does to input lag, before making this thread. And to think this is the guy who regularly posts in tech related threads. Eye rolling to heavens and back.
I regularly post about console hardware. Never talked a single time about TV or monitor tech. I'm not follow the argument as console tech. But hearing this forum all the people can be expert about everything just because they google it and pretending to know something of more about the other just because they are good to find the argument on the net.

Last edited:

assurdum

Banned

Aren't you tired yet to do such member war? It's like the whole thread is about that by you. I mean a post it's a joke. Two ooook. But see just trolling and pushing again again such attitude ...uh. I killed your dog unintentionally or what?

Last edited:
I regularly post about console hardware. Never talked a single time about TV or monitor tech. I'm not follow the argument as console tech. But hearing this forum all the people can be expert about everything just because they google it and pretending to know something of more about the other just because they are good to find the argument on the net.
How player inputs are translated in-game is a core tenet of gaming and I don't see how one can be so knowledgeable about gaming hardware while being so ignorant on such basic fundamentals. It's like someone who likes to talk about string theory not knowing what f=ma means.

assurdum

Banned
How player inputs are translated in-game is a core tenet of gaming and I don't see how one can be so knowledgeable about gaming hardware while being so ignorant on such basic fundamentals. It's like someone who likes to talk about string theory not knowing what f=ma means.
I know time ago some developers tried interpolation (or something similar) in a Star Wars game on ps360 to fake 60 fps; honestly I don't see the connection between ignorance about TV motionflow and the whole tech hardware console argument, frankly. I mean there are aspects we can ignore about the tech, it's a huge vaste matter, but doesn't implies to be totally ignorant about the whole argument. Otherwise wouldn't exist dedicated developers for different aspect of the graphic pipeline. It's like medicine with different specialization.

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Don't know if someone already knew it or if it works with XSX or PS4 and other consoles, but there is a "trick" to play all your games "at 60 FPS", at least on ps5, with a new Bravia TV . Keep in mind I'm not english so my translation of the menu setting could be completely wrong. It's very simple: first make you sure the hdmi enhanced setting is not settled on VRR mode because it forces the TV to the game mode and such setting not support such "trick". Go to the picture/image setting menu in your Bravia (again I don't know how it's named in english ); active and set everything the higher possible in the motionflow option and do the same for the movie/film mode voice. Via interpolation now all your games will runs at 60 FPS (sort of) but there is a cost: when camera rotate there are visible compressed ugly artifacts around the main character and the hub elements and occasional slowdown could appears too, but well, it's 60 FPS and difference is huge in terms of responsiveness. Probably such "trick" work better with game with fixed camera views and scrolling views.
That's one way to get 60 fps on PS systems.

Top Bottom