• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

You Can't Beat 'Trails' For Lore

After giving it much consideration I think I'd have to say the world/universe of Final Fantasy VII has the best lore for me....
xhYIEfk.jpg

But yes, Legend of Heroes "Trails" is a close 2nd
I actually really like Dirge of Cerberus.

I wouldn't compare Final Fantasy VII to the Trails series but as far as Japanese role playing games go, it's still pretty detailed as it actually has interconnected sequels, prequels and spinoffs.

Arsic

Gold Member
My recent yakuza thread had a post saying trails is amazing which I’ve heard several times.

I’ve tried to get into cold, sky, and zero but never stuck around.

I know I need to start with sky. My major issues are of course it’s a dated game… but is there a point this “gets good?” I gifted this game to a friend once and he ended up playing the whole franchise so at some point he got reeled in.

With Cold I just felt it was a generic anime trope school theme game. Zero did seem really slick though likely due to the lead character looking bad ass and you being a cop.

Thief1987

With Cold I just felt it was a generic anime trope school theme game. Zero did seem really slick though likely due to the lead character looking bad ass and you being a cop.
Please, rubber bullets idiocy alone is worse than all anime tropes combined, and you don't have problems with it.

Arsic

Gold Member
Please, rubber bullets idiocy alone is worse than all anime tropes combined, and you don't have problems with it.
So my statement is correct ? It is generic anime tropes in a school setting ? Thanks for clarifying that.

I like how you have to attack something else to deflect an issue someone may have with what you like.

Sky doesn’t seem to have this issue nor does zero from what I played.

I watch plenty of anime , but JRPGs that go balls deep in weeb shit with crap graphics , dated gameplay etc then throw in mindless low tier tropes lose me. It’s why games like octopath traveller 2 are a breath of fresh air or triangle strategy.

Top Bottom