• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

You can't share with friends anymore in Steam Family Share via beta?

DryvBy

I tried to set this up with my brother and a friend last night so we could try out the family share that the beta unveiled. Turns out, I can't do anything anymore with sharing and there's a new error message about them not being in the same household.

Has anyone got this to work?

Resenge

My existing steam family is still active and one of them is in a different country to me. 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:

azertydu91

Hard to Kill

I tried to set this up with my brother and a friend last night so we could try out the family share that the beta unveiled. Turns out, I can't do anything anymore with sharing and there's a new error message about them not being in the same household.

Has anyone got this to work?
Maybe check if both your steam hasn't updated to a stable version instead of the beta family sharing.

G_0

Neo Member
Get them to login to Steam on your computer 1 time. Then log them out and send the invite. They will be able to accept after that.
Me and the GF had no issues like this but we are both in the same household so maybe just being on the LAN would work. For my real family member outside of the house I had to do the above trick.

Resenge

Guys, this is the new Family Share they have in the beta. It's not on stable release.
Yes, I am in the beta and it works perfectly for me.

yJuIIgD.png

Last edited:
Top Bottom