• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

You won't be able to download FF7R Intergrade from ps plus extra if you own the base game (UPDATE: It's now working)

LordCBH

Fun fact, the app tells me “you already purchased another version of this game” when I try to download black flag and my only option is to pay $40 if I want the digital download. The version I purchased was the disc copy. In 2014. That I no longer own.

Bojanglez

The Amiga Brotherhood
Sounds more like a bug in the store system than a deliberate action.

Still dumb as fuck though.
Yeah, I had an issue where I couldn't download Echochrome because in I bought Echochrome Micro in 2008. The issue got fixed within a week after I alerted them to it.

Fun fact, the app tells me “you already purchased another version of this game” when I try to download black flag and my only option is to pay $40 if I want the digital download. The version I purchased was the disc copy. In 2014. That I no longer own.
Most of it isn't working. I guess click baiting is better than just saying there is a problem.

Edit: it's all starting to work, noncrisis averted.

Last edited:

ManaByte

Facepalm GIF by MOODMAN

fart town usa

Gold Member
I still can't figure out how to get the PS5 upgrade for FF7. I bought the digital PS4 release at launch and on PS5 it says the PS5 version is unavailable.

soulbait

Ya'll keep saying this is a bug, but I say it is not. A bug is something you accidently introduce into your application. This is how they intended these systems to work. They need to improve their systems. It is really Sony not being as forward thinking when it comes to some of these things when compared to others. Remember how long it took for Sony to allow you to change your PSN name? This was due to how they used your PSN name as a unique identifier throughout their systems, versus an unique ID that linked to your PSN name. Sony has great exclusives and their hardware is great, but their management systems do not seem to be well planned out.

Ya'll keep saying this is a bug, but I say it is not. A bug is something you accidently introduce into your application. This is how they intended these systems to work. They need to improve their systems. It is really Sony not being as forward thinking when it comes to some of these things when compared to others. Remember how long it took for Sony to allow you to change your PSN name? This was due to how they used your PSN name as a unique identifier throughout their systems, versus an unique ID that linked to your PSN name. Sony has great exclusives and their hardware is great, but their management systems do not seem to be well planned out.
Yeah it was a bug, at least for every other game that wasn't working.

Roxkis_ii

Yeah, updated my ff7R ps4 to the ps5 version for free, now I can't download the FF7R Intergrade either. Not a happy customer.

Last edited:

bitbydeath

I still can't figure out how to get the PS5 upgrade for FF7. I bought the digital PS4 release at launch and on PS5 it says the PS5 version is unavailable.
Should be this one-
Edit: Link didn’t work.

It mentions “Upgrade for PS4 version” in the title.

Last edited:
That my biggest gripe about the playstation ecosystem. I buy and install physical version get the digital onsale but have to reinstall the same game to play without disc. Like wtf
So you bought a game twice, two different ways and are mad it needs two different authentication processes? I guess you should go with the option that doesn't make you do that.

mckmas8808

Banned
So you bought a game twice, two different ways and are mad it needs two different authentication processes? I guess you should go with the option that doesn't make you do that.

It "feels" like this is dumb delivery though. Sony should find a way to make this process waaaay smarter.

This is as baffling to me as MS not being able to get their shit together on their Windows store.

How are you this bad at things like this.

Esca

Sucks. I own the digital deluxe but not the dlc and wanted to play it since I won't buy it even at the sales price it's been at

Fbh

Well that sucks.
It has been 16 years since the Ps3 and we are now on the third Sony console with a digital store. It's kinda baffling they are still struggling with basic stuff like this

Beechos

Yes basically 99% of the data is the same. Just have the system check for a digital license or a disc in the sytem. Why the need to reinstall gigs of the same exact data all over again.

Last edited:

BreakOut

There is that work around, it was brought up before in this forum. By calling Sony to revoke the license is such an extreme move that no one should have to go through.

I can’t download this either. Don’t remember where I got it from, or if it’s the PS4 or PS5 version I have (I didn’t buy it, so must have been PS Plus).

Really poor that there’s no explanation (it just says unavailable) or workaround. Get your shit together Sony.

TLZ

Banned
It says that for me on the Web version but the App has it down as available to download?

See if that helps?
Ok it's working now. Tried it on the PS5 and there's a drop down list and both say 'Game'. One works and the other doesn't. Very weird.

Intergrade still doesn't work though because they gave me the PS4 version. Very stupid.

Last edited:

bitbydeath

Ok it's working now. Tried it on the PS5 and there's a drop down list and both say 'Game'. One works and the other doesn't. Very weird.

Intergrade still doesn't work though because they gave me the PS4 version. Very stupid.
Yep, intergrade doesn’t work for me either.

• Empathy
Reactions: TLZ

Hestar69

FUCKING HOT GARBAGE!

first,I wasn't able to play the DLC because ps5 only,then I got the game for ps+ so I didnt have to use my disc anymore and because of that I can't download this version...

Sony is lucky they make great games because everything else they do is DOG SHIT.

They better fix this somehow.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster

I think I got around that by deleting the version I had installed and starting over, because if I recall the option to upgrade only appeared on the store after that. Had similar weirdness with a few games, always seemed to involve a lot of downloading. :(

RoboFu

One of the green rats
Just to clear things up a bit…

I had the base game on ps4. Downloaded the ps5 upgrade for free by clicking on the three dot menu in the store. But that doesn’t include yuffie.

Last edited:

TLZ

Banned
Just clear things up a bit…

I had the base game on ps4. Downloaded the ps5 upgrade for free by clicking on the three dot menu in the store. But that doesn’t include yuffie.
Yes. You can only do that. Can't download intergrade.

I hope they do something about it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom