• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Your soundtrack of the year

Most games are out so gaf, what was the best soundtrack from the games that were released in 2021. Obviously you can only pick one, the best, but feel free to post a song or two from that specific soundtrack. I wanna see your favorite stuff.

Mine is from Lost Judgment, which is also my goty. Most of the artists involved in Lost Judgment's soundtrack are the same from Yakuza series so if you loved the stuff from those games, it will be hard not to from the Judgment series, especially Lost Judgment which hits harder. Underrated game of the year imo but enough about that. Heres two songs from the game's soundtrack.

As always don't read comments on the youtube videos if you want to avoid spoilers.

Last edited:

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Shin Megami Tensei V. I'm absolutely biased and I don't care.

It has a blasphemous amount of battle themes, most of them are pretty cool, and the rest of the soundtrack is amazing too.

I'm a sucker for those kind of battle themes. Battle C2 from SMT IV is still the king imo, but those are great too.

Some cool exploration themes too...

Last edited:

MiguelItUp

Hmm, not a whole lot particularly overwhelming or memorable IMO. I think if I had to choose, I'd say Halo Infinite.

If they released a few months later I'd say Demon's Souls Remake, or Cyberpunk 2077 for sure.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Shin Megami Tensei V. I'm absolutely biased and I don't care.

It has a blasphemous amount of battle themes, most of them are pretty cool, and the rest of the soundtrack is amazing too.

I'm a sucker for those kind of battle themes. Battle C2 from SMT IV is still the king imo, but those are great too.

Some cool exploration themes too...

Great Ace Attorney - Partners ~ The Game is Afoot!

These and will also add….

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
These and will also add….

Yeah! Forgot about this one.

Nier: Replicant's was pretty good too, can't compare it with the original since I didn't play it but the remake's OST is pretty good by itself for sure.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Yeah! Forgot about this one.

Nier: Replicant's was pretty good too, can't compare it with the original since I didn't play it but the remake's OST is pretty good by itself for sure.
Nier Replicant has godtier soundtrack but the reason I dont mention it because the game is remaster/upgrade of 2010 game. To me only new game should be part of the GOTY category and the reason it doesn't apply to Great Ace Attorney because in west we never got the game when it originally released.

Last edited:

Northeastmonk

Gold Member

“Ripples in the Calm” is such a great track. I imported the OST for Village. For what’s it’s worth I thought both Resident Evil Village and Monster Hunter Rise had wonderful soundtracks. REV had the best one IMO.

Last edited:

Kumomeme

Soken deliver another banger from FFXIV: Endwalker

hard to choose since tons of them is amazing but i pick one where it struck me hardest.

also very worth to mention:
here i stamped at around 12:51 for second phase

Last edited:

Demigod Mac

fd7tWph2b5A6FsF3vnXDn.jpg
fa0a32de75e5413d80967c34

Fantastic orchestral remasters of already great soundtracks. A+++

Alpha Male

Halo Infinite
Mass Effect Legendary
Far Cry 6

Have to go with Halo as the best...and one of the GOAT: