• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Your top 10 7th gen games? (360, Wii, PS3)

In no particular order..

1. Uncharted Series
2. Little Big Planet
3. Rayman Origins
4. Mario Galaxy 1
5. COD 4 Modern Warfare
6. Valkyrie Chronicles 1
7. Godfather remaster PS3
8. Ratchet and Clank Tools of Destruction
9. Little Kings Story
10. Infamous 1

Honorable Mentions: Pikmin 1&2 on Wii, Flower, Sonic Generations, Peggle, Wii Sports,

Handel

This gen for me is largely about the golden age of Bioware. I do need to go back and play many games I missed from this time period, as I didn't have a lot of disposable income during it.

1. Dragon Age : Origins : My second favorite RPG of all time, this game is the closest video games have come to capturing the feeling of Lord of the Rings for me.
2. Mass Effect 1 : A whole new scifi-world to explore, could spend hours just looking at/listening to the codex. Wrex is a GOAT-tier companion.
3. Bioshock : Rapture is an awe-inspiring setting, a place of science turned to glorious madness. One of the greatest plot twists in gaming.
4. Halo Reach : Most of the late 2000s was spent playing Halo games with my friends, either coop or multiplayer. Reach was the pinnacle of this, with Bungie having polished the formula to a tee.
5. Skyrim : As much as it might seem lackluster today playing this vanilla, I was totally engrossed in this game back when it released for hundreds of hours, and thanks to finally having a gaming PC playing this modded helped revitalize my love for it. Mods can only do so much though, the core foundation is still very solid.
6. Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen : The best combat I've ever experienced in an RPG game, and especially the best magic has ever felt to cast in any game. It's quest structure, characters, main plot, and traversal mechanics leave a lot to be desired or else this would be near or at the top spot. Here's hoping DD2 fixes these issues.
7. Tales of Vesperia : It's rare for RPGs to have a full coop campaign to play through with your friends, so Tales of series has always been a go to for my best friends and I. Vesperia starts off slow, especially in terms of the combat, but once the ball starts rolling it's combat is quite fun, the characters are endearing with Yuri being a great MC, and the worldbuilding unique enough to hold interest through a sometimes meandering main plot.
8. Batman Arkham Asylum : While City's gameplay is overall better, the atmosphere and pacing of Asylum places it at the top of the Arkham games. The Scarecrow sections will be a long lasting memory.
9. Mass Effect 2 : While my opinion of this game has gone down over time for it's failings in progressing RPG mechanics and exploration from the first game, and not properly advancing the plot of the series, it still has one of the best cast of party members in any game(especially Mordin Solus, arguably Bioware's best ever character).
10. Dark Souls : I do think this game takes somewhat of a nose dive in the later parts of it(especially Lost Izalith), but the first half or so of this game is amazing. Top tier level design in particular.

Aion002

Demon's Souls (kick-started my favorite type of game)

Dark Souls (consolidated my favorite type of game)

Dragon's Dogma (masterpiece gameplay)

MGS4 (the conclusion of Solid Snake + great gameplay, cool stages and fun mp)

Uncharted 2 (so polished and entertaining)

Metal Gear Rising (MG + Platinum = soo good.)

Red Dead Redemption (wild west, open world with a great story and fun gameplay)

Vanquish (best tps)

Destiny (best fps and coop!)

GTAV (sooo much stuff to do and places to go, also entertaining story).

No particular order.... Except that Demon's Souls will always be first place.

Fenix34

I remove teeth
Mgs4
Uncharted 2
Infamous 1
Batman
Red dead redemption
Gears of war 2
Vanquish
Bayonetta
Kane and lynch
Sleeping dogs

Perrott

Gold Member
No order:
  • BioShock Infinite
  • Demon's Souls
  • Grand Theft Auto IV
  • Heavy Rain
  • Killzone 2
  • L.A. Noire
  • MotorStorm: Pacific Rift
  • Minecraft
  • Red Dead Redemption
  • The Last Of Us

Havoc2049

1. Oblivion
2. Mass Effect
3. Mass Effect 2
4. Fallout 3
5. Halo Reach
6. Ninja Gaiden 2
7. Halo 3
8. Halo 4
9. Halo 3 ODST
10. Project Gotham Racing 4

Honorable Mentions:
Skyrim, Fallout New Vegas, Gears of War, Bayonetta, Borderlands, Bioshock, Chromehounds, Deus Ex Human Revolution, Dragon Age Origins, Lost Planet, Dead Rising, Project Gotham Racing 3, Quake 4, Tales of Vesperia, The Witcher

Last edited:

marcincz

1. The Last of Us
2. Persona 5
3. Mass Effect 3
4. Mirror's Edge
5. Uncharted 2
6. Gears of War
7. Bioshock
8. Lost Odyssey
9. Bayonetta
10. Heavy Rain

Honorable mentions:
God of War: Ghost of Sparta, Metal Gear Solid 4, Battlefield: Bad Company 2, Assassin's Creed 2, Batman: Arkham Asylum, Deus Ex: Human Revolution, Gran Turismo 5, Killzone 2, Red Dead Redemption, GTA V, Yakuza 3, Forza Horizon, Tomb Raider: Legend

Last edited:
Demon’s Souls
Dark Souls
Sin & Punishment: Star Successor
Red Dead Redemption
Super Mario Galaxy
Dragon’s Dogma
Portal 2
Mass Effect
Halo Reach
Dragon Age: Origins
Dead Space

Twilight Princess
Halo 3
Halo 3: ODST
Halo 4
Viva Pinata
Wii Sports - specifically the frisbee game
Metroid Prime 3

Dislikes: Mario Kart Wii barf, Smash Bros Brawl barf, Super Mario Galaxy 1/2 barf, Skyward Sword barf. barf barf barf!

Last edited:

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
10. Mario Kark Wii
9. Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
8. Final Fantasy XIII
7. Halo Reach
6. Uncharted 2
5. Resistance: Fall of Man
4. Batman: Arkham Asylum
3. Fallout 3
2. Mass Effect 2
1. Demon's Souls

Xellos

No order

Wii Sports
Mario Galaxy 2
Oblivion
Red Dead Redemption
Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People
Zelda: Twilight Princess
Dead Rising
Portal
Motorstorm
Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon

Quasicat

The 360 was the shumps Renaissance. Long live the shmups.
But my top game from that Era, without a doubt

JhdCzv7.png
This came out the same day as Halo 3. I bought both and fell in love with this game! I have kept it all this time hoping it would become BC on the Xbox Series, but unfortunately that didn’t happen. 😢

I don't know if I have a top 10 but Darksiders is my favorite IP that came out of the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 generation. It was the closest thing we had to Legacy of Kain and I still love that IP.

Demons Souls is the one that started the whole Souls craze and is probably my favorite story-wise.

Edit: oh fuck I forgot. Mass effect is probably the top choice here. The first and second games are some of the best games I've ever played. I would say they trump even Darksiders which I love.

Halo 3 is probably the best Halo after Halo 2 so there's also that.

Ninja Gaiden 2 which is the best Ninja Gaiden.

Last edited:
Pandora's Tower
Folklore/ Folkssoul Ushinawareta Denshou
Ninja Blade
Trinity: Souls Of Zill O'll
Dante's Inferno
Zero: Tsukihami no Kamen
Killer Is Dead
Valhalla Knights Eldar Saga
Kingdom Under fire: Circle of Doom
E.X. Troopers

Alpha Male

Halo 3 (both single/multiplayer)
Halo Reach (both single/multiplayer)
Skyrim
Mass Effect
Assassin's Creed 2
Battlefield Bad Company 2 (multiplayer)
Battlefield 3 (multiplayer)
Red Dead Redemption
Far Cry 3
Darksiders 2

Honorable mention:

Motorstorm Pacific Rift
Tomb Raider Anniversary
XCOM Enemy Within
EndWar
GTA 4 & 5
Deus Ex
Halo Wars
Forza Horizon
Far Cry Blood Dragon
Borderlands Pre Sequel
Command & Conquer Kane's Wrath

Last edited:

Lasha

The era had lots of great games which I enjoyed. Chromehounds always pops up first when I think of my time with 360. It's one of my favorite mech games and top 5 multiplayer experiences.

rofif

Banned
1.The Darkness
Gears of war (all of them but if only one then 2)
Mass Effect (same deal, all but 2)
Saints Row 3
Dark Souls 1 and 2 (but 1)
Gta IV
Uncharted 2 and 3
Oblivion
Dead Rising
Fuel

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Whittling our pick of the best Xbox 360 games down to just 7 is no small feat, given how many memorable and enjoyable titles found a home on the Xbox 360 since it's launch back in 2005. From BioShock to Halo Reach and The Witcher 2, the 360 generation saw so many fantastic games released and happily, thanks to Microsoft's push for backwards compatibility and recent remasters, there are still many in this selection you can enjoy on the current-gen Xbox Series S consoles. So join us as we fondly look back and celebrate the best the Xbox 360 had to offer.

0:00 Best Xbox 360 games
0:51 Rise of the Tomb Raider
1:32 The Witcher 2: Assassins of King
2:22 Gears of War 2
3:08 Braid
3:49 Halo Reach
4:40 Mass Effect 2
5:34 BioShock

Top Bottom