• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Your top 10 7th gen games? (360, Wii, PS3)

Super mario galaxy 1 and 2
Zelda tp wii
Re4 wii
No more heroes
Mass effect trilogy
Uncharted trilogy
Wii sports
Xenoblade chronicles
Cod wii

Caio

Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots.
Uncharted2
Gears2
Mass Effect2(360)
Little Big Planet
KillZone2
The Last of Us
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
BioShock Infinite
GTAIV

Daytonabot

Banned
While console generations are quaint, very early in this generation was the last time a console was the optimal way to play, so I'll play along (alphabetical order only):
  • Batman: Arkham Asylum (PC)
  • BioShock (PC)
  • Demon's Souls (PS3)
  • Dishonored (PC)
  • Fallout: New Vegas (PC)
  • Gears of War 2 (360)
  • Portal 2 (PC)
  • Super Mario Galaxy 2 (Wii)
  • Uncharted 2 (PS3)
  • The Witcher 2 (PC)
I always hate thinking about what I might have forgotten with lists like these.

edit: For example, since I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere else, Hard Corps: Uprising just came to mind.

Last edited:
ones i played at the time and in no special order. all on PS3 because that's all i had.

cod4 - what can i say... it's cod4. i put thousands of hours into that and it was probably the first online multiplayer game i enjoyed.
tlou - the graphics at the time were unbelievable and it was the first naughty dog game i played. i absolutely loved the game.
gta 4 - hated the driving but it's gta so whatever. the time i spent playing this makes the time i played cod look like nothing. the expansions were really well done too.
gta 5 - i was so hyped for it coming out and played through it nearly 3 times in the week after launch. i had no job at the time so played the ever loving shit out of it for about 3 months.
skyrim - the first open world RPG i had played. i don't know if you can call pokemon or gta an open world RPG. maybe but they are not as in depth as skyrim. i got it about a month after launch and i fondly remember playing the game for like 10-15 hours every day over the christmas/new year holidays in 2011.
portal 2 - i don't really need to tell anyone how awesome the game is but i remember if you bought it on PS3 you got a free copy on steam. my laptop at the time could hardly run Portal but that's when i created my first steam account and got me interested in PC gaming.
fallout 3 - after skyrim i needed something else so i checked to see what other games bethesda had done. while i never did complete fallout 3 it filled that skyrim gap. i think i only got about half way through the main story.
red dead redemption - never played it until 2013 while i was waiting for GTA V to come out. it became my favourite Rockstar game.
infamous - the only good infamous game.

Last edited:

WoJ

My favorite generation. In no particular order:

Dead Space
Mass Effect trilogy (yes I am counting this as one game)
Batman: Arkham Asylum
Batman: Arkham City
Uncharted 1
The Last of Us
Uncharted 3
Super Mario Galaxy
The Walking Dead Season 1
Alan Wake

I'm sure the list would be slightly different if asked tomorrow, but this is what came to mind today.

That's tough. Before this era, I mostly liked Japanese games and AA titles and we all know those took a deep nosedive until the mid PS4 era. After cleaning up my collection, I mostly possess PS2 HD remasters for the PS360 generation.

What I liked...

Batman Arkham City
South Park SoT
Ninja Gaiden II
Metal Gear Rising
Vanquish
Mario Galaxy
Sin & Punishment 2
Zelda Twilight Princess
Dead Space
No More Heroes

Do handhelds count? Because they were fire:

Castlevania Dracula Chronicles X
Castlevania Dawn of Sorrow
Ninja Gaiden Dragon Sword
Hotel Dusk
GTA Chinatown
Shin Megami Tensei Strange Journey
Mario & Luigi Bowsers Inside Story
Contra 4
Burnout Legends
The World Ends With You

Last edited:

SHA

I know there are tons but I'll list the games I've beaten
Assassin's creed 1
Far cry 3
Prince of Persia
Battlefield 3 , bad company 1 and 2
Mirrors Edge
NFS Run
Bioshock 1 and 3
The Darkness
Borderlands 2
Too Human (don't care how others criticized it)
Halo 3 , reach , odst
Gears 2
The last of us
Silent hill shattered memories
Super smash Bros brawl
SF4
Crash of the titans
Tekken 6
Mortal Kombat (I'm sick of it and it's not worth mentioning but I spent many hours playing it).

Roberts

I was really focusing on work during that gen so I was basically a casual who only played big games.

1. Mass Effect Trilogy
2. Skyrim
3. Fallout 3 + LV
3. Red Dead Redemption
4. Bioshock Trilogy
5. Gears of War Trilogy
6. Halo Reach
7. X-Com
8. Uncharted 2 and 3
9. Ass Creed 2
10. Fable 2

Umbasaborne

Banned
Oh man, this is a tough list to make. I love so many games from that generation. Here are ten off the top of my head that really stuck with me, listed in no particular order

Mass effect 2
Super Mario Galaxy
Mass effect
Banjo Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts
Bioshock
Assassins creed 2
The elder scrolls IV: Oblivion
Halo 3
Uncharted 2
Burnout revenge

1. Super Mario Galaxy
2. The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
3. Metroid Other M
4. No More Heroes
5. Fatal Frame 4: Mask of the Lunar Eclipse
6. Dead Rising
7. Bayonetta
8. Deadly Premonition
9. Fragile Dreams: Farewell Ruins of the Moon
10. The Witch and the Hundred Knight
11. Valkyria Chronicles

Didn't want to leave VC off so I made a top 11.
I'm looking forward to the Fatal Frame 4 remaster. I remember desperately following the failed localisation back in the day, which already had an European ad printed in a single magazine by mistake... But of course, they already cancelled it internally. Some said bugs were to blame afaik. Either way, I hope this is closer to 2 than 5 for me, I found the latter to be very generic.

RayBoy

Project Gotham Racing 4
Ace Combat 6
Red Dead Redemption
Mirror's Edge
Uncharted 2
Skyrim
Castlevania Lords of Shadow
Street Fighter 4
Wipeout HD/Fury
Portal 2

Kaachan

Dark Souls
The Last of Us
Fallout 3
Uncharted 2
Mass Effect 2
BioShock
The Elder Scrolls: Oblivion
Journey
Super Mario Galaxy
Twilight Princess

🖤

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Off the top of my head in no order

1. God of War 3
2. House of the Dead Overkill
3. Crackdown
4. Fable 2
5. Super Stardust HD
6. Batman Arkham City
7. Assassin’s Creed 2
8. CoD Blops
9. Demons Souls
10. Resistance 3

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
The Darkness
Gta IV
Gears of war 2,1,3
Mass Effect 2,1,3
Dead Rising
lost Planet
Dark Souls
Uncharted 1,2,3
Alan Wake
Oblivion

R6Rider

Gold Member
Skyrim
Battlefield: Bad Company 2
Fallout: New Vegas
Assassin's Creed II
Mirror's Edge
GTA V
Uncharted 2
Dragon's Dogma
Sleeping Dogs
Demon's Souls

So many good games to choose from. These are some that immediately come to mind.

kunonabi

I'm looking forward to the Fatal Frame 4 remaster. I remember desperately following the failed localisation back in the day, which already had an European ad printed in a single magazine by mistake... But of course, they already cancelled it internally. Some said bugs were to blame afaik. Either way, I hope this is closer to 2 than 5 for me, I found the latter to be very generic.
Personally IV is my second favorite of the franchise behind 2. It handles the multiple protagonists really well, uses the Wii mote better than V used the gamepad, sadly, and it's a nice meaty experience without being a bloated chore like III.

Esca

Not sure what id put in the list with some actual thought so I'm saying one that probably hasn't gotten mentioned, Warhawk. Was one of the most fun mp games

Bayonetta
Tekken Tag Tournament 2
Vanquish
The Orange Box (Half-Life 2)
The King of Fighters XIII
Mass Effect 2
Dead Space 2
Dark Souls
Metal Gear Rising
Metroid Prime 3

Maybe, I have so many to choose that I went with the first 10 that popped in my head.

Last edited:

Emet_bp

Hmm..

The Last of Us - story, graphics, gameplay - everything was top of the top.

Uncharted 2 - graphics, fun and great multiplayer (my favourite mp game).

Little Big Planet - graphics, fun (especially with friends) and something new.

Grand Theft Auto IV - story, physics, huge jump from the GTA3D era.

Grand Theft Auto V - crappy driving physics but other than that still great GTA game with big world.

MotorStorm: Pacific Rift (also the original MotorStorm) - graphics, physics, gameplay, music, challenge - one of my favourite arcade racers.

Gran Turismo 5 - not a perfect one, but still gave a lot of fun online with friends.

DIRT 2 - again great graphics, very good physics and overall great gameplay.

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 - character roster, gameplay, hours of fun with friends.

SSX - not as good as the SSX Tricky and SSX3 from the PS2 era but still a lot of fun.

Last edited:
1. The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
2. Portal 2
3. Halo 3
4. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
5. Gears of War
6. Gears of War 3
7. Fallout 3
8. Dead Space II
9. Mass Effect 3
10. GTA V

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Man what a thread, that gen sure had a lot of bangers. Going through this thread is a nostalgia trip and it is giving me some ideas about what games I could replay next.

Probably not my top 10 but just posting the ones that first come to mind:
Metal Gear Rising
Dragon's Dogma
Dark Souls
Fallout 3
Mass Effect
Dead Space
Bioshock
Yakuza 5
Muramasa: The Demon Blade
Super Mario Galaxy

Overall had a ton of fun that gen. I had a NDS, a Wii and a decent but not great PC, but managed to get a PS3 and a 360 at some points since some frena were able to lend it to me. Fun times for sure.

Edit: forgot about the Dragon Quest remakes on the Nintendo DS. Man those were really good, should be in every "top remakes" list.

Last edited:

Camreezie

Mass Effect 2
Bayonetta
Bioshock
Dead Rising
Viva Pinata
Uncharted 2
The Last of Us
The Wolf Among Us
Gears of War
Dragonball Raging Blast 2

Per my review scores! I also include PC games because I am primarily a PC gamer:

1. The Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess [Wii] [really enjoyed this entry, I know it has haters]
2. The World Ends With You [DS]
3. Journey [PS3]
4. Xenoblade Chronicles [Wii]
5. Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim [PC]
6. Sid Meier's Civlization IV: Beyond the Sword [PC] [technically an expansion
7. Metal Gear Solid 3: Substinence [PS3]
8. Bioshock [PC]
9. Uncharted 2: Among Thieves [PS3]
10. The Orange Box [PC]
11. Some will argue that Zelda isn't gen 7, so Super Smash Bros. Brawl [Wii]

Games near and dear to my heart that didn't make the list:
Street Fighter IV [my most played console game of the gen], SSX, Vanquish, Metroid Prime 3, and Dragon Age: Origins.

Last edited:

stn

My top 3 would be Dragon's Age: Origins, USF4, and Street Fighter X Tekken. Probably throw in the Mass Effect trilogy, too. I'm sure I'm forgetting something.

consoul

Hmm....

The Last of Us
Persona 5
Grand Theft Auto V
Demon's Souls
Mass Effect
Nier

...and here we are two generations later playing the same games.

Paltheos

In no particular order:

1) Crackdown - The first game I think of when I think of open-world, crime-fighting/participating games. Crackdown took the hijinx from PS2-era GTA games and pumped them to the nth degree and distilling everything unnecessary away. It's a little dissimilar from Saint's Row which from my experience adds too much to the mix. Crackdown embraces the camp.

2) Tales of Vesperia - Still the best of this franchise, with the best lead and best player cast and decent-good everything else. Yuri is my favorite protag in any game ever - the dude oozes cool. Shits the bed in the 3rd act but it wouldn't be a Tales game if the plot didn't fall to pieces at some point.

3) Trails ... - I couldn't pick one. I cheated and consolidated my Trails picks into one because otherwise there would have been 3 spots devoted to one franchise (and there's going to be another Falcom game here too lol).

4) Muramasa: The Demon Blade - Muramasa's a beautiful, frenetic experience. I've 100%'d it twice, once on the Wii original and again on the Vita port (including the DLC) and I never felt bored playing it. There was always some beautiful art on-screen or a bunch of critters or ninjas on-screen to cut to pieces, and the action is simple without ever having downtime. One of a handful of games I believe the term 'underrated' actually applies to - Feels overlooked in discussions about the best Vanillaware games.

5) Macross 30: Voices Across the Galaxy - Japan-only PS3 game. Half the fun of this game is the fast-paced Valkyrie mech action, and half of it is listening to these iconic seiyuu sing old and new Macross, J-pop style songs.

6) Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia - The last hurrah of the old Metroidvania team at Konami, and arguably the best one. Gorgeous pixel and portrait work, fun and varied locations to traverse, and it even uses some of the DS' tech in interesting ways. I'd probably have to replay them entirely to say, but in almost every way the production felt like a step up from Portrait of Ruin, which had felt like a game put together from scraps the team had thrown out from previous titles.

7) Radiant Historia - A proper successor to Chrono Trigger in the time-traveling adventure genre, and a prime example of what Atlus can really do when their creative juices get flowing. Stocke's a pretty cool dude too, and peeling back the layers of the truth behind the crisis in the game's world by jumping around in time is interesting.

8) Fallout: New Vegas - Deserves all the praise it gets as one of the best, proper role-playing games. The variety of choices available to you and the engaging, responsive dialogue is unparalleled in my experience.

9) Ys: The Oath in Felghana - Still my favorite character-action game. Adol's moveset is simple, but the bosses' change and those moves' attributes change between difficulties. One of a few games I've played on every difficulty level to squeeze the absolute most of the experience. The soundtrack, which consists of arrangements from Wanderers of Ys, was handled 90% by the inscrutable Yukihiro Jindo too, and sounds incredible.

10) Resonance of Fate - Tri-ace's last experiment (that wasn't terrible... there's never an inbetween with tri-ace). The draws of the games are a few, well-polished elements of the design - the fun dynamic between the main trio, the nutty gun customization and literally acrobatic combat, the airy and jazzy soundtrack from Kohei Tanaka and Motoi Sakuraba. The main plot is incredibly stupid and the game suffers from some nasty, difficulty spikes, but these are never anything that hold me back from recommending one of the most unique (successfully unique) JRPGs I've played.

Diddy X

Halo 3
Halo Reach
Gears of War
Devil May Cry 4
Call of Duty 4
Lost Odyssey
Banjo-Kazooie N&B
Fable 2
Burnout Paradise
Gta IV

Bioshock 1
The Last of Us
Red Dead Redemption
Dishonored
Dark Souls 2
GTA V
Demon's Souls
Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance
Deus Ex: Human Revolution
Dark Souls

DKPOWPOW

Metroid Prime 3: Corruption

I always go back to this game. Even if I do prefer Echoes. The control scheme made this game, and Retro did what they did best which was wrap a whole game around a single cohesive idea.

It wasn't perfect, a fair amount of the gimmicky controls for certain puzzles didn't work quite as it should. But 90% of the time this game controlled like a pure dream and unlike anything else available at this time.

Top that off with just a great overall Metroid game that streamlined things a bit. Epic music combined with astounding boss battles that somehow glued everything you could do with a First Person IR controlled game into a tense and beautiful fight for survival.

Halo 3

Bungie really nailed this one. Sure the graphics weren't quite as good as they could have been (they were still pretty though). But man, they hit almost all the notes on this.

The amount of content, updates, just everything. It was a never ending thrill ride up until the end. And even now you can still hop on and have some fun thanks to MCC.

Definitely the best online multiplayer game of the generation, with bad ass completely co-op campaign to boot. What FPS games of today's world still struggle to understand.

You can have it all, if you try.

John Woo's Stranglehold

Max Payne meets Hard Boiled. The game was a pure adrenaline rush from start to finish. Midway's Swan Song, it's a shame we don't have a remaster.

The slo mo and destruction effects were straight up jaw dropping for the time.

EXCITE TRUCK

Take your Gran Tursimo, and throw that shit off a fucking mountain while jamming to the cheesiest rock tunes ever created.

This game is glory to the old days, blended with the satisfaction of tilting a Wii Remote and holding onto dear life. A complete and utter launch surprise, and one of my favorite racing games of all time.

The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion

This. This was the game that first screamed. Hey, Next-Gen is here. It was such a quantum leap compared Morrowind. The quests, the freedom. Everything, it absorbed me and my friends.

Definitely not perfect, had plenty of issues. But it was a total blast of a game. The Dark Brotherhood quests, so good.

Wii Sports / Wii Sports Resort

I know these are 2 games. But I see them as one. And they are, legitimate fucking classics. True multiplayer fun, and Resort actually had a lot of cool stuff to do on your own to boot.

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess

Fuck the haters. The n00bs. The whiney bitches. This is the greatest ZELDA ever created. Its only weakness at the time was that it was too damn easy. Besides that, its a literal gift from the gods. A tour de force. A real, absolute, LEGEND of a game.

Street Fighter IV

Total arcade fighting fun. Just damn near perfect. A beautiful simple game, Capcom's finest game of the generation.

Ace Attorney Trilogy

Another set of games, I see as one and part of the generation. Mesmerizing, impossible to put down. Loved them all, and they felt so right at home on the DS.

Red Steel 2

It's really hard to not put Mario Galaxy here... But Red Steel 2 deserves to be mentioned. It will likely never get a sequel, or the credit it deserves. The controls in this game were so much fun, it was like Devil May Cry with your hands man.

The level design could be better, and there could have been a little more variety... But dammit this game was so much fun to play. And it was without doubt, the one game that lived up to that original trailer Nintendo first showed when announcing the Wii.

Last edited:

kunonabi

So much decline. Truly the era when all the AAA nonsense took over.
If it weren't for the Wii I wouldn't be able to manage a top ten at all. Hell, if it weren't for the Wii I was actually planning on quitting games altogether at the start of that gen.

Knightime_X

Not in any order
Modern Warfare 2
Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo HD Remix
Dead Space
Devil May Cry 4
Resident Evil 5
God of War 3
FInal Fantasy XIII
Halo 3
Unreal Tournament 3
Super Paper Mario

F31 Leopard

Wii top 10
Xenoblade Chronicles
The Last Story
Pandora's Tower
Zack & Wiki
Fragile Dreams
Monster Hunter Tri
No More Heroes 1
Rhythm Heaven Fever
House of the Dead Overkill
Metroid Other M

Xbox 360 top 10
Gears of War
Dead Rising
Lost Planet
DoA4
Ninja Gaiden II
Import Tuner Challenge
Ace Combat 6
Rumble Roses XX
Onechanbara
Enchanted Arms

PS3 top 10
Folklore
Demon's Souls
Nier
Resonance of Fate
Binary Domain
Dead Space
Ridge Racer 7
Tekken 6
Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen
Way of the Samurai 3

1. Super Street Fighter IV
2. Tekken Tag Tournament 2
3. Demon's Souls
4. Dark Souls
5. Resident Evil HD Remaster
6. Super Stardust HD
7. Resident Evil Code: Veronica X HD
8. Resident Evil 0 HD Remaster
9. Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix
10. Resident Evil 5

nordique

(No particular order)

Twilight princess
Gears of war
Uncharted 2
God of war 3
Mass effect 2
Metal gear solid 4
CoD 4
Skyward sword
GTA 4
The last of us

German Hops

GAF's Nicest Lunch Thief
1 - Crackdown
2 - Xenoblade
3 - Bioshock
4 - Mass Effect
5 - Fallout 3
6 - Halo 3
7 - Digital Dot Heroes
8 - Call of Duty
9- Warhawk
10 - MGS 4

Closer

I'm only counting home console games. If I include handhelds, gonna be really different list.

1. Super Mario Galaxy
2. Metroid Prime 3
3. Bayonetta
4. Monster Hunter 3
5. Dead Space
6. Mass Effect
7. Forza Horizon 3
8. Tales of Vesperia
9. Tatsunoko vs Capcom
10. Just Dance

Last edited:

ARK1391

In no particular order. The list could easily be 2-3x longer..

Mass Effect 2
Dead Space 2
The Last of Us
Metal Gear Solid HD Collection
Borderlands
Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch
Red Dead Redemption
Spec Ops: The Line
Batman: Arkham City
Army of Two

1. Dark Souls
2. Demons Souls
3. oblivion
4. Gears of War 2
5. Last of Us
6. Mw2
7. Mk9
8. Dark Souls 2
9. MGR Revengence
10. Injustice

Fbh

I really enjoyed that gen so it's hard to narrow it down to 10.
If you ask in a month the list me be different but right now and in no particular order:

Demon Souls: The beginning of the souls franchise that introduced many of the concepts and ideas I've come to really enjoy in these games
Dark Souls: A worthy sequel with improved gameplay, better bosses and, more importantly, a more seamless world to explore
Mass Effect 2: As much as I missed some of the more RPG mechanics of the first, I liked the characters and cast more, I liked the locations better and the whole concept of the suicide mission was awesome
Uncharted 2: To this day I still think one of the finest examples of "cinematic" game design. Fun story, good pacing, awesome setpiece moments and visuals that still look pretty nice
Halo 3: My most played multiplayer game from that gen, loved the gameplay, maps, visuals and the campaign was pretty solid too.
Yakuza 4: The introduction of multiple playable characters wasn't just well implement but it was also the breath of fresh air the franchise needed after 3
Bayonetta: After a fun but underwhelming DMC4 Bayonetta felt like the proper next step for hack and slash/character action games. Awesome gameplay in a fun world with one of the more memorable character from the gen.
Valkyria Chronicles: Loved the mix of turn based and real time combat, the art direction is fantastic and the story was really enjoyable
TLOU: One of the more memorable stories from the gen, fun gameplay and an awesome multiplayer mode
Dragons Dogma: The wind is pushing meeeeeeeeeee!

Last edited:

Rickyiez

In no particular order

Devil May Cry 4
Bayonetta
Halo 3
Gears of War 1
Dark Souls
Street Fighter 4
Batman Arkham Asylum
Dead Space
Dead Rising
Call of Duty 4 MW

Insanely good gen TBH . Outside of top 10 there are still

Demon Souls
Witcher 2
Metal Gear : Rising
Tales of Vesperia
Xenoblade Chronicles
The last of Us
Uncharted 2
Halo Reach
Dishonored
Fable 2
Arkham City
Castlevania : LOS
MGS4
Dragon Dogma
Mass Effect
Vanquish
God of War 3
Prey

Last edited:

stn

I posted a small list before but this is actually my top 10.

1. Ultra Street Fighter 4
2. Dragon Age: Origins
3. Street Fighter X Tekken
4. Mass Effect 1
5. Batman Arkham: Origins
5. Mass Effect 2
6. Batman: Arkham Asylum
7. Deus-Ex: Human Revolution
8. Gears of War
9. GTA V
10. The Witcher 2

Most likely. I am definitely certain of the top 3, everything after that could potentially be re-arranged.

Caffeine

1. dark souls
2. halo 3
3. mass effect 2
4. zelda tp
5. mgs 4
6. dragon age
7. dead space 2
8. Mortal Kombat 2011
9. Final Fantasy XIII
10. smash bros brawl
no order these are just the 10 that standout for me and left an impression.

FeralEcho

Oh boy here we go,been waiting for a thread like this.

I've been gaming since the Genesis days and 7th gen is actually my favorite generation...The console war,the exclusives,the E3s,the amazing OS of both PS3 and 360 and of course all those amazing,amazing games.

This is my top 10:

10.Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen
9.Mass Effect 2
8.Gears of War 2
7.Batman Arkham City
6.Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2
5.Dead Space 2
4.The Last of Us
3.Uncharted 2
2.Killzone 2
1.Dark Souls

Special Mentions: God of War 3,InFAMOUS,Ninja Gaiden 2,Yakuza 5,Resistance Fall of Man,Metal Gear Rising Revengeance,Resident Evil 5,Dead Space and Bioshock

What an incredible generation of games.No remakes,6 year span trilogies,innovation and alot of today's most revered franchises spawned in this generation.Stuff like Bayonetta,Mass Effect,Dead Space,Gears of War,Uncharted,Bioshock,Dark Souls just to name a few.Just bonkers.

Top Bottom