• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Your Top 3 Pokémon Soundtrack

OrionNebula

I don’t know squat about Pokémon (basically absoluetly next to nothing), but I hear their game ost are pretty damn good

I see a bunch of them on iTunes, but I would like to make an educated purchase

So what say you, GAF?
Which soundtrack should I get?

Slap me your Top 3, and tell me why I should listen to you

Saber

Gold Member
Pokemon soundtracks varies alot and to be quite frankly to even calling them good is depressing, taking account countless rpgs with far better and superior OSTs.

Pokemon Stadium 2 is one of top in my list, followed by XY and Black and White.

Sapphire/Ruby in conjuction with Sword/Shield are the top worst musics and its not even by Pokemon standarts.

OrionNebula

Pokemon soundtracks varies alot and to be quite frankly to even calling them good is depressing, taking account countless rpgs with far better and superior OSTs.

Pokemon Stadium 2 is one of top in my list, followed by XY and Black and White.

Sapphire/Ruby in conjuction with Sword/Shield are the top worst musics and its not even by Pokemon standarts.
Thanks for your opinion
Just to help put things in perspective, what other rpg ost would you put above the Pokémon osts? Let’s ignore the Final Fantasy ones, as well as the Xeno ones, as I already own (and love) them all
Thanks

Saber

Gold Member
Thanks for your opinion
Just to help put things in perspective, what other rpg ost would you put above the Pokémon osts? Let’s ignore the Final Fantasy ones, as well as the Xeno ones, as I already own (and love) them all
Thanks

Dragon Quest(orchestred version), Dragons Crown(orchestred as well), Trauma Center for DS(not a rpg though), Valkyrie Profile, the list goes on. My preffered is Dragons Crown.

Codes 208

1. Champion Lance/Red theme (g/s/c//hg/ss)
2. Legendary Trio (R/S/E//OR/AS)
3. Gym battle (most of them but im generally partial to gens 1-3 and 8)

Fbh

I like Dendemille Town from X/Y because it reminds me of the music from Chrono Cross:

Also kinda cheating but the orchestral rendition of the Gym theme from the original Anime Run is awesome.

Like would it fucking kill Nintendo/Gamefreak to put this level of production values into the soundtrack of their 15+ million selling games?

Last edited:

NeoIkaruGAF

Gold Member
Red/Blue (outstanding composition for the hardware. All the battle themes are amazing, some town themes are pure joy, and some route tracks just scream “move outta the way, kid on his way to discover the world coming up!”)

Ruby/Sapphire (Route 110 is too good. One of the very few videogame tracks that made me just stop and listen to the music. This is the music of adventure)

Sun/Moon

Jeeves

Diamond/Pearl/Platinum has a jazzy soundtrack that's my favorite in the series, with distinct day/night versions of each outdoor song. Both iterations of Route 228 are earworms that have stayed with me ever since the games were new.

I don't know if the remakes that just came out do the soundtrack justice, I haven't played (yet?).

Bakkus

1. RSE (fuck you, Saber Saber that soundtrack is a masterpiece)
2. BW1&2
3. RBY, but honestly, all the 5 first gens have great soundtrack. Sinnoh is the only one with some weak parts.

Other games I'd like to mention is Pokemon Stadium (again, Saber, why do you think 2 has better soundtrack than 1? For me it's absolutely zero contest). the two GC Orre games, and not to mention Mystery Dungeon 2.

OrionNebula

I don't understand, that's a track from Pokemon Diamond/pearl...
Don’t get me wrong, I appreciate the thought. But I was looking for the best full Pokemon game soundtrack to discover/buy (and not a smash bros version of a Pokemon song)

On a side note I did end up buying the Diamond/Pearl ost as my first Pokemon ost. Seemed like a good place to start based on comments in here + some google searches

OrionNebula

1. Champion Lance/Red theme (g/s/c//hg/ss)
2. Legendary Trio (R/S/E//OR/AS)
3. Gym battle (most of them but im generally partial to gens 1-3 and 8)
Thanks. I totally do not know what g/s/c/hg/ss + r/s/e/or/as actually stands for as I know next to nothing about Pokemon. I suppose it’s like green, silver, but most of the rest, no clue ??

1. RSE (fuck you, Saber Saber that soundtrack is a masterpiece)
2. BW1&2
3. RBY, but honestly, all the 5 first gens have great soundtrack. Sinnoh is the only one with some weak parts.

Other games I'd like to mention is Pokemon Stadium (again, Saber, why do you think 2 has better soundtrack than 1? For me it's absolutely zero contest). the two GC Orre games, and not to mention Mystery Dungeon 2.
Thanks for the details. I’ll have to check em out

Codes 208

Thanks. I totally do not know what g/s/c/hg/ss + r/s/e/or/as actually stands for as I know next to nothing about Pokemon. I suppose it’s like green, silver, but most of the rest, no clue ??

Thanks for the details. I’ll have to check em out
Abbreviations are represented of the versions of those particular gens.

for example when you see someone say r/b/y it’s referring to red/blue/yellow (or gen 1)

so r/s/e//or/as would be ruby/sapphire/emerald and their remakes omega ruby/alpha sapphire

Top Bottom