• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

You're Stuck in a Hypothetical and Can Only Play One Expansion Pack for the Rest of Your Life

Husky

THE Prey 2 fanatic
Your plane's gone down, and oh no! You're stranded in a hypothetical! You must choose one single-player video game expansion pack to entertain you for the rest of your life, and the base game is completely inaccessible. Does the expansion add new content to the base game's world? Don't worry, you can play all that new content without touching the old, it all just magically works without issue, please don't ask me how.

The only expansion packs eligible are those which require the base game. Crysis Warhead is not an expansion, FEAR: Extraction Point is. Large free updates are not expansion packs.

Which expansion pack do you choose? Why? If you don't tell us why, you're a coward.

The first expansion that comes to mind is the Desolation of Mordor DLC for Middle-earth: Shadow of War, as it adds a new desert map that can be played with both Talion as well as Baranor in his own separate campaign.

A better answer is Dying Light: The Following. That's a big meaty hunk of expansion. I might have to go with that.

Topher

Gold Member
Blood & Wine

Look Here Reaction GIF by Paul McCartney

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
The Madden roster update where they added Colin Kaepernick with like an 85 overall rating even though he hasn't taken a snap in years.

• LOL
Reactions: Isa

Godot25

Banned
Oh fuck. That's pretty hard.
I would choose between Burial at Sea from Bioshock Infinite, Minerva's Den from BioShock 2, Tiny Tina from Borderlands 2, Lair of the Shadow Broker from Mass Effect 2 and and Blood and Wine from Witcher 3

Mister Wolf

Blood and Wine by a mile. You will never get a better season pass than the Witcher 3's pass. Certainly not at that price range. The second best is Xenoblade 2's expansion/pass.

IFireflyl

Gold Member
Nope, the base game map is out uwu
All you got is the new houses and the adoptable children

You said (or implied, I guess) that you can play the new content using the base game's world without touching the old content:

Does the expansion add new content to the base game's world? Don't worry, you can play all that new content without touching the old, it all just magically works without issue, please don't ask me how.

The only way you can say "nope" to me is if the new "content" is played in a void, but you implied with your OP that that wasn't the case because "it all just magically works". Unless it "magically works" by creating a brand new world for the DLC/expansion content. But even then that would still work for me, so I pick Hearthfire for the reasons I stated. :D

Last edited:

Husky

THE Prey 2 fanatic
You said (or implied, I guess) that you can play the new content using the base game's world without touching the old content:

The only way you can say "nope" to me is if the new "content" is played in a void, but you implied with your OP that that wasn't the case because "it all just magically works". Unless it "magically works" by creating a brand new world for the DLC/expansion content. But even then that would still work for me, so I pick Hearthfire for the reasons I stated. :D
Your inference, not my implication. It all magically works without touching the base game's map :lollipop_grinning_eyes:
It may be hard to wrap one's mind around. Perhaps to understand it would be maddening. One might even call it safer to read the Necronomicon from front to back.
Else, you could just say it's played in a void. That's sort of just magically working.

IFireflyl

Gold Member
Your inference, not my implication. It all magically works without touching the base game's map :lollipop_grinning_eyes:
It may be hard to wrap one's mind around. Perhaps to understand it would be maddening. One might even call it safer to read the Necronomicon from front to back.
Else, you could just say it's played in a void. That's sort of just magically working.

That's not "working" and makes this game kind of retarded, so... I'm out. :)

Vagswarm

Should've probably put singleplayer in the title. Brood War is the best singleplayer expansion I can think of. Lord of Destruction originally came to mind, but there's only one zone and you said there's no playing the original content.

Last edited:
Top Bottom