• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Youtube alternatives?

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
Odysee - Has a good Linux/Tech community but videos can suffer from buffering issues
Rumble - Generally conservative and political, but this is starting to change with Russel Brand and Tulsi Gabbard joining the platform.
Bitchute - 2007-era wild west of Youtube
DailyMotion - More focused on mainstream media content, but a good and usable alternative to Youtube
Storyfire - This seems more in line with TikTok rather than Youtube but still worth checking out

bitchute is looking decidedly odd... seoul stampede was planned AI and 5G murder? nuremberg 2.0, politicials call for vaccine tyranny trial?

odysee is interesting its built ontop of LIBRY... technically any video on a LIBRY platform can be delisted from the website but cannot be removed from LIBRY which means it should remain accessible somehow?

Mistake

bitchute is looking decidedly odd... seoul stampede was planned AI and 5G murder? nuremberg 2.0, politicials call for vaccine tyranny trial?

odysee is interesting its built ontop of LIBRY... technically any video on a LIBRY platform can be delisted from the website but cannot be removed from LIBRY which means it should remain accessible somehow?
The LBRY desktop application lets you search and use tags for adult content, while the same content is not listed on Odysee. Probably to help comply with app store rules or keep it more accessible for general audiences.

Bitchute has always had those weird videos, and similar things are on rumble. But I don’t blame the platform, as anyone can put videos on it.

Last edited:

joedan

My use of YouTube has fell off a cliff since they seemingly hugely increased the number of ads, including unskippable ads being shown in their videos. It's simply too much and makes watching YT an unpleasant experience.

This is on my LG CX by the way. If there's anyone who can tell me how to get rid ads on the YT app for LG OLEDs I'd be eternally grateful.

GeekyDad

I like the simple, fairly unobtrusive layout of Bitchute's front page, but good lord, just seeing what videos are on the front page. Yikes, that place seems like kindling for a massive fire. I'm not taking issue that there are sites like that for folks interested, but I was thinking maybe something a bit more hobbyist or the like -- you know, gaming, music, DIY.

Jubenhimer

I like the simple, fairly unobtrusive layout of Bitchute's front page, but good lord, just seeing what videos are on the front page. Yikes, that place seems like kindling for a massive fire. I'm not taking issue that there are sites like that for folks interested, but I was thinking maybe something a bit more hobbyist or the like -- you know, gaming, music, DIY.
This. I'm all for alternatives to YouTube, but so far the ones we have are mostly popular with disgruntled independent political commentators who want to bypass YouTube's favoritism towards establishment politics (I don't blame them, but still). Hopefully, more people in communities like gaming, and such who are fed up with the myriad of other problems with YouTube, such as broken copyright policies, nonsensical kids' restrictions, unfair demonetizations, and rewarding corporations over creators, realize the potential of alternatives and jump ship. I think Rumble has the best chance of being an actual threat to YouTube so far.

Last edited:
wEkbF8t.gif

Top Bottom