• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

YouTubers who make up “confirmed” information

BreakOut

There is a lot of people on YouTube who just makes stuff up. But this guy has to be the worst, he was he was in the video that tested the new PS5 thermals. The one that sparked all that controversy.
If you’re in the market for a good laugh, hopefully this will do. I always see radical weird shit like this anytime he pops up on my feed. So it’s not a one off.

BreakOut

yBlIFUz.jpg
For some reason it’s not showing the image for me. I thought I posted it but here it is again.

BreakOut

Because YouTube rewards views with money.
I wonder if it’s hard to just make a channel that Tailor to a specific group, make A bunch of stuff up that fits whatever narrative they prefer and get views. I admit that I’m not above it, I see this and all I can think is free money. You don’t even have to know anything.

ManaByte

Gold Member
I wonder if it’s hard to just make a channel that Tailor to a specific group, make A bunch of stuff up that fits whatever narrative they prefer and get views. I admit that I’m not above it, I see this and all I can think is free money. You don’t even have to know anything.

You need 1,000 subscribers before you can be monetized, but after that just make a lot of 10 minute videos like this and you'll rake in the cash:

BreakOut

You need 1,000 subscribers before you can be monetized, but after that just make a lot of 10 minute videos like this and you'll rake in the cash:

That’s so crazy, whats weird as I’ve never watched a video from this dude. So I don’t understand how it keeps showing up in my feed. I don’t even have a Gmail account, so I’m not really sure how the algorithm keeps deciding that this specific guy should be on my front page or whatever.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
the switch channels are the worst. i saw one a while back but can't remember the name. i didn't want to watch the videos to give them any views but i looked at all the videos they uploaded and the thumbnails/titles told me everything. it was shit like...

HOW YOU CAN GET A SWITCH PRO TODAY
SWITCH 2 ISNT REAL!
SWITCH 2 LEAKS
WHY SWITCH PRO WILL NEVER HAPPEN
SWITCH PRO RELEASE DATE IS HERE
NINTENDOS NEXT CONSOLE WONT BE A SWITCH
YOU CAN PRE ORDER SWITCH 2!
SWITCH 2 CONFIRMED FOR 2022

it's all just bullshit to get views. they don't even put any effort into it. clickbait title, thumbnail with a face like 😲 or :unsure:, 10 minutes long, 7 minute intro/rambling/sponsors, and 3 minutes of actual "content" which is just rumours or speculation.

Chiggs

It truly is incredible how the constant shitshow that is YouTube and Twitter makes me pine for the days of corrupt, traditional media...that actually had a standards and practices department they would occasionally listen to.

Chronicle

90% of the internet is unsubstantiated bullshit. It has us tearing at each others' throats for crying out loud. The problem is people take it seriously. It's a shitshow

BreakOut

the switch channels are the worst. i saw one a while back but can't remember the name. i didn't want to watch the videos to give them any views but i looked at all the videos they uploaded and the thumbnails/titles told me everything. it was shit like...

HOW YOU CAN GET A SWITCH PRO TODAY
SWITCH 2 ISNT REAL!
SWITCH 2 LEAKS
WHY SWITCH PRO WILL NEVER HAPPEN
SWITCH PRO RELEASE DATE IS HERE
NINTENDOS NEXT CONSOLE WONT BE A SWITCH
YOU CAN PRE ORDER SWITCH 2!
SWITCH 2 CONFIRMED FOR 2022

it's all just bullshit to get views. they don't even put any effort into it. clickbait title, thumbnail with a face like 😲 or :unsure:, 10 minutes long, 7 minute intro/rambling/sponsors, and 3 minutes of actual "content" which is just rumours or speculation.
So here’s what we do, make a website and claim that it’s an insider website. I hear somewhere square space has 10% off if we use a certain code (lol) make a YouTube channel with all the bullshit that sounds really good and link to articles that we wrote on the site!
I wonder if that really would work. Like could you get just enough people to make a little money.

BreakOut

It truly is incredible how the constant shitshow that is YouTube and Twitter makes me pine for the days of corrupt, traditional media...that actually had a standards and practices department they would occasionally listen to.
It’s gold when I find someone that seems very middle. I really like that Mystic dude, and yeah I’ll plug him because I think he does a really good job. PlayStation focused channel without constant bullshit, and when he does say something that’s not confirmed he says “this is a rumor.”

BreakOut

maxresdefault.jpg

Gonna plug my Vita TV into my PS5, expecting a huge graphics boost, brb.
Holy shit I just noticed that! I totally thought that was something he photoshopped and made, but it is a Vita TV!
I wonder if this guy actually knows that he’s peddling bullshit or if he reads stupid rumors that are made up to mess with people and reports them because he actually thinks they are real.

fart town usa

Gold Member
The only time a rumor this dumb turned out to be true.

iu

I'm very selective with the gaming stuff I watch on YouTube. 99% of it is just click bait nonsense. Don't link or watch their videos. All they care about is clicks and that's what determines the types of video they make.

Last edited:

Dream-Knife

Banned
External GPUs typically only get 50-70% of the performance they would if they were internal, so if anything it would be a huge waste.

ShirAhava

Plays with kids toys, in the adult gaming world
I do not understand the hostile attitude towards leakers at all no one is forcing anyone to pay attention to any of it
People seem to enjoy or love to hate this kind of thing so it has a place

I put leakers in three categories

-People who just make up shit for clicks and views (I find it very entertaining)

-People who have real insider info but guess what? plans changed! the leaker wasn't lying the company just decided not to do that in the end (this happens more often than people realize)

-People who have real insider info that comes out exactly or almost exactly as they said

Last edited:
Top Bottom