• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"You've Got to Stop This": Jared Leto Fumed Over New 'Joker' Movie

Doom85

I wonder how much of Leto's Joker was actually his own vision/decision, since he otherwise has some acting chops (see Dallas Buyers Club). Hard to pull off a character well in such a shit movie like Suicide Squad.

Nah, I think it's on Leto. Will Smith, Margot Robbie, and Viola Davis didn't let the weak directing/script slow them down. I mean, geezus christ, Jai Courtney of all people seemed to know what he was doing more than Leto. Leto seemed to let the pressure of the legacy of the role get to him, did some rather immature and dick-ish stuff under the veil of "method acting", and then finally turned in a role that screamed all Leto managed to figure out about Joker was, "um......he's weird, I guess."

Shubh_C63

Don’t necro threads.
Leto had put a lot of effort into his Suicide Squadversion of the DC villain, with rotting teeth, bloodshot eyes and slicked-back neon green hair. He spent months getting into character and terrifying his castmates with “gifts” such as a live rat to Harley Quinn actress Margot Robbie, bullets to Deadshot actor Will Smith and a dead pig to the entire cast during rehearsal.

Method acting or just being an asshole.

Suicide squad hurt me. I love David Ayer, I really admire Jared Leto. You can imagine my expression leaving the theater.

Leto had put a lot of effort into his Suicide Squadversion of the DC villain, with rotting teeth, bloodshot eyes and slicked-back neon green hair. He spent months getting into character and terrifying his castmates with “gifts” such as a live rat to Harley Quinn actress Margot Robbie, bullets to Deadshot actor Will Smith and a dead pig to the entire cast during rehearsal.

Method acting or just being an asshole.

Suicide squad hurt me. I love David Ayer, I really admire Jared Leto. You can imagine my expression leaving the theater.

Nice necro bump dude.

What makes a thread necro? This is less than 2 years old. A bit confusing since similar threads are posted below showing threads back to 2016. How long is the cutoff?

DKehoe

Gold Member
What makes a thread necro? This is less than 2 years old. A bit confusing since similar threads are posted below showing threads back to 2016. How long is the cutoff?
I think the newish "similar threads" listed at the bottom of the page has lead to more of this recently. I'm guessing they were reading one of the recent Snyder Cut threads, that lead to them to this and they necroed it without looking at the date.

Ionian

How did he manage to wangle himself out of all the accusations? Genuinely curious. Was #METOO for ages.

He pay them off or they had nothing on them? One even had his messages.

Rest

All these years later I still chuckle at what a fucking moron that guy is.
How did he manage to wangle himself out of all the accusations? Genuinely curious. Was #METOO for ages.

He pay them off or they had nothing on them? One even had his messages.
I would guess that because a lot of his alleged victims are underage, no one cares. MeToo will pass, and people still won't care about crimes against women and children.

And lol at that fucking bump.

Ionian

I would guess that because a lot of his alleged victims are underage, no one cares. MeToo will pass, and people still won't care about crimes against women and children.

And lol at that fucking bump.

Oh I think #MeToo is well over. Think Rose McGowan killed it.

That isn't to deny people speaking out at all. As mentioned before my sister was abused. It's sickening and heartbreaking but #Metoo was dumb when people started jumping on it when it was a Twitter trend.

Edit: to clarify it trended. Was sickening as people abused the tag.

Last edited:
Damn I got a warning for necro bumping.
I legit didn't notice the date in the suggested thread.
Yeah it's a bit weird for Gaf to recommend other threads below the current one, and then warn you for commenting on one. The "Similar Threads" section below this one points to threads from 2016, 2017 and 2018.

trikster40

Well, since it’s already bumped....

After watching the Snyder cut, I think Leto really nailed the Joker during the Epilogue. That was one of the new shoots, right? Did Snyder shoot any footage of him originally? Just curious how much of his performance was before and after his SS performance.

Top Bottom