• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yuke’s has shared the first in-game footage of its AEW wrestling game

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

The short clip was shown during AEW’s Games 2.Show presentation and can be seen in the video embedded above (at the 8:10 mark).

The video, narrated by AEW wrestler Kenny Omega, gives players a close look at the character model for Darby Allin, followed by in-game footage of him performing a punch and a springboard back elbow, as well as an Irish whip outside the ring into the apron.

An early look at the still untitled game was shown last November, but while it was likely in-engine it consisted entirely of cut-scenes. This new footage is the first glimpse of how the game will actually look in action.

MisterHero

16 years later and it doesn't look much better than Day of Reckoning 2

How hard is it to just improve on that series?

Rayderism

So....essentially the same as always but MAYBE less buggy than '20 since they took an extra year to make it. 🤷‍♂️

MrA

Banned
16 years later and it doesn't look much better than Day of Reckoning 2

How hard is it to just improve on that series?
aBg6pdz_460s.jpg

apparently, all it takes is not being yukes

MisterHero

aBg6pdz_460s.jpg

apparently, all it takes is not being yukes
I'm not certain on the developer lineage of wrestling games but the both DoR and the TNA game definitely had superior wrestler models than the "official" WWE games of their respective time and Yukes was on all of them (I think).

MrA

Banned
I'm not certain on the developer lineage of wrestling games but the both DoR and the TNA game definitely had superior wrestler models than the "official" WWE games of their respective time and Yukes was on all of them (I think).
day of reckoning was yukes, but that was before they went to crap with the 360/ps3 gen, tna impact was done by midway la

Karmic Raze

I thought it looked pretty good myself. I’m more amped for the AEW game than say WWE 2K22. I haven’t been big into WWE for years now, mainly tuning into AEW and NJPW as my primary wrestling entertainment per se. I just hope the AEW console game is coming out sooner rather than later. I need that shit now.

kiphalfton

Okay who is the good wrestling dev and who is the sucky one. Because it seemed like people in the other thread were praising this game, and now people in this thread are saying it looks like crap.

As I understand it the good wrestling games are No Mercy, Smackdown Here Comes the Pain, and Smackdown Shut Your Mouth.

//DEVIL//

Ps2 animation in 2021 ..

for the love of god what’s wrong with many developers these days ? This plus some of the shit I seen this e3 are beyond ugly wtf

Rikku-X

Did they not say they were going to get the developers of no mercy to developed the game? What happened there.

Last edited:
The new WWE 2K game looks way better, this looks like an early PS4/X1 game to me. the arena looks fine it's the models that look pretty blah to be honest and they went crazy with the motion blur, that needs to be cut down by like 90%.

MAtgS

The new WWE 2K game looks way better, this looks like an early PS4/X1 game to me. the arena looks fine it's the models that look pretty blah to be honest and they went crazy with the motion blur, that needs to be cut down by like 90%.
They may be aiming for a Switch version. They are afterall trying to appeal to fans of the N64/DoR games.

Top Bottom