• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

yuzu updated with Resolution Scaler - Play Switch games in 8K

cragarmi

Understand Captain America GIF

Larxia

Upscaling in Yoshi is not very good. The shadows and the depth of field in the background don't upscale and the game still has a lot of aliasing on the edges.

01006000040c2000_2021ylj6n.png
Depth of field not being upscaled correctly seem to be a very common issue in various emulators, I've seen it multiple time in different games, like tony hawk on rpcs3 for example.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Is it possible to map motion controls to an analog stick or something, for games that use it minimally (like BOTW tilting in some shrines, I just encountered my first and was like huh, I didn't know it has such stuff) so you don't have to bust out a controller with that tech inside it just for that? And how, since I can't figure it out. I thought i could at least map it to my DS4 but it doesn't even seem to properly see it when I turn off DS4Windows (which makes it visible as an Xbox controller), it some times works (buttons, sticks etc. at least, shaking it while trying to make motion in the settings never registers) but then the light goes red and it doesn't. Edit: never mind, finally got it, had to enable that server crap in DS4Wndows, then it works to both be usable as an Xbox pad and to send the motion data to be mapped in Yuzu in the corresponding setting.

Last edited:

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
Is Switch emulation really that good? I tried using a 360 emulator the other day and it was still trash.
Problem is VMX instruction, which is largery due to hypervisor of the X360 and that's pretty hard to emulate, because Microsoft even back then was pretty far in this container/vm game. And those VMX instruction was used to interact with the CPU. So yes it's pretty hard, because of this layer.

Banned
Beware everyone. Mentioning emulation in Switch threads can cause to warning and ban.

Apparently, admins see Yuzu as warring weapon and most importantly - piracy threat.

A05D8mj.png

lul what?

the moderation is all over the place in general. I got a ban warning for calling Horizon Zero Dawn a mediocre game, and saying that I hope the second one will not be as mundane...

meanwhile I was shitting on Halo Infinite almost daily, going after almost every aspect of the game and after the developers, basically adding "close down 343i" to almost all of my posts in one form or another... but that was OK I guess?

@topic tho: when will the version with resolution settings become publicly available? last time I checked it was supporters only

Last edited:

Holammer

@topic tho: when will the version with resolution settings become publicly available? last time I checked it was supporters only
It's public now, probably been so for a couple of weeks now?. Just update your Yuzu.
Here a 1440p screenshot taken today with Yuzu. Nobody ever thought of the "check out these melons" joke ever before, no sir.

3AD71A87781955B4BC9537B514D8AA934A88F1EF

Banned
It's public now, probably been so for a couple of weeks now?. Just update your Yuzu.
Here a 1440p screenshot taken today with Yuzu. Nobody ever thought of the "check out these melons" joke ever before, no sir.

3AD71A87781955B4BC9537B514D8AA934A88F1EF

I gotta try that new version now :) nice

Top Bottom