• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ZACK SNYDER'S JUSTICE LEAGUE Was Reportedly HBO Max's Third (Not Second) Biggest Debut Of 2021

Sucks that it is outperformed by some random Drama movie and Kong Vs. Godzilla especially since that movie is so stupid that i'm surprised anyone would willingly sit through that mindless drivel.

Warner is just looking for an excuse to ignore fan demands and this provides it.

Last edited:

Sleepwalker

Gold Member
There's only so much a movie that has already released do, I think it did really well considering that for the average joe its kinda like "oh justice league, ive seen this already, meh".

Bwesh

Jesus this was such a boring ass movie.

Felt like a 6 hour movie with all the slowmo. Zero payoff since it's a cliffhanger ending. The epilogue was simply fan service that won't lead to anything.

SJRB

Gold Member
Third biggest debut for a movie that already was in a dumpster but dragged out by sheer fan pressure alone doesn't really sound all that bad at all. I find it quite an amazing achievement actually.

Have you seen the trailer views for Godzilla vs Kong? There was never a doubt that movie would blow JL out of the water. And it doesn't matter.

Last edited:

FunkMiller

Sucks that it is outperformed by some random Drama movie and Kong Vs. Godzilla especially since that movie is so stupid that i'm surprised anyone would willingly sit through that mindless drivel.

I kinda dug GvK. It was absolutely fucking moronic, but still great fun to watch monkey hit lizard. More fun that Justice League, and not four hours long in a horrible aspect ratio.

Last edited:

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
The ceiling for super hero movies after Ledger’s Joker is high, Justice League Snyder cut is amazing but no one is falling in love with 4 hour movies especially when it’s a situation of theaters re-opening.

I don't know why people are surprised that a conventional 2 hour movie did better than an experimental 4 hour cut of an already released movie.

Judas also benefits promotionally from having a theatrical release, which the Snyder cut does not have, as well as official Academy, SAG, BAFTA backing, etc.

There is no doubt in my mind that the same companies who use bots for promotion probably futz the streaming numbers in favor of their own pet projects. Even just going by the promotional push, Judas is destined for systemic elevation.

Whenever someone is like "Oh how could this be doing not as good?" it feels like we are forgetting that the entire deck has been stacked against this movie from the start. Remember that journos were smearing anyone who even suggested that it existed.

Last edited:
If there is a way to fit the Black Panthers into Dune then they should do that, it would really help sell the movie to critics.

Last edited:

Evil Calvin

Afraid of Boobs
Because those who had watched the original know it was crap. Only percentage of those took the plunge to watch the polished turd. They shoehorned in a team movie when it should have taken 10 years to build up. No amount of directors cut can change that flaw.

MilkLizard

Just because it worked for the Avengers and the MCU doesn’t mean it’s the only way. All these characters are so iconic and pretty much everyone knows their origins, no need to dwell on that. I thought the pacing of the Snydercut was just fine to indroduce everyone.

Hell, look how Disney handled Spider-Man for the MCU and he’s now one of the fan favorites.

MaestroMike

Gold Member
I'd be bored out of my mind watching Godzilla v King Kong again, the movie is just GCI battles and pretty boring human bits. It's decent to watch one time but never again.

Depends on the person I can watch the movie multiple times and I already have.

I've watched lizard v monke 3 times already. Zack Snyder was lucky I didn't slept through my single viewing of Justice League.

Last edited:

FunkMiller

Good lord. The Snyder Bros are in huge denial over that latest trailer, huh? It clearly states it's a complete trilogy. There's not going to be any more.

Chiggs

I won't say anything bad about Judas and the Black Messiah, but Godzilla vs Kong was fucking awful. Just atrocious on so many levels, including the wretched cast. Millie Bobbie Brown and her entire crew fucking suck.

Top Bottom