• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zelda Direct This Week

*Edit* No Direct but a 3 min trailer tomorrow. Hell yeah I’m ready!!!!

*End of edit*

———

What do you guys think we will see at the Zelda direct this week?

I think we will see new amiibos (probably zelda and ganondorf), a 3 minute story trailer like the one below, a new collectors edition of the game, and more gameplay.

They will also finally announce Wind Waker / Twilight Princess for the Switch coming later this year.
pP3IVUR.jpg

Source of a direct this week is Mike Odyssey on YouTube

He said Wednesday or Friday but I think it’ll be Wednesday.

We are eating good this week boys!!

Last edited:
Why do people think there would be a Zelda Direct?

-they’ve already shown extended gameplay 1 1/2 weeks ago
-announced the special OLED bundle
-They’ve made many Zelda games since the origin of the Nintendo Direct, and have literally never made a Zelda Direct before
-why are we making rumor threads not labeled as rumor, based on junk YouTubers with *zero* insider information?

And why would they announce TP and WW ports *before TotK comes? That makes no sense.

So on and so forth.

It’s not happening

Last edited:

L*][*N*K

Banned
I don’t think there will be a Zelda direct, and if there is there is no way they would announce any other game (WW or TP), right now they want you to just focus on Tears of the Kingdom

Saber

Gold Member
Thats a rumor, slow down

I would be up for a Twilight Princess though.

Last edited:
Reactions: Isa
Uh Huh Sure GIF

we just had one like 2 weeks ago
It wasn’t a Direct. It was just a YouTube upload.

They’ve also never done a Zelda Direct ever, and never say never of course, but I really don’t see why they’d do one now with the bundle and the extended gameplay having already been shown 1.5 weeks ago. Honestly this thread is… low effort.

PS, Xbox, and Steam ports of all Zelda games, including (and especially) the CD-I versions.

Also a Zelda-branded re-release of Skyrim.

Krappadizzle

Gold Member
Season 3 Whatever GIF by The Office

Whatever it is...

On any given day it's a toss up on whether Witcher 3 or BotW is my favorite game of all time. I'm so excited about TotK and haven't thought about it at all until just recently. Not much longer to wait, it's crazy to think how long it's been.

Last edited:
Reactions: Isa

Robb

Gold Member
Seems a bit soon, although I do think they need to ramp up the advertising.

I’m definitely expecting another showing of some kind though, if only to announce the inevitable DLC/Expansion Pass.

DKPOWPOW

Well they have to show something after the last presentation. I don’t think I have ever seen hype drop for a Zelda game so fast since the 2000s when Celda was shown. Unless they were trying to temper expectations, the demo of the game was a straight dud.

blacktout

Setting aside the fact that this is a rumor from a source I've never heard of, there's very little chance Nintendo is going to announce Wind Waker/Twilight Princess before TotK is released. That would only muddle the marketing of both TotK and WW/TP.

On the off chance that this isn't some dude making up bullshit for clicks, we would get a dedicated Tears of the Kingdom Direct with more details about that game and no mention of any other unannounced titles.

Well they have to show something after the last presentation. I don’t think I have ever seen hype drop for a Zelda game so fast since the 2000s when Celda was shown. Unless they were trying to temper expectations, the demo of the game was a straight dud.

I agree but the Nintedo faithful are probably still just as hyped as nothing shown could've ever tempered their belief. Lots of more rational minded individuals are at least questioning "could this actually be less than expected?" after the demo whereas that possibility hadn't crossed their minds yet.

What can we agree on in terms of what we'd generally have expected from botw's sequel? The way I see it Nintendo can't expect people to be happy if they've just altered the map and added sky islands. There has to be something to make up for that which I'm hoping their hiding.

I understand not everyone will share that perspective and that for some, as long as the map is "sufficiently altered" then that will be enough for them. For me, they'd have to avoid all but a few key areas being topographically the same. I don't want to explore and have most of the map be the same landscapes I've already traversed. Twenty five percent? I could live with that. Right now though the impression I'm getting is this Hyrule will be like 80 percent the same.

I like the new game mechanics of TOTK, but the trailers and gameplay have been a underwhelming. Looking back at the trailers for BOTW and the gameplay sessions, by far Nintendo put a lot of effort into it. Of course Nintendo was in a bad spot then and couldn't put in a half ass effort with new hardware and a launch title.

Saiyan-Rox

I think we will see new amiibos (probably zelda and ganondorf), a 3 minute story trailer like the one below, a new collectors edition of the game, and more gameplay.

They will also finally announce Wind Waker / Twilight Princess for the Switch coming later this year.

I don't understand your reasoning for a new collectors edition...I mean one is already announced why announce another one so late?

pP3IVUR.jpg

Source of a direct this week is Mike Odyssey on YouTube

He said Wednesday or Friday but I think it’ll be Wednesday.

We are eating good this week boys!!

Your source is… a guy on YouTube? Lmao

C’mon

All the hype right now is from our imagination of what this game could be, not hype from what Nintendo has shown. Attatching a stick to a rock to hit enemies is not exciting. But what it could mean is. And i think Nintendo is not that stupid to leave the marketing at that.

There will be a direct this week and it will be glorious. This game is to big of a deal for them not to go all out on the marketing. Get your bodies Reggie…

ADiTAR

ידע זה כוח
Yeah, I was pretty sure Nintendo will do another showcase of the game soon. So I dunno if he actually knows or just an educated guess.

Top Bottom