• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zelda on a high end PC running in CEMU

RAIDEN1

Technically no it is not! However...below is footage of what the Switch Pro in theory COULD look like, emphasis the COULD but probably won't be the case....this is Zelda bumped up to 8K! And not just a resolution bump either... ray tracing is also included in this demo, technique that was once exclusive to CGI films but now coming to the world of videogames.....The footage below speaks for itself in how stunning it is....(we all know at best the so-called Switch Pro may only be slightly more powerful than a base PS4..Nintendo aren't about to play Sony and Microsoft at their own game....)

You have too much hype for this Switch Pro. Relax or you'll be very very disappointed.
I recall the expectations for the initial Switch release, some were expecting it to trade blows with the xbone! Maybe even the base PS4.

It could happen this time around, especially if they make a console only version.

ItsGreat

The shadows are amazing.

But it kinda of loses it's charm with all the mist bits to removed. I like how the Wii U and Switch made it look grotty at times.

This is a little too clean like the Twilight Princess HD remaster. The low Res grottyness of the Twilight Princess on the Wii and GC really made it seem otherworldly/dreamlike at times.

Rat Rage

Raytracing kills (or at least doesn't favor) the fantasy look. It adds an unnecessary (kinda "colder") visual distraction. The soft, warm & fantasy-like lighing in Botw is already perfect. it fits the environments perfectly.

8k what?

Good thing the Zelda franchise is in the hands of the most talented videogame artists in the industry, and not some stupid Raytracing evangelists.

The only ones who 100% know how to make a Zelda game "look good" is the actual Zelda team and I'm sure they will not listen to ANYBODY else, since anybody else isn't on their level.

dcmk7

Banned
Raytracing kills (or at least doesn't favor) the fantasy look. It adds an unnecessary (kinda "colder") visual distraction. The soft, warm & fantasy-like lighing in Botw is already perfect. it fits the environments perfectly.

8k what?

Good thing the Zelda franchise is in the hands of the most talented videogame artists in the industry, and not some stupid Raytracing evangelists.

The only ones who 100% know how to make a Zelda game "look good" is the actual Zelda team and I'm sure they will not listen to ANYBODY else, since anybody else isn't on their level.
Except Ubisoft Quebec made Zelda look the best it's ever been.

barack obama laughing GIF by Obama

Top Bottom