• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zuckerberg Pivots to AI After Pivoting to the Metaverse.

Banned
Mr Zuckas, saw this, and said. Fuck metaverse i want some of those AI.

3x.webp

G-Bus

Banned
Yea this shit is scary.

Maybe it's been around for a while and I wasn't aware but the idea of no longer knowing what im reading was actually typed out by someone is kind of weird to think about.

The internet is quickly going to get a lot shittier.

Yea this shit is scary.

Maybe it's been around for a while and I wasn't aware but the idea of no longer knowing what im reading was actually typed out by someone is kind of weird to think about.

The internet is quickly going to get a lot shittier.
i was going to reply with and answer generated by Chat GPT.. do you think this answer could be generated by an A.I.?

Nocturno999

People keep pointing and laughing at the Metaverse, but the usual suspect companies, including the WEF are drooling at the posibilities of control.

hyperbertha

Jumping from one trend to another doesn't spark confidence in me for someone's vision. Zuckerberg was so dead set on the Metaverse that he changed everything and renamed his company and now since AI is taking off, he quickly jumps ship. It makes his ambitions shallow. it is sad because I actually like the Quest 2. John Carmack seemed like the real visionary.
It's not just that. Metaverse has been a disaster, and VR adoption rates have been stagnant.

KXVXII9X

It's not just that. Metaverse has been a disaster, and VR adoption rates have been stagnant.
It definitely seemed to slow down after 2020. It seemed like it was picking up during near the start of the pandemic when the Oculus Quest 2 came out and showed some promise. But in 2022, it seemed like the interest fell off a cliff.

It looks like it picked up a little with the release of the PSVR2 and it may again with other headsets being released this year like the Quest 3. I think their will be as much new people wanting to try VR though. The ones who were curious already did. I think the sudden shift to the Metaverse really turned people away, including myself.

E-Cat

Let’s not do this dumb shit right now, okay?

Tesla’s AI division is insanely advanced and he has shown a clear understanding of its concepts numerous times. He memes a lot but he’s not clueless by any stretch when it comes to AI.
Thanks for bringing nuance into it.

Top Bottom