• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

‘The Boys’ to End With Season 5 on Amazon

Draugoth

Gold Member
The-Boys-TV-Show-Amazon.jpg

Ahead of the premiere of “The Boys” Season 4, showrunner Eric Kripke has announced the R-rated Amazon Prime Video superhero series will conclude with its fifth season.

“#TheBoys Season 4 Premiere Week is a good time to announce: Season 5 will be the Final Season!” Kripke said in a post on X (formerly Twitter) Tuesday, which was accompanied with a screenshot of a redacted copy of the script for the Season 4 finale. “Always my plan, I just had to be cagey till I got the final OK from Vought. Thrilled to bring the story to a gory, epic, moist climax. Watch Season 4 in 2 DAYS, cause the end has begun!”

Debuting in 2019, “The Boys” takes place in a world run by superhero mega corp Vought and follows the battle between the supes and the titular “Boys,” a group of humans whose lives have been ruined in one way or another by supes.

Source

xrnzaaas

I'm betting it's going to have at least one more spinoff by then. They're going to milk this just like HBO is milking GoT.

At least there's a chance they'll have the balls to kill off more people from the main cast.

Last edited:

YCoCg

Gold Member
Sounds like they've known about this for a while too which is good as hopefully it means season 4 will be paced well with season 5 wrapping things up in a good way.

Blade2.0

Sounds like they've known about this for a while too which is good as hopefully it means season 4 will be paced well with season 5 wrapping things up in a good way.
Yes and please don't turn it into supernatural. I loved supernatural but nothing was as good as the 1st 5 seasons.

Denton

Love the show, glad it will be ending. They already fucked up not killing Meave and generally pulling punches on season endings.

jason10mm

Gold Member
How much more sealife can The Deep fuck?

I just hope we get some sexy girl time, this show is waaaaay too wang obsessed. Give me a supe that has prehensile boobs!

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.
Do I need to watch that Gen V spinoff series first? I love The Boys but I can't stand YA shows so I automatically skipped it.

Trilobit

Gold Member
If Homelander doesn't finally go crazy and show his true face to the world I'll feel like I've wasted my time with this show. I want to see the shock on everyone's faces as he goes bananas and has to be stopped.

StueyDuck

I can't stand the show and have a disdain for most of it.

However, I thought it was like at it's peak currently considering so many people still watch it. Isn't it based on a shit ton of comics. Surely there's plenty of material

ZehDon

Same. Season 2 just felt off and i didn’t even finish it. Have no desire to see the rest.
For me, Season 1 started strong, but ended kinda weak - and it was reverse for Season 2: it started weak, but ended strong. Season 3, though, was a pretty great from start to finish. Keen for Season 4.

clarky

Gold Member
If Homelander doesn't finally go crazy and show his true face to the world I'll feel like I've wasted my time with this show. I want to see the shock on everyone's faces as he goes bananas and has to be stopped.
Hasn't that been the case since season 1?

xrnzaaas

I was kinda hoping it will begin with killing that civilian last season, but
they're already dialing it down in the new season and having Vought help him win in civilized trial.
My guess is that shit won't hit the fan until the last 2-3 episodes and even then they won't have the balls to kill all the major characters. Show already has one spinoff, might get another one before it's over. Having og characters as guest stars would definitely boost their numbers.

Last edited:

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
I just finished season 3, and this shit is getting too close to real life with the whole MAGA shit. That last moment in the season was too real lmao 😂

Bout to start season 4. This show is so good.

Top Bottom