• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

“Candyman” - Slasher reboot, co-written by Jordan Peele

DonJorginho

Banned
First trailer

cover me with bees and report me in a mirror five times if old

Love the lead actor but who asked for this film? Am hoping it isn't some aimless cashgrab but I am kinda getting that vibe, maybe just me.
Kanye-West-6-759x500.jpg

Gargus

Banned
Fuck Jordan Peele.

He said he won't cast whites in starring roles.

Now if a white director said he wouldn't cast blacks he would be strung up by his heels and lynched and canceled. He has said it many times as well and pretty much says he is racist without actually saying he is racist.

Besides that's all his movies are is an older movie with a shit load of racism forced in and he gets praised. Get out was the stepford wives down to the main character being a photographer. Us is just invasion of the body snatchers.

So no, fuck candyman. I won't support that dick.

oagboghi2

Fuck Jordan Peele.

He said he won't cast whites in starring roles.

Now if a white director said he wouldn't cast blacks he would be strung up by his heels and lynched and canceled. He has said it many times as well and pretty much says he is racist without actually saying he is racist.

Besides that's all his movies are is an older movie with a shit load of racism forced in and he gets praised. Get out was the stepford wives down to the main character being a photographer. Us is just invasion of the body snatchers.

So no, fuck candyman. I won't support that dick.
Oh my god people are still whining about this?

if it’s his movie, he can cast whoever he wants as the main character

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
This would actually be a timely reboot if done properly. Get Out was a solid film until the final third - where all the eeirie tension deflates rapidly. US was just sort of enjoyable but incoherent.

Ragnarok

This would actually be a timely reboot if done properly. Get Out was a solid film until the final third - where all the eeirie tension deflates rapidly. US was just sort of enjoyable but incoherent.
I thought I was the only one in the world that thought the 3rd act of Get Out was weak. Really enjoyed the buildup but the conclusion felt rushed and anticlimactic.

Us was just cheesy and bad the whole way through.

But I'm wondering if everyone complaining that the new Candy Man will be too woke even saw the original 😂. If you don't want social commentary don't watch Candy Man in general. It's pretty heavy handed. I personally thought the original was pretty cheesy. Definitely not a masterpiece or anything.

Airola

Yeah, if it's official the new trailer is very good!

I've always liked teasers more than full trailers. Teasers usually show the essence of the movie without showing too much of anything.
While the new trailer doesn't show anything from the movie and while it is basically just the backstory, it shows the idea and basically its new twist in a very effective way.

Of course it could be that it's not an official trailer but something some fan made, but nevertheless it's really good!

Last edited:

Airola

Get Out was good but man did US suck dick and not the girthy black kind.

Yeah, saw both movies at a movie theater and Us was one of the worst disappointments I've had what comes to movies. I don't think Get Out was a masterpiece but it was a good twilightzonish thing.

The initial trailers for Us looked promising even though I usually dislike most trailers. Us had great 10-15 minutes but it started to fall apart quickly after that. The woman talking with that "voiceless" voice was immediately quite cringy and didn't get better at any point. The trailer had some actual creepiness in it and I liked the poster as I have always found eyes that are really open like that very creepy (probably came from seeing Michael Jackson's Thriller when I was 4) but too bad none of that worked in the movie.

jason10mm

Gold Member
I hope this film is gonna go REALLY meta and have the white characters, terrified of black masculinity, summon Freddy Krueger, the epitome of cucked white fragility (and a pedo to boot!), to do battle against pimp stylin' Candyman in the titanic finale!

Jason Voorhees, representing white neck beard incels lashing out at hypersexualized femininity, can join in! Michael Meyers, as stoic implacable White Privilege, will of course sit it out.

Top Bottom