• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

“KONAMI has not given up on Console Gaming”, says European president Masami Saso

Tbh, their profits will never be as big as if they use MGS franchise, they need to drop something mgs related, and need to do it soon

MGS tts remastered switch, demon edition for mgsv, mg1-2 remake, mgs6, but do it soon lol

I'm probably in the (vast) minority on this, but I think Konami is a smart company. They saw how the gaming industry was cannibalizing developers and publishers. They knew it was unsustainable *cough Kojima* and they realized it was probably wiser to be more risk averse in this space.

I miss their glory days too, but it could be worse. They could not be a company at all. And I think that they've been keeping one eye glancing towards gaming. They certainly haven't abandoned it altogether, and they've shown interest in some of their history with their anniversary collections. I think they just want to do things in a careful and calculated manner. I still :messenger_heart: you Konami.

I'm probably in the (vast) minority on this, but I think Konami is a smart company. They saw how the gaming industry was cannibalizing developers and publishers. They knew it was unsustainable *cough Kojima* and they realized it was probably wiser to be more risk averse in this space.

I miss their glory days too, but it could be worse. They could not be a company at all. And I think that they've been keeping one eye glancing towards gaming. They certainly haven't abandoned it altogether, and they've shown interest in some of their history with their anniversary collections. I think they just want to do things in a careful and calculated manner. I still :messenger_heart: you Konami.
A big part of this strategy would also be the increasing regulation regarding pachinko in Japan. It's no longer as guaranteed to be as much of a long term profit maker as it used to be, so they need to keep some of their fingers in video games. It's partially why SNK has come back recently as well.

KOMANI

KOMANI
A big part of this strategy would also be the increasing regulation regarding pachinko in Japan. It's no longer as guaranteed to be as much of a long term profit maker as it used to be, so they need to keep some of their fingers in video games. It's partially why SNK has come back recently as well.
Bingo. New laws were made and resorts were build which created a 12% loss in pachislots/pachinko numbers. The whole pachinko meme is redundant. They’re not even a heavy microtransaction company. When Belgium passed laws, they abided unlike EA.

People just want to hate Konami because of Kojima. The whole, “they’re terrible to their employees” is over exaggerated. Ryan Payton was interviewed recently and said it wasn’t bad as people say. Most of the things they did are common practices in western businesses.

What was terrible of them to do is trying to get the old kojipro to quit in the most George Constanza way possible.

But since then, they’ve had a change of heart. Konami is a family owned business, and what theyre doing is surviving and now thriving. They’re not easy choices being made, and some times, not the smartest...

but they’re looking after their business. I can’t fault them for that.

appaws

Banned
Looking forward to that Castlevania Anniversary 2! Gimme those glorious DS games on my Switch and I’ll be a happy man

All 6 of the GBA and DS games, remastered, with the stylus shit taken out of the DS ones.

Maybe they have some magic to make Circle of the Moon actually good.

johntown

Banned
Konami has been dead to gaming ever since they cancelled Silent Hills and parted way with Kojima. Talk is cheap Konami.....show us your back by actually doing something.

A bare bones Silent Hill digital release would be a start.

BRZBlue

Konami probably sees an opportunity to get its major franchises on the next gen consoles and make billions and re establish it's self. How badly i want a fox engine silent hill.

How many people are still at Konami who even know the engine and tools properly? The PES team hasn't really done much in-depth with it, so I'm guessing how much documentation and know-how were left when Kojima basically took the majority of the designers/developers with him.

Top Bottom