• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

10 Films To See In July (what are you watching?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blader

Captain America
Cowboys & Aliens
Crazy, Stupid, Love
Horrible Bosses
Project Nim
Tabloid

Maybe Transformers.

Decado

Don't know if I'll see any in theatres, but I'm interested in:

Attack the Block
The Devil's Double
Point Blank
Horrible Bosses

I know, more or less, what to expect from a few others I'll eventually watch:

Cowboys and Aliens
Captain America
Harry Potter

HiResDes

I can't talk shit about this month, but there's also nothing that really jumps out to me at this moment...I'll probably check out Attack the Block and possibly Horrible Bosses.

An-Det

This is the first I've heard of Attack the Block, but is sounds neat. Also going for Another Earth, Captain America, and Cowboys and Aliens. I still need to read HP7, so not seeing that yet.

Good month. Some of the others sound interesting as well.

Superimposer

This is getting weirder all the time
Cowboys and Aliens basically sounds almost like a hypothetical 'pick any concept, actors, director, executive producer' situation... in other words, too good to be true. So I'm definitely going to have to see that...

Expendable. said:
So sad not a single person has mentioned Attack the Block :( It's easily the best summer "blockbuster" of the year.
I'm curious Expendable, are you American, British, or from another country?

Mike Works said:
I'm curious Expendable, are you American, British, or from another country?

I'm American. Born and raised and went to college in Upstate NY and now reside in NYC. If anyone goes to any big film events/screenings here, you'll probably see me.

JdFoX187

Banned
Not much this month. Will definitely see Winnie the Pooh. I was actually heartbroken the other day when I was at the theater and some 6 or 7 year-old kid asked his mom what Winnie the Pooh was.

Will probably catch Capt. America while on vacation, especially if the reviews are good. Hope to see Cowboys and Aliens at Comic-Con. It's the last decent summer film I expect from this year.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Horrible Bosses

Why You Should See It: While Bridesmaids had more heart, Horrible Bosses has more laughs per minute than any comedy this year. Kevin Spacey, Colin Farrell, Jennifer Aniston, and Jamie Foxx all have some of the best comedic roles of their careers. And if that doesn't get you in the theater, it is by the director of Four Christmases.
Fixed for better accuracy.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Expendable. said:
Was that worth seeing it all? I never did see it, but considering how fantastic Horrible Bosses is, it makes me want to.
I saw a couple chunks on HBO and it was a pretty standard and lame Hollywood comedy.

Frankly, Horrible Bosses doesn't look very good to me (looks episodic, lead characters seem pretty stupid) and I was using Four Christmases to point out why his documentaries shouldn't be a sign of quality narrative films.

Dan said:
Frankly, Horrible Bosses doesn't look very good to me (looks episodic, lead characters seem pretty stupid) and I was using Four Christmases to point out why his documentaries shouldn't be a sign of quality narrative films.

I picked up on that. Yeah, the latest red band trailer is great, but the first few weren't so much. It's episodic and there is no depth for the lead characters, but in terms of making one laugh it completely delivers.

FreeChicken

Neo Member
Pleased to see Attack the Block top of your list this month Expendable as it is such a good film. It's a pity so many will overlook it to go see Transformers or something of that ilk.

Xrenity said:
Haha, on my iphone and ipad, about half of them are color inverted :p

Ah, now that you say it some of the colors are a bit odd. I'll look into that. Any Photoshop experts in here? All I do is take the stills, crop them and then save as .jpg.

xbhaskarx

I don't know which ones I'll actually see in the theaters, but I'm interested in far more of the matinee movies. I guess that means it's shitty Hollywood summer blockbuster season again...

The Guard (John Michael McDonagh; July 29th)
Horrible Bosses (Seth Gordon; July 8th)
Attack The Block (Joe Cornish; July 29th)

Another Earth (Mike Cahill; July 22nd)
Point Blank (Fred Cavayé; July 29th)
The Devil's Double (Lee Tamahori; July 29th)
The Perfect Host (Nick Tomnay; July 1st)
Project Nim (James Marsh; July 8th)
Tabloid (Errol Morris; July 15th)
Sarah's Key (Gilles Paquet-Brenner; July 22nd)
The Future (Miranda July; July 29th)
Terri (Azazel Jacobs; July 1st)

Also the Captain America ad before every trailers is so fucking annoying.

Super hyped for Cowboys and Aliens. My friends think it looks stupid, but it just looks like a lot of fun.

Will also see:
Captain America
Horrible Bosses
Harry Potter

Drewsky

I'll probably be seeing quite a few of these. I really wanna see Cowboys and Aliens for some reason.

Also really excited about The Guard, hadn't even heard about it. Brendan Gleeson is my dude.

Superimposer said:
Cowboys and Aliens basically sounds almost like a hypothetical 'pick any concept, actors, director, executive producer' situation... in other words, too good to be true. So I'm definitely going to have to see that...

I honestly wonder if it will be a big disappointment though and only connect with us geeks. Love this fake poster for it:

cowboys-and-aliens-small.jpg

big ander

People, please see Attack the Block. It's hilarious, action-packed and unique. It's everything a summer blockbuster should be.

Also, it should be mentioned again that Tree of Life goes wide on the 8th, so it'll be everywhere in the US then too. I'm seeing that.

So beyond those two, I'll see Harry Potter and Captain America for sure. I'll also really want to see Horrible Bosses, Crazy, Stupid, Love., and Another Earth. Don't know for sure.

Robot 492

Banned
Will see:

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2
Winnie the Pooh
Cowboys & Aliens
Captain America: The First Avenger
Crazy, Stupid, Love.
Horrible Bosses
Attack the Block
The Tree of Life (again)

.la1n

Attack the Block is a fantastic movie, really loved it from start to end. I cannot recommend everyone see it enough.

As for what I plan to see:

Harry Potter

Yeah I know kind of uneventful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom