• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

1up.com: Tough Customer

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
SonicMegaDrive said:
I bet none of you have ever had to break up a fist fight between two angry mothers who both wanted the last copy of a GBA game during the Holiday season.
Were they hot? :D

On the subject of the backroom, I've only asked once about a game being in the backroom and that was for Four Swords Adventures because all of the copies on the floor had badly damaged boxes. The employee looked at the boxes and understood that I wanted a copy that wasn't smashed and gladly went to the back and got me one.

Laurent

ChrisReid said:
This "official release" thing is funny. The vast majority of games don't have street dates. You have your very rare Halo 2/November 9s and such, but 99% of games arrive when they arrive. There's a shipping date, and that's it. You didn't get anything sneaky, you got what the store had to sell. If they were all sold out except for reserved copies, and it was getting late and a bunch hadn't been picked up, maybe they slipped one out for you, but you certainly didn't get one "early."
By saying I got it early, that's after asking to buy it from 2 other EB Games, 1 other videogaming-related store and 3 retail stores...

Top Bottom