• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyberpunk 2077: Ultimate Edition Announced for Xbox Series S|X, PS5 and PC

Draugoth

Gold Member

Cyberpunk 2077: Ultimate Edition Announced for Xbox Series S|X, PS5 and PC by CDPR.​

cyberpunk-2077-ultimate-edition-1.jpg

6fdf182c4be4a018da07e1703f3a21aefb6d5833525d8ec1.webp

In just two weeks, CD PROJEKT RED will release Cyberpunk 2077: Ultimate Edition for Xbox Series X|S, PlayStation 5, and PC. The game brings the full story of a merc named V, combining Cyberpunk 2077 and its spy-thriller expansion Phantom Liberty, as well as Update 2.0, and will be available digitally and physically in select markets starting December 5th.
Snapshot
:

• Cyberpunk 2077: Ultimate Edition combines every story of the dark future in one ultimate package, featuring the talents of Keanu Reeves as Johnny Silverhand and Idris Elba as Solomon Reed.
  • The game will be available to purchase digitally and as a physical box — marking the first physical edition of Cyberpunk 2077 for next-gen consoles.
  • Cyberpunk 2077: Ultimate Edition releases December 5th for Xbox Series X|S, PlayStation 5, and PC.
Full article:

Cyberpunk 2077: Ultimate Edition is an open-world RPG containing two powerful adventures: the base game of Cyberpunk 2077, taking place in the dark future of Night City, and Phantom Liberty, a spy-thriller story set in the walled-off district of Dogtown. Players take on the role of V, a cyber-enhanced mercenary, and embark on a fight for survival filled with story-defining decisions, action-packed gameplay, and unforgettable characters, including rockerboy Johnny Silverhand (played by Keanu Reeves) and FIA sleeper agent Solomon Reed (played by Idris Elba).

This new release is the perfect way to experience every story of the dark future; it also contains the free Update 2.0, which overhauled many of the game’s systems, introducing dynamic skill trees, high-octane vehicle combat, and enhanced enemy and police AI — as well as adding new weapons, vehicles, and clothes. The release is bolstered with a set of previously released digital goodies available as part of the “My Rewards” program, available to all who register.

Cyberpunk 2077: Ultimate Edition will be available for purchase digitally on December 5th. The physical version’s release is planned to start on December 5th in select markets through local distributors.

More information about Cyberpunk 2077, its spy-thriller expansion Phantom Liberty, Update 2.0, and the upcoming Ultimate Edition can be found on the official game website, Facebook, and X.

Last edited:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?

Well that's unusual, usually it's the Xbox SKU that has the code and PS has the content on disc.

A surprise, but a welcome one.

^ Not at the time I was looking to buy it. $20 was the best I could find, with another $20 for the expansion.

The physical version was selling for as low as $9.99 before but just like Witcher, they increased the price after the then 'next gen patch' came out.

Last edited:

stn

Might get this depending on the price as I haven't purchased the DLC yet anyway (and I want to).

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
Don't much care about a new physical edition, especially since this is a game I am going to play on PC 99% of the time.

But for the hold outs or whatever, this game is really fucking good now, and the expansion is great too.

StereoVsn

Somehow Witcher managed to include the DLCs on disk but Cyberpunk has technical “reasons”. Get the f out of here, CDPR.

xrnzaaas

Well if the XSX version has everything on the discs I may as well pick that one. Not gonna support that PS5 fuckery, especially when their explanation makes zero sense based on previous releases (including complete version of The Witcher 3).

Last edited:

diffusionx

Gold Member
Regardless of what is and isn't on the disc, it's a full package of one of the best games of this gen. Should be considered a must-play.

Mozzarella

"Technical requirements" aka we did not want to pay Sony the certification fee :messenger_smirking:
Can you explain that? i dont know what this is.

I have a Disc for Witcher 3 GOTY edition it contains everything 16 DLCs + 2 Expansions.
What is the problem here? why can't they put it all on Disc Cyberpunk 2.0 & Phantom Liberty. Seems like a missed opportunity to give a digital code for the expansion?

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Can you explain that? i dont know what this is.

I have a Disc for Witcher 3 GOTY edition it contains everything 16 DLCs + 2 Expansions.
What is the problem here? why can't they put it all on Disc Cyberpunk 2.0 & Phantom Liberty. Seems like a missed opportunity to give a digital code for the expansion?

I think it's just a simple case of them not wanting to make a new SKU / new set of trophies / pay new cert fee for the new SKU to Sony.

I have no idea if the process is different / more lenient for Xbox cert, but this is what most people think might be the reason.

I think it's just a simple case of them not wanting to make a new SKU / new set of trophies / pay new cert fee for the new SKU to Sony.

I have no idea if the process is different / more lenient for Xbox cert, but this is what most people think might be the reason.
You know that bit about requiring a new set of trophies is kinda of bull since the recently released Horizon Forbidden West Complete Edition doesn't come with a separate trophy list. The other stuff may very well be true though and needs to be streamlined.

Last edited:

Kyo

The DLC being a digital code on PS5 completely kills the appeal of this new version.
Yep, I find this unacceptable.

So why should anyone pick this over the old PS4 disc now if it's not complete?

Yep, I find this unacceptable.

So why should anyone pick this over the old PS4 disc now if it's not complete?
Almost no reason to get it, tbh. Maybe pick it you dig the new key art on the cover, otherwise 🤷.

I suppose the only redeeming factor will be that the disc will contain the updated base game, rather than the awful PS4 version that was initially released in 2020.

Top Bottom