• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

20 years later : still the best trolling video on the internet

Giallo Corsa

Gold Member

Madafakas be trolling
NikKas be dancing and laughing

Jokes aside, 20 years later this remains a very feel-good video and just goes to show how times have changed - imagine anyone trying to pull this stunt in this day and age, they'd probably be shot down for security reasons (God bless the US of A).

Also : AAF may have been a "joke" band but i'd take them any day over other shite, God bless the 00's...

Last edited:

AJUMP23

Gold Member
Disappointed Kevin Sorbo GIF

12Goblins

Lil’ Gobbie
Dam, I used to love AAF... But am I watching some white dudes crashing a black award show to play a rock song about everybody getting along?

Yikes my friend

Giallo Corsa

Gold Member
Dam, I used to love AAF... But am I watching some white dudes crashing a black award show to play a rock song about everybody getting along?

Yikes my friend

That's racist, am I right ? 😁
C'mon man, why do some people always have to find the worst in things ?
What does it matter that they're "white" and that they're playing "rock" at a "black" awards ceremony ?
If anything, it's this specific insinuation that could be considered "racist"...

Also, this happened back in 2002-2003, back when people didn't find everything in life to be offensive/racist/sexist/fascist/homophobic/transphobic and what have you.

It was made for fun and - obviously - publicity , it'd be like a "black" rapper crashing a death metal/black metal awards ceremony, shit would still be funny.

The whole stunt could still be considered "trolling" but in a good hearted way, there's absolutely nothing malicious behind it, nothing "yikes" about it unless you're trying to be offended and/or trying to apply modern, 2023 "sensibilities" to the whole thing.
Cheers

PS: not trying to have a dig at you brother, I'm generally speaking about what is or could be considered "yikes" or even "offensive "

Last edited:

Madafakas be trolling
NikKas be dancing and laughing

Jokes aside, 20 years later this remains a very feel-good video and just goes to show how times have changed - imagine anyone trying to pull this stunt in this day and age, they'd probably be shot down for security reasons (God bless the US of A).

Also : AAF may have been a "joke" band but i'd take them any day over other shite, God bless the 00's...

AAF thread? Yay!

My favorite song of theirs is not the one they're most well-known for, the cover of "Smooth Criminal" by Michael Jackson. Rather, it's "Wish" (which appeared in Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3).

On that note, if you want to see one of the strangest venues and crowds for a live performance, look no further:

12Goblins

Lil’ Gobbie
That's racist, am I right ? 😁
C'mon man, why do some people always have to find the worst in things ?
What does it matter that they're "white" and that they're playing "rock" at a "black" awards ceremony ?
If anything, it's this specific insinuation that could be considered "racist"...

Also, this happened back in 2002-2003, back when people didn't find everything in life to be offensive/racist/sexist/fascist/homophobic/transphobic and what have you.

It was made for fun and - obviously - publicity , it'd be like a "black" rapper crashing a death metal/black metal awards ceremony, shit would still be funny.

The whole stunt could still be considered "trolling" but in a good hearted way, there's absolutely nothing malicious behind it, nothing "yikes" about it unless you're trying to be offended and/or trying to apply modern, 2023 "sensibilities" to the whole thing.
Cheers

PS: not trying to have a dig at you brother, I'm generally speaking about what is or could be considered "yikes" or even "offensive "
It's just tone deaf

edit : obviously not at the time

Last edited:
Top Bottom