• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 US Tornado Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seanspeed

Banned
Oh wow, this guy on the stream is embarrassing.

EDIT: "Obwiviated"

"Form" (supposed to be farm)

"Aks" (ask)

Ah, and there was apparently a daycare that is completely gone now. Just not even there.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
This was a neighborhood an hour ago.

954633_10201291007942375_1156101632_n.jpg

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
"Biggest destructive tornado in the history of the world"

This sounds a bit like hyperbole, at least this early. I mean, it could be, but let the NWS do a survey first.

UberTag

"This is the worst tornado in terms of damage in the history of the world." - It's bad but I'm amazed when people can say things like that with a straight face.

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
"Biggest destructive tornado in the history of the world"

This sounds a bit like hyperbole, at least this early. I mean, it could be, but let the NWS do a survey first.

"This is the worst tornado in terms of damage in the history of the world." - It's bad but I'm amazed when people can say things like that with a straight face.

Yeah, Mike Morgan and David Payne are the worst when it comes to hyperbole. Gary England from channel 9 is most level-headed meteorologist we have.

Seanspeed

Banned
2.25 miles wide?! Is such a thing possible?
The debris cloud was that large. It was just the news lady not understanding what the weather people were saying, misreporting it.

More realistically, it looks maybe 1/2 to 3/4 mile wide on the ground.

2.25 miles wide would be unprecedented.

pxleyes

Banned
Already talk of the possibility of kids being injured in those 2 schools injured. Described as 'chaos'. Omg...Lance breaking down on the air.

I hope this isn't inappropriate at this point, but watching CNN as a European, I can't help but ask: How do different types of construction react to these kinds of storms? American houses look so flimsy. Would brick and concrete houses be affected just as badly?

The images look horrific.
You'll find that most structures have trouble holding up to wind/debris crashing into them at 225 mph (360 km/h).

Been a crazy week here lately. The storm that hit yesterday was just as bad and the big tornado started right in my area, but moved east. People lucked out cause it mostly hit rural areas and not a town like this one today.

cajunator

Banned
severe damage right by the Moore Medical Center at that 7 eleven. Damn I think this actually does look worse than May 1999.

squicken

I spent summers in OK as a kid. Those weather guys would go on and on every damn time a storm was coming. They would hype crap up to get ratings, to the point that people just ignored them. We wouldn't go into the cellar unless the town's sirens went off. I wonder if a place as big as Moore even has those

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom