• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2016 MTV Video Music Awards |OT| Controversy made this show famous

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you listen to like exclusively metal/rock or something? That would make sense, but if you listen to everything these songs/artists are literally inescapable. They play everywhere. Especially bars and shit.
In defense of that guy, I'm a regular on Pop-GAF and even I can't recognize more than half of the current Billboard Top 10.

Drake, Sia, Rihanna, sure. The rest of them might as well be K-Pop imports for all I know.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
Kanye was rushing the stage. I swear to god, he wanted to go up there and Kim had to stop him.

I'm sure in his mind he should rush the stage when bey actually won.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
I'm not able to watch this right now. Does it seem like there's any chance for a surprise performance or appearance to happen?

tbm24

That performance was a waste of Halsey. She should have just gone solo. Her Spotify Sessions are fantastic.

In defense of that guy, I'm a regular on Pop-GAF and even I can't recognize more than half of the current Billboard Top 10.

Drake, Sia, Rihanna, sure. The rest of them might as well be K-Pop imports for all I know.

If it makes everyone feel better I checked the Billboard Top 10 and I know the majority of the people there and have heard nearly all of those songs. Never heard that Chainsmokers one on top before though.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
I'm 19 and I don't know who half these people are.

First time I have legit felt old during an award show

I asked one of the Chain Smokers to help me push some boxes because I thought he was working back stage. I felt really old.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
i hope she does umbrella, but we had a bit of the instrumental in the first medley so I doubt
I asked one of the Chain Smokers to help me push some boxes because I thought he was working back stage. I felt really old.

how have you managed to find the time to gaf

whats the tea though
whos a cunt and whos nice

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
Rihannaton is closing VMAs. With Rihanna's acceptance speech for MJ Vanguard Award.

Show ends in about 10 minutes and Rhianna is about to give one more performance so probably not

Nope.

The show ends in less than ten minutes, so all there's time for is Rihanna's (mercifully) final performance.

Gotcha, thanks. In that case, sounds like the show went as I expected. With Glory out and the VMAs basically over, Gaga's single becomes the next event on my pop calendar.

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
If it makes everyone feel better I checked the Billboard Top 10 and I know the majority of the people there and have heard nearly all of those songs. Never heard that Chainsmokers one on top before though.
They have been around for a couple years now with the top 20 hit '#Selfie'. They got big last December with their song 'Roses', had a song going all summer that peaked at number 3 (Don't Let Me Down) and then finally released a song that reached number 1 (Closer). You probably have heard their music before, but since they are an EDM group they are going to have a different singer for each song.

janoDX

Oh look, it's that song that Sia wrote, Rihanna made it famous and then Sia took it back and showed how it's singed.

royalan

D4R1Ksy.gif

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Whoa whoa whoa I need some context to this cause that's pretty damn funny

I'm working the VMAs this year. You could probably see me during the change overs and off stage ft.

i hope she does umbrella, but we had a bit of the instrumental in the first medley so I doubt

how have you managed to find the time to gaf

whats the tea though
whos a cunt and whos nice

Arianna is a sweet heart and tiny. Brittany is nice as well but has an small army of security. Kanye is a weird dude though I didn't get to interact with him much.

Also the view from behind the work out bikes during Arianna's performance was incredibly distracting.

I'm working the VMAs this year. You could probably see me during the change overs and off stage ft.

Arianna is a sweet heart and tiny. Brittany is nice as well but has an small army of security. Kanye is a weird dude though I didn't get to interact with him much.

Also the view from behind the work out bikes during Arianna's performance was incredibly distracting.

Whoa that's awesome.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Drake showed up for an Award show? Guess this Rihanna thing is serious lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom