• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2016 World Junior Hockey Championships |OT| Where Future Busts Become National Heroes

Status
Not open for further replies.

zroid

Banned
Who knew such good goaltending was possible in this tournament?

Canada led me to believe Zach Fucale was the pinnacle of U20 goalie talent!

calder

When that Russian goalie hits the ice it's a solid 5 Mississippis before he's square again. He can't be exhausted, but that's how he looks.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
Fuuuuuuck

These Russians are celebrating like they won the gold.

I hope the Finns win tomorrow

John Dunbar

correct about everything
the way these ungrateful young punks played, you would think their ancestors never fought the soviets in the war for independence.

calder

"Ok, for this post game ceremony we'll be asking for you to stand beside a couple of models and professionals in bespoke suits..."

"I'll bust out my sweet vest/acid washed jeans combo, that always kills."

"Sounds good!"

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Well, those semis both went the opposite way of my predictions! I really thought we'd see Sweden-USA in the final. They have been the best teams of the tournament up until now, but they just couldn't do it when it truly came down to it. Oh well, rooting for Finland now, and of course for Sweden being able to repeat the victory against USA to snag the bronze. I'd be somewhat OK with that. Not happy, given this Swedish team's great potential, but OK.

zroid

Banned
Well, those semis both went the opposite way of my predictions! I really thought we'd see Sweden-USA in the final. They have been the best teams of the tournament up until now, but they just couldn't do it when it truly came down to it. Oh well, rooting for Finland now, and of course for Sweden being able to repeat the victory against USA to snag the bronze. I'd be somewhat OK with that. Not happy, given this Swedish team's great potential, but OK.

I blame the Swiss

spolle

winning silver medals is in the blood for finnish hockey players, so they might as well skip the final.
you're thinking of the wrong country
8908ryA.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom