• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2017 PC Screenshot Thread

adysoft

Neo Member
Ansel can capture HDR but you'll have to convert it to SDR manually. I believe that Win10 1709 Game Bar capture was upgraded to support HDR with automatic SDR tone mapping? This however may be only enabled on Xbox One for now, I remember reading something about them disabling the feature in some pre-release build.

Yes, I tried Ansel in Shadow of war, and screenshots are saved as .exr files. This forces me to use photoshop to convert them back png with color correction. I was hoping for something quicker.

I tried the Windows 10 game bar thingy, but it does not save the image properly (very dark).

dr_rus

Yes, I tried Ansel in Shadow of war, and screenshots are saved as .exr files. This forces me to use photoshop to convert them back png with color correction. I was hoping for something quicker.

I tried the Windows 10 game bar thingy, but it does not save the image properly (very dark).

Well, manual is the only way then for now. I'm sure that all capture tools will add HDR w/tone mapping support soon.

NeoRaider

37893520352_bfe96be111_o.png

37893517682_069bae6c1f_o.png

TheRed

Holy Ubi!
There are some artifacts on your other shots? What may be causing this? bad AA? Or motion blur/DoF?

Those are from the in game photo mode so maybe they save too compresssed, I've gotta start taking my own uncompressed ones more often. Also there's some DoF applied in some of those.

Ubi really nailed it, the last time I was this in awe everywhere I looked was AC Unity but Unity had ugly LoD draw distance this one looks great at distance.

Top Bottom