• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2019 gaming challenge - 52 Games in 1 Year - You can do it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Well guys, unfortunately I didn't make the cut in 2020. I spent the last few days in the hospital and didn't get much gaming time in. Kind of a bummer for me since it's the first year in the last 4-5(?) years I've been doing the challenge. But like I said before, I tackled some hugely massive RPG games this year and I'm happy with where I landed. Planning on doing a bunch of "backlog tackling" next year in anticipation of next-gen arriving in full force in 2021.

Looking forward to Wozzer Wozzer 's new thread when it goes up!

Last edited:
Main Post

Wrapping up my 2019 list with a final update. Really tried to push for 70 but ended up falling asleep early on New Years Eve. Still happy with the variety and different games I kicked out of the backlog!

67. Half-Life: Opposing Force (PC) - 8/10

Interesting little side chapter during the first Half-Life game. I did find it a tad easy and the puzzles weren't too difficult but I did enjoy my time with it. Love seeing Gordon running into the Xen portal from a different perspective. Worth a play if you enjoy the original Half-Life. Probably around 4 hours.

68. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (NES) - 7/10

A young me would be so proud of myself for finally tackling this game. I started and stopped it a few times throughout the year. I finally allowed myself to use a map to get past the turtle van level. I was always able to beat the dam as a kid...but I never made it further than that. The game is actually pretty cool when you know what to do but it's still hard as crap. The last boss was a joke but getting to him was rage inducing.

69. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles III: The Manhattan Project (NES) - 8/10

Really great follow-up to the arcade game on NES. Has this released anywhere else outside of the NES? I played it so many times as a kid that it really felt nice to end the year on it. I planned on beating one more game to hit 70 but old age made me pass out instead. This is a great side-scroller that came out late in the NES life and I feel it holds up if you like those types of games.

On to 2020 we go!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom