• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2022 is here, What are your goals?

AJUMP23

Every year I write down with my wife our goals for the year. I haven't done it yet for this year but we will get it done in the next week. I did take time to talk to my kids and ask them their goals, and tell them to pick a big goal and a simple goal to achieve this year. They did a good job as the 11 year old wanted to maintain good grades and earn money to purchase some stuff. The 7 year old wants to improve reading and raise chickens. (We just bought a chicken coop).

If you haven't I would encourage you to think about what you want to do this year, where you want to travel, and write it down. I use 3 categories for our family. Spiritual, Personal, and Financial.

For me personally:
Spiritual - Teach more at church and spend more time in Bible Study. Expand my understanding of scripture.
Personal - Spend more time understanding leadership, and improving my ability to lead and help others. Travel to the British museum in London.
Financial - We want to build a pool and I want to save enough money to build a pool.

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
Learn a new language. Either Italian or Russian. Haven't decided yet. I already speak fluent Polish and French, so was thinking Russian as it's close to Polish (spoken anyway), but Italian is such a sexy language. I'll decide in a few days.

Continue my resolution from last year of reading one book (can be fiction or nonfiction) a week. The change this had on me was unreal. Not only did I expand my knowledge, but it hugely improved my focus, not to mention the other fantastic health benefits.

Improve my career. I had a promotion last year, but I want to improve further and go for another promotion this year.

German Hops

GAF's Nicest Lunch Thief
- Mount Bedroom TV and Bathroom Mirror
- Redecorate curtains and blinds for Kitchen | Living Room | Front Bedroom | Back Bedroom | Office
- Redecorate living room floor
- Buy new Office Chair (rolled over from 2021)
- Buy new Fridge/Freezer | Washing Machine for kitchen (this is more of a stretch goal as the current ones work but aren't particularly good)
- Buy new (used) car with Short Term Savings in Q3 or Q4
- Run and/or cycle at least twice a week
- Take a two week holiday in Q2 or Q3 and delete my work email app from my phone - this worked really well for the Christmas/New Year period to decompress (though I'm not logging in until tomorrow to see what kind of a disaster my inbox is)
- Take one hour a day off screen at lunch when working

-And most importantly, spend more time with my family members, like my sweet aunt right here:

12.jpg

Last edited:

Coolwhhip

Neophyte
Hopefully make our new app a big hit. It has a lot of potential, now it just needs some dedication and luck.

And what do you mean with bible study exactly?

badblue

200.gif

My list is pretty simple this year. The above, and getting my life back on track. After my spinal injury last year, shit went sideways and now the I'm starting to feel better I have no idea where to start or how.

DeaDPo0L84

I always have one ongoing goal and so far I've nailed it in recent years and that's to not step foot in a church for any reason, even for just a holiday, done wonders for my personal happiness and inner peace.

Also learn to cook more things.

Last edited:

Great Hair

Banned
I´m getting an axe, head to the woods and start a youtube channel about living in the woods, hunting bears and shit. While there, on my sabbatical in the woods, gonna try to reset my brain-eyes back to normal. I can not consume movies, yt at normal speed any more, perma at 1.5x speed.

Also i´m fearing of a distopia more akin to Akira. Is all about DATA, DATA equals money. Today is the day we all riot.

Vagswarm

A few major ones I've been thinking about for a while:

- Continue focusing on college and a career. Made it a priority last year and had a GPA of 3.8 in IT and made the Dean's List! And this is from someone who barely graduated high school and wasted their 20s & 30s. It's amazing what shi**y experiences can do for your motivation to not continue on the same path. It's never too late to change.

- Get back in shape. I lost some decent pounds over the past few months by reducing the calories, but I need to be more active again. Used to be a lot more fit.

- Get out & socialize more. This is going to require a balance with school and the pain in the ass pandemic. Used to be a social butterfly, but over the past few years I've stayed inside and purposely avoided people, lol. Had some bad experiences in the past that I still need to come to terms with. Have since gained a lot of knowledge about things for sure.

Last edited:
Shortly before COVID first hit, my girlfriend and I moved in together and my last two friends moved to different parts of the country. This year I'd like to meet new people that hopefully share the same gaming passion as I do. I will also settle for new Xbox Live friends that are of similar age (I'm 36).

Keep working on my car:

- Go from 18s to 19s in the same style wheel. 18s look nice but want a little bit more of an aggressive look.
- Front, rear and side lip
- Restore my headlights (yellowing is getting bad now) + adding an eyelid. Aftermarket headlights just too expensive.
- Remove the 2 mufflers and secondary cats. Replace the mufflers with resonators (maybe go with X-pipe in the middle, depends on cost)
- Subtle rear boot and roof spoiler
- Fit Honda S2000 exhaust tips
- Loads of small interior cosmetic mods (extra storage, seat covers, footwell lights
- Full interior valet

This is my car currently.

264788920_3013958102149996_8871958913570342556_n.jpg

267299546_3018066075072532_3799774811065736635_n.jpg

Also:

- Eat healthier and drink more water. Fuck Sugar this year. Going to slowly reduce it down to 0.

- Take up Azure fundamentals course and get that certification done.

Last edited:

MachRc

Take more vacation days

Stop being such a crazy fucking dad to my son and relax more.
Being his biggest critic,
Im always the first one to call him out on his shit(behavior and school stuff)
I should just relax more and let him be who he is, instead of blowing up on his ass.

Take my parents out more often.

Get a fishing license early like now, instead of buying day ones.

Sleepwalker

Shortly before COVID first hit, my girlfriend and I moved in together and my last two friends moved to different parts of the country. This year I'd like to meet new people that hopefully share the same gaming passion as I do. I will also settle for new Xbox Live friends that are of similar age (I'm 36).

What do you play on xbox? I'm 30 and don't have anyone to play on that platform. Also moved in with my wife to another country and covid vastly reduced opportunities for offline social interaction. Maybe we have something in common gaming wise ! lol

MachRc

I didn’t really have any goals other than to have a better year than the past several years, but I have quit smoking cigarettes already. Today at 3 p.m. ET will make my 9th day without a cigarette. I’m pretty proud of myself!
I smoked cigarettes since I was 14 to about 22.

I realized how much tobacco is in one cigarette compared to say some pinch joint I would make which would take me like two three puffs to get stoned.
That a joint is like the upperman class of smoking plus it was illegal back which made it "cooler".
Like real baller/ gangster shit. The regal pinnacle of "smoking".

It helped me quit smoking cigarettes for sure. That mentality.
Knowing, and fully understanding to myself and being aware that cigarettes were just habit forming and all it did was kill you.
It doesnt even get you high.
All it really does is addict you and make you it's bitch and kill you slowly everyday.

I kept at that mentality of Im more better, more cooler, than that cheap hook.
When the cool kids went out to the balcony or outside to smoke to break the daily cycle,
I stayed in, because I was cooler. I broke that social habit first in my mind.

Its not easy, but once you do get to day 70. You wont think about it as it will not be in your life to think about, then once you smell someone who just smoked a cigarette,
you will notice how stanky and nasty they are and how nasty they smell, and be glad you are not a slave to tobacco.

No matter what, get to like day 70 and best lucky to you. If you have an urge to smoke a cigarettes', roll a joint, smoke a bong load.
Believe me as much as I love weed, I dont need to smoke it, before getting in the car, after a movie, after dinner, before class, in between class,
after taking a shit, during shitting, after sex, transitioning from place to place, standing around with friends, in between breaks.
I just smoke weed to make old things feel somewhat new again.
Good lucky Karmic Raze! Make it to day 420!

Laieon

I'm starting my Master's this month, pretty excited to return to the classroom as a student for the first time in a decade.

I'm also making a concentrated effort to play video games or read for an hour or two each night. Sounds dumb, but I'm single and live alone and more often then not I'll come home, hop on the internet for hours mindlessly browsing the same couple websites, and then go to sleep. I want to try to break that habit while still relaxing. I beat Katamari Damacy reroll last weekend, making my way through Guardians of the Galaxy now.

Last year I decided my New Years Resolution was going to be to stop drinking for a month, doing that this year too.

Last edited:
I want to pay off a new house, I just have to find the right house. Being self sufficient may take longer but i’ll definitely buy another house and pay it off. Selling current house which has gone way up. This will be my 3rd house and I am just sick of mortgage payments. Not having that over my head will be huge.

I also want to lose some weight, being a dad gave me 20 extra pounds :/

Cyberpunkd

I'm also making a concentrated effort to play video games or read for an hour or two each night. Sounds dumb, but I'm single and live alone and more often then not I'll come home, hop on the internet for hours mindlessly browsing the same couple websites, and then go to sleep. I want to try to break that habit while still relaxing. I beat Katamari Damacy reroll last weekend, making my way through Guardians of the Galaxy now.
I recommend taking up a musical instrument.

For me I will take a shot at getting a six pack for summer. I was always healthy, I guess this is the gene / metabolism part, but let’s try to have chicks check you out.

Other than that I want to build a nice sound setup for vinyls.

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
Squat 800 solid ass pounds.

On a serious note… Just enjoy life honestly. I have basically everything I need. Good job I like and a hobbies that I love. If my life on 31.12.2022 is like my life is now (health and financially), that would be amazing.

Shubh_C63

Get my weight way up, too skinny at the moment. Continuing sticking to my schedule, proving great at the moment.
Up my gym game a bit and probably stick to no weed and smoking till I have earned it. No promises on alcohol.

Financially, well I earned this years goal last November by switching so just keep being workaholic I guess. luv it.

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
I'm nearly 50 ffs, mountain ranges change more often than cunts my age, my goal this year is to try and stop becoming like my da, maybe drink a little less, scream at the kids a little less infact the wee bastards could maybe stop winding me up so much but I defo need to lose the middle age spread oh and I need stop trying to understand the younger generation and just accept they're all cunts
Getting Old Baby Boomers GIF by MOODMAN

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
Weighed myself today for first time after the festivities and am about 8 pounds heavier than I was before. So that’s definitely my resolution now, to shift that asap.

Top Bottom