• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

343 is likely ending support for Master Chief Collection

Draugoth

Gold Member

lPh7bUX.jpeg

fatmarco

They managed to fix some key issues with the PC ports that were used for Halo 1 and 2. They didn't fix all the issues, but that they fixed them at all was great to see and means you don't have to feel as bad playing Halo 1 or 2 anymore.

They didn't however fix Halo 4, which to me is a bit of a travesty considering that game should look better than it does.

If that's the end, solid.

Last edited:

darrylgorn

They managed to fix some key issues with the PC ports that were used for Halo 1 and 2, which was great to see. They didn't fix all the issues, but that they fixed them at all was great to see and means you don't have to feel as bad playing Halo 1 or 2 anymore.

They didn't however fix Halo 4, which to me is a bit of a travesty considering that game should look better than it does.

Tbh, that made MCC look better to me, especially the PC version.

Not so bright and removing the disgusting bloom effect from that era of gaming.

Last edited:
They managed to fix some key issues with the PC ports that were used for Halo 1 and 2, which was great to see. They didn't fix all the issues, but that they fixed them at all was great to see and means you don't have to feel as bad playing Halo 1 or 2 anymore.

The only way they could fix Halo 4 is by going backward in time and preventing its creation.

Was always hoping they'd add Halo 5 campaign to it. Never got around to playing it.

You're better off this way.

Halo 2 remaster online coop is still broken af. Crashes constantly and is impossible to complete on legendary due to this. Try the bridge level, it’s ridiculous.

If this is true that’s sad there is still a lot I wanted out of this.

Not all games have 4 player coop cross play. Only 3 and odst I think. I would love to play all the campaigns on a mixture of pcs and Xbox’s.

It was a pipe dream but I would have loved them adding 4 player coop to 1 and 2.

Halo CE also needs to be remastered properly the artstyle of the current one is wrong.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius

Wait, so there is still stuff to fix?!? Halo 4 is quite recent too… the bolded does not make for such a great review as it should…

I binged my way through the entire collection over the past two weeks. Played every single game on Heroic.

I think I only encountered one crash, and a handful of instances where the game would minimize to desktop, but aside from that it was pretty much a flawless experience.

Ran really well at 1440P / 120FPS on a 1080Ti. For about 70 hours of gameplay that's really not too bad.

The only thing that I really didn't like were some of the artistic choices for Halo CE: Anniversary, they really changed the entire atmosphere of some levels (especially the flood).

Halo 2: Anniversary on the other hand is a fantastic upgrade when compared to the original, and kept the original artistic vision intact.

Shame we didn't get Halo 5 added to the MCC, and having played it recently it's a shame that they pretty much ignore the entirety of Halo 4 (not perfect, but a good starting point for a new trilogy).

As far as I've heard the only real outstanding issues have to do with Co-Op, so one final patch to address that would be nice.

Last edited:

Naked Lunch

Are there any games released from, say 13-22 years ago (original Halo thru Reach), that people still play as regularly as this Halo collection?
Every other multiplayer game released from 2001-2010 are long dead and gone - but not Halo.

When you really think about it - its pretty unprecedented.
The Halo games are timeless - that original set will never get old.

The only game I can think of is maybe Counter-Strike - but even that has many new iterations. People arent still rolling with 1.6.

Godot25

Banned
343: We could provide additional support to Halo MCC, but we need a new revenue stream to sustain it, so here is a suggestion for optional cosmetic microtransactions
Players: Absolutely no
343: *Shutting down support of MCC*
Players:
Surprised Meme GIF

Game was abysmal at release so kudos to 343 not only "fix" it, but also brought additional games (ODST and Reach) and brought many enhancements. But it's sad that they left MCC while Halo 2A struggles to run at flat 60 on Xbox. At least they should fixed that.

Kupfer

Too bad, I was hoping they would improve the performance of the deck. Halo 2 plays fine with the old renderer, but the new one stutters like crazy without even utilizing the deck's power. It's a strange problem.

I imagine it's essentially going into maintenance mode. That's fine. It's to an acceptable level now. Why are people acting like they are removing the servers? That's a ridiculous assumption.

cireza

Fucking finally. I won't have to download 30 GB of updates every two months. THANK YOU.

I can reinstall the game.

Last edited:

DrCheese

Seems weird to me that it's not something they just keep adding the modern games to - As someone said above, Halo 5 could be integrated into it & eventually infinite. It's basically a launcher for all the games anyway

Top Bottom