• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

80's OVERDRIVE 2020 Release Trailer

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

80's OVERDRIVE is a 2D pixelart racing game, designed to take you back in time to when 8 and 16 bit consoles and arcade games ruled the world. Compete against opponents in career mode to unlock new races, buy new cars and upgrade them with state-of-the-art technologies! Try your skill in time attack mode and see how far you can get in this race against the clock! Create your own tracks with built-in track generator and easily share them with your friends!

GHG

Reminds me of outrun. I have so much nostalgia for that game, it was pretty much all I played when I was a young kid.

This reminds me that i have the last Outrun 2006 in PS3, such a shame that SEGA has all their classics IP's sleeping.

Out Run 3D is the best reason to own a 3ds. I wish we had a port of the extra version from the japanese SegaSaturn SEGA Ages, with high res and 60 fps.

Last edited:

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
These types of racing games were fun, but I always liked it when they added nitros, speed boosts, and an occasional ramp. The 90’s improved upon racing games, especially in the arcades. Off road racing, boat racing, monster truck racing, and then ATV. Cruisin World was what I played the most of. That and DAYTONA.

I was never a huge Outrun fan just because I got to play other games instead. It wasn’t like it was bad or anything. I think the biggest influence for me was V.R. Racing and F-Zero.

D.Final

Banned

80's OVERDRIVE is a 2D pixelart racing game, designed to take you back in time to when 8 and 16 bit consoles and arcade games ruled the world. Compete against opponents in career mode to unlock new races, buy new cars and upgrade them with state-of-the-art technologies! Try your skill in time attack mode and see how far you can get in this race against the clock! Create your own tracks with built-in track generator and easily share them with your friends!

Let's go

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Uh, looks slow and awkward to me despite the cool art. Just play Out Run.

Last edited:
Top Bottom