• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

9/11 conspiracy theories, anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
BTW, having an open mind is only a virtue until your brains start falling out.

xsarien: Or a remedial physics course.

xsarien said:
And there were buildings flanking the Twin Towers that also suffered zero or minimal damage. Debris exploding outward from the towers can fly in nearly any direction, skipping close buildings, hitting others, and vice versa.

This thread needs a solid injection of facts that aren't from conspiracy nut sites.

The cloud formed before either of the towers began collapsing.

Thaedolus

Gold Member
I've watched the several videos I have of the second plane hitting FRAME-BY-FRAME and the 'spark' occurs AS THE PLANE HITS.

Anyone else think that MIMIC is sitting back and laughing at all our responses to his BS? I know he's done this before, but his rationality gets more and more suspect as the thread goes on and I would have written him off as a joke character if I didn't know better.

LakeEarth

Wow... I love all of this evidence in this thread... now I've been convinced that something went down somewhere in someway in some point in time!!!

I've watched that closeup video of the plane hitting the tower with the "two explosions" and I can understand where one could see the first explosion as before impact, but I see it differently. Just before the plain impacts the WTC, the tip goes into the shadow of the building. That's why there appears to be an explosion "before" the impact. The plane extends forward beyond what is being lit by the sun to the point of impact, where an explosion is pretty likely.

This conspiracy theory, however, pales in comparison to the horrific rumors spread in the Arab world that blame 9/11 on Israeli covert operatives. I was deeply hurt when my close friend explained this theory to me as if it had credibility. She's not stupid--she's been educated in a high-quality public school, her mother has a good job, and she did quite well in her AP classes in high school. That was the scary part. If she, an American-educated moderate Arab, put stock in this rumor, how widespread must it be in Arab and Muslim areas of the world? Ghostface, can you confirm the existence and proliferation of this rumor?

MIMIC

Banned
Journeywalker said:
This conspiracy theory, however, pales in comparison to the horrific rumors spread in the Arab world that blame 9/11 on Israeli covert operatives. I was deeply hurt when my close friend explained this theory to me as if it had credibility. She's not stupid--she's been educated in a high-quality public school, her mother has a good job, and she did quite well in her AP classes in high school. That was the scary part. If she, an American-educated moderate Arab, put stock in this rumor, how widespread must it be in Arab and Muslim areas of the world? Ghostface, can you confirm the existence and proliferation of this rumor?

Here:

Five Israelis were seen filming as jet liners ploughed into the Twin Towers on September 11, 2001 ... (Sunday Herald)

The White Van

Were Israelis Detained on Sept. 11 Spies?
June 21 — Millions saw the horrific images of the World Trade Center attacks, and those who saw them won't forget them. But a New Jersey homemaker saw something that morning that prompted an investigation into five young Israelis and their possible connection to Israeli intelligence.
(ABC News)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom