• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

9 (new?) Halo 2 screens!

u_neek

large2246_39177_02438471.jpg

large2246_39176_04567682.jpg

large2246_39175_06480677.jpg

large2246_39174_07836267.jpg

large2246_39173_09694635.jpg

large2246_39172_07179376.jpg

large2246_39171_03885309.jpg

large2246_39170_0282345.jpg

large2246_39169_05794336.jpg

Pretty meh' IMO

Espio

man, it should all be spartons vs elites. Having said that, I need to sort my Xbox Live account out, it keeps asking for the last 4 digits of my credit card but I dont think I have the card I used :(

B'z-chan

Banned
SCREW MULTIPLAYER ALREADY DAMNIT SHOW MORE OF THE SINGLE PLAYER. He have yet to see more of the SP lately. Its all about the damn MP all the time. It would be sad if the actual game was more like a rainbow six type of game but instead of levels just one big game with groups. but oh well. Damnit i want to play Halo 2 now.

Look great to me, though these are old screens, technically. They're the web-versions of the shots from GI and other mags, I think.

CAVEATS:All of the screens, renders, and concepts you see here are subject to change. Level names may also change. Placements of objects, windows, rockets, you name it, everything can and probably will change. So if we were you, we wouldn't use these screens or maps to come up with strategies. Oh, and these are all taken from an earlier graphics engine. So the graphics and lighting will change too.
from here

Can't wait to see the final engine shots, though I think it looks fine already. I want new gameplay info, damn it.

Insertia said:
is Bungie focusing on multi-player more then single-player?

I think it's about equal. It just seems so given how tight the lid is on the single-player portion. I expect amazing things to be revealed at X04.

axxxj

Animator in Waiting
My guess is that they'll keep showing multiplayer stuff till just before it's released and then BAM they'll hit us with a ton of single player shots that blow the multiplayer and any other game out the water.

Grubdog

Banned
God damnit. Can someone show me an actual gameplay screenshot? Every time I enter a Halo 2 thread with screenshots I never see any actual gameplay shots. These pictures do nothing for me. :(

The graphics sure look impressive though..

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
These are the direct feed shots from Scans in various mags before E3, so it was before Spartans Vs Elites was shown (hopefully you can choose whether you wanna play as spartans or elites)

Insertia said:
is Bungie focusing on multi-player more then single-player?

I think they just arent giving anything away from the single player. Doing a pretty good job too, they've shown all of one level so far and still have everyone frothing.

Edit: To the above post, Bungie dont do ingame screenshots (in HUD anyway, these are all ingame obviously), ever.

Sai

Already been posted, but I guess this was for the better since there'd be a lot of people who neglected to look at that older thread.

Grubdog said:
God damnit. Can someone show me an actual gameplay screenshot? Every time I enter a Halo 2 thread with screenshots I never see any actual gameplay shots. These pictures do nothing for me. :(
... Just so we're all clear, these are gameplay screenshots. I'm assuming you want First Person shots, am I correct? First person view shots are rare for HALO 2, but there have been two released so far:

swordduel.jpg

dualneedlers.jpg

[EDIT] - And we're not seeing much from the single player campaign for two reasons:

-Revealing an area that could spoil it the story for some of the hardcore fans.
-Shock value... Single player campaign should look quite a bit better than multiplayer. Save the best for last!

We should see more of single player campaign closer to the game's release.

[EDIT #2] - Bring back
  • , damn it!

Keio

For a Finer World
Why oh why! Considering the nice environments in Halo - the sweaty jungle, snowfields, beach, the trail you took to rescue the captain... And then in most shots of Halo 2 they only show generic, drab scifi caves & hallways.

Now that games like Far Cry & even some UT2K4 levels have shown what a difference good environments make, I'd love to have Bungie kindle up hope and show us some nice, surprising deathmatch venues.

Or maybe some single player shots...

Sai

Heheh... Just be patient. Enviroments like those are what made HALO famous, you think Bungie's just gonna omit beautiful enviroments like those? :p

Just wait, they're saving the good stuff for the pre-launch MARKETING MASSACRE!

Because of the idea of tying the multiplayer maps to the events and history of the single-player game, I don't think they want to give away too much by revealing surprises related to the environments. I think the way they're handling it, so far, is fantastic. Little bits here and there...but not so much that the magic is sapped by the time you play it. X04 can't come soon enough, as it's just before the release.

Mashing

I agree with the previous poster... where are the first person shots?

You don't see a certain other game shots in 3rd person (outside of cutscenes)

Nerevar

they call me "Man Gravy".
all the shots they take are done in a production build. So they pause the game, move the camera outside of Master Chief's head, and swivel it around until it looks pretty. These are still in-game, not cutscene.

Top Bottom