• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A Cyberpunk Documentary from the 90’s, yeah I fell down a YouTube hole.

GV82

This popped up in my Youtube Suggestions, I watched the whole thing and just had to share it here.

A full length documentary about Cyberpunk, no not the rpg game but the genre, the lifestyle! since it’s long out of print & no longer for sale I hope it’s okay to share?

Oh boy the 1990’s, anyone remember the 90’s? Then Jack in & watch.

- Be disappointed by a Computer Illiterate William Gibson

- Listen to them tell us “Console Jockeys” how we will Jack into the Matrix in Cyberspace.

- Listen as they talk about them talk about the upcoming advancement in technology like body modification & tech for the disabled well before our time.

And much more.

Marvel at them predicting a Cyberpunk future or cringe at everything else, the choice is yours.

haxan7

Volunteered as Tribute
This popped up in my Youtube Suggestions, I watched the whole thing and just had to share it here.

A full length documentary about Cyberpunk, no not the rpg game but the genre, the lifestyle! since it’s long out of print & no longer for sale I hope it’s okay to share?

Oh boy the 1990’s, anyone remember the 90’s? Then Jack in & watch.

- Be disappointed by a Computer Illiterate William Gibson

- Listen to them tell us “Console Jockeys” how we will Jack into the Matrix in Cyberspace.

- Listen as they talk about them talk about the upcoming advancement in technology like body modification & tech for the disabled well before our time.

And much more.

Marvel at them predicting a Cyberpunk future or cringe at everything else, the choice is yours.

Nothing to add other than I actually watched that whole thing a few months back. It’s definitely a nostalgia trip if you were a kid who liked computers during that era.

Tesseract

Banned
The point where they cut clips of Akira when referencing bionic hands :messenger_ok:
V31jqvj.gif

#Phonepunk#

Banned
noice! hell yeah this is a find!

growing up in the 80s/90s, i love Cyberpunk. as a matter of fact i recently re-read Neuromancer by William Gibson. it's amazing how much like The Matrix that book was. i think it even has "the matrix" in it.

cyerpunk will always be a cool retro futurism. obviously technology doesn't work like that in the real world, and instead of constantly recycling old tech, we just kind of throw it out and replace it with something smaller. but there's something romantic and imo "gothy" about cyberpunk. cool stuff.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
I feel like we’re slowly approaching these crazy cyber realities (Google Glass, solar power etc.) maybe not impacting immediately but yeah futuristic cyber things are surfacing.

cryptoadam

Banned
Alot of cyber punk has become real. And move to china and you really see those dystopian future tech in action.

Facial recognitong tech. Social credit scores. Digital wallets. Cell phones and tablets.

Top Bottom