• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A Hypothetical Disney Infinity 4.0

Malyse

Note: I'm well aware of the impossibility of all this happening at once. This is just a wishlist of sorts, so there's no need to tell me how impractical it is. I would like for them to split 4.0 into two focuses: one being the various game IP they have had over the years and the other being the Disney TV shows.

Disney Games

Kingdom Hearts Play Set

Playable Characters:
Sora
King Mickey

Play Set Locations

Destiny Islands
Castle Oblivion
Various Disney Based Worlds

Kingdom Hearts II Play Set

Playable Characters:
Riku
Roxas

Play Set Locations

The World That Never Was
Keyblade Graveyard
Various Disney Based Worlds

The various one off worlds would be smaller stages like Agrabah and Halloween Town and use previous characters like Aladdin and Jack.

Additional compatible figures:
Kairi
Young Xehanort
Lea
Terra
Ventus
Aqua
KH Mickey
KH Donald
KH Goofy

Enemies:
Heartless
Nobodies
Ansem, Seeker of Darkness (boss)
Xemnas
Master Xehanort

Power Discs:
Keyblade Armor costume disc (useable by Terra, Ventus, Aqua)
Form Change costume disc (useable by Sora, Riku, Kairi (KH1, KH2, KH3D, KH3 outfits as well as Drives for Sora, Black Coat for Roxas and Lea)
Keyblade Gliders
Gummi Ship

Epic Mickey Play Set

Playable Characters:
Mickey (epic version)
Oswald (epic version)

Playset Locations

Wasteland

Enemies:
Shadow Blot (boss)
Blotlings
Mad Doctor (boss)

Non Playset Characters

Spectrobes Pack:
Rallen
Jeena

Guilty Party Pack:
Dorian Dickens
Mr. Valentine

Enchanted Journey Pack:
Princess
Zara

---------

Disney Television

Gravity Falls Play Set

Playable Characters:
Mabel
Dipper

Additional Characters:
Wendy
Pacifica
Grunkle Stan
Soos
Enemies
Bill Cipher
Lil Gideon
Gnomes
All the incidental one off enemies, like the Pterodactyl and .GIFfany

Play Set Locations

Gravity Falls
Dreamscape
Globnar arena

Kim Possible Play Set

Playable Characters:
Kim
Ron

Additional characters:
Draken
Shego

Enemies:
Any recurring KP foes

Locations
Middleton
Any setting they want, really. Kim is a super spy after all.

Darkwing Duck Play Set

Playable Characters:
Darkwing
Gosalyn

Additional Characters:
Launchpad McQuack

Enemies:
Negaduck
F.O.W.L.

St. Canard

Non Playset Characters

Gargoyles Pack:
Goliath
Elisa

Goof Troop Pack:
Max
P.J.

Star vs. the Forces of Evil Pack:
Star
Marco

----

Ideally, they would also use KH as a way to refresh old playset pieces as the whole deal of Kingdom Hearts is crossing over into other worlds: thus canonically Sora and co should be capable of playing through any adventure that DI has done thus far and adding heartless/nobodies to the combat mix.

What would you like to see?

This game does not need more characters and worlds.

It needs an overhaul to be a better game. Better character handling and a more elegant menu system being top of the list.

Zalman

I was disappointed when 2.0 and 3.0 moved away from the core of Disney, so I would like to see some more of that. Especially classic stuff. The Lion King is probably my number one wish. Tarzan and Hercules would be sweet too. Also, all the Mickey Mouse universe characters too of course.

It needs an overhaul to be a better game. Better character handling and a more elegant menu system being top of the list.
Yeah, I wonder if Disney's next step for this franchise is a sort of reboot - get a new engine and framework in place, and move forward with something that feels more competent as an action platformer.

Toki767

More Marvel figures would be nice.

Also Gargoyles, Bonkers, Darkwing Duck, The Jungle Book, Chip & Dale, etc...

NMFried

Just give me a solid game that lets me use all of my characters in the 'story mode.' Basically Skylanders. They do it pretty well.

JoshHood

Just give me a solid game that lets me use all of my characters in the 'story mode.' Basically Skylanders. They do it pretty well.

Yep and yep. They actually already have a lot of characters and franchises I like, but the actual playing of the game is not great, and the restrictions on characters are just ridiculous. There's a good reason I play Lego Dimensions a lot more. I wish this series was so much better.

Malyse

latest

curb

Banned
The same Kingdom Hearts wishlist gets posted a few times a week on the DI subreddit. I really think any real KH representation is redundant - DI is already about bringing together Disney properties. Besides, Disney has so much larger properties to work with having Disney/Pixar, Marvel and Star Wars in the game. With new movies coming out for all three of those, it's not likely that they'll have the space to promote a product that will have it's own video game marketing cycle. Compared to DI's existing three pillars, KH is a niche.

Shenmue

Banned
The game would never be that Disney/KH focused. Replace the majority of those with Star Wars, Marvel, and whatever the new Pixar and Disney studios movie IP is, and you've probably got what 4.0 will be.

Disney don't care about their animated stuff (unless it's a movie that just released in the past few months) and KH is nothing compared to Star Wars and Marvel based on popularity.

I hate it too, but what can I do. Disney Infinity don't care about the Disney heritage man. I mean we are missing SO many characters from the classic Disney animated movies it's ridiculous.

I was disappointed when 2.0 and 3.0 moved away from the core of Disney, so I would like to see some more of that. Especially classic stuff. The Lion King is probably my number one wish. Tarzan and Hercules would be sweet too. Also, all the Mickey Mouse universe characters too of course.

Yup and Beauty and the Beast, Genie from Aladdin, Little Mermaid, Hunchback, Princess and the Frog (I would KILL for a figure of Tiana!), etc. etc. etc.

HOW DO WE NOT HAVE FIGURES FOR BEAST AND GENIE YET?!?!?!?!?!

curb

Banned
Maybe as a "3.5" deal. But nothing on the scale of a new full release.

I wish they'd do this. There's not enough room for a lot of improvement with yearly releases. Let their third party devs do another holiday season of play sets and let the core team at Avalanche put two years into the game's systems.

CitrusStorm

Unconfirmed Member
Guilty Party? Spectrobes??

Give me Lucasarts properties please, oh yes. Guybrush Threepwood, Elaine Marley and LeChuck, Manny Calavera and Glottis, Sam and Max... they'd all make fantastic figures.

Shenmue

Banned
Guilty Party? Spectrobes??

Give me Lucasarts properties please, oh yes. Guybrush Threepwood, Elaine Marley and LeChuck, Manny Calavera and Glottis, Sam and Max... they'd all make fantastic figures.

Disney: "Who are those characters? We own them or something? Any of them in Star Wars or maybe part of the Avengers?"

RK128

I like your idea but the biggest issue with Infinity is that its a marketing tool first, game second. Why do you think Marvel and Star Wars were included in 2.0/3.0, instead of expanding the roster with Disney/Pixar characters squarely? Because they want to make money out of the Marvel IP and Star Wars series to tie into recent films.

Not the worse idea but still, it limits the amount of potential IP and characters the developers can play around with.

I do expect Kingdom Hearts to appear in 4.0 though, but not as a playset. Sora, Riku and/or Kairi will be the only ones from the KH series to appear in Infinity. I could see them working in every single playset (mirroring how they work in the KH series) but don't expect anything more then that.

I would like to see KH Enemies to appear in Infinity though :). Your idea for KH Power Disks I could see happen too (though only the Gummi Ship, Costumes and Sora Skins).

I would love to see Epic Mickey appear in both Infinity 4.0 AND Kingdom Hearts 3 (the latter would be perfect; a great way to introduce Owsald into the series as the former King of Disney Castle but pulled into the Darkness from a lost battle, growing bitter and being the ruler of the 'Wasteland' (which is the worlds lost to the darkness) and King Mickey working with Riku to save his brother from the 'darkness'). But again, I don't see it happening :l.

It would be nice to have the Paint Brush be an item for Toy Box creation and Oswald (the original version) to appear alongside Mickey, Minnie, and Donald (hopefully Goofy too) in 3.0 :D.

I could easily see Gravity Falls, Kim Possible, Wonder of Yonder, Penn Zero and Star Vs. appearing in Infinity (honestly expect Gravity Falls and Star Vs. to appear in 3.0 down the line). But not as playsets; Toy Box characters.

MAtgS

The same Kingdom Hearts wishlist gets posted a few times a week on the DI subreddit. I really think any real KH representation is redundant - DI is already about bringing together Disney properties. Besides, Disney has so much larger properties to work with having Disney/Pixar, Marvel and Star Wars in the game. With new movies coming out for all three of those, it's not likely that they'll have the space to promote a product that will have it's own video game marketing cycle. Compared to DI's existing three pillars, KH is a niche.
Just wait and see, the KH playset will be a canonical spinoff written by Nomura that's vital to understanding KH3.

CitrusStorm

Unconfirmed Member
Disney: "Who are those characters? We own them or something? Any of them in Star Wars or maybe part of the Avengers?"

Sam and Max made a cameo in Halfworld, so you could make an argument for that sweet Marvel link.

...And there was a Guybrush Threepwood skin for Starkiller The Force Unleashed II. Loose connection though it is.

RK128

Putting Kingdom Hearts and Gravity Falls in Infinity is what would get me on board.

Then 4.0 will likely sell you on the game then; as the former is bound get at least Sora popping up in the game to tie into the release of KH3 or KH2.8 HD, while the latter should appear in 3.0 (a race-track from the Speedway Expansion has a Gravity Falls course, with GF assets appearing in 2.0 and 3.0).

Gravity Falls should appear in 3.0, with Dipper and Mable being Toy Box characters. I made my list of characters but I expect the following to be the remaining 3.0 characters:
-Disney-
-Beast & Belle (based on the Live-Action Versions)
-Moogly (based on Live-Action Version)
-Dipper and Mable (Gravity Falls)
-Star and Marco (Star Vs. The Forces of Evil)
-Alice and Mad Hatter (based on Live-Action Tim Burton versions)

-Pixar-
-Dory
-Marlin
-Nemo
-Mr. Incredible, Mrs. Incredible, Dash, Violet (Based on Incredible 2 Versions; reprints and/or new figures)
-Lotso Bear (Toy Story 3)
-Emperor Zurg (Toy Story 2)
-WALL-E and EVA

-Marvel-
-Black Panther
-Vision
-Captain America MCU Version (Re-Print with new moveset)
-Hulkbuster
-Ultron
-Ant-Man
-Scarlet Witch

curb

Banned
Just wait and see, the KH playset will be a canonical spinoff written by Nomura that's vital to understanding KH3.

No sure if serious.

I also think KH will be represented by one Sora figure at most along with maybe some in-game items like INterior pieces. Disney constantly has too many other properties to promote to use up multiple figure slots.

RK128

No sure if serious.

I also think KH will be represented by one Sora figure at most along with maybe some in-game items like INterior pieces. Disney constantly has too many other properties to promote to use up multiple figure slots.

I agree with your; only Sora and maybe Kiari (to have a male and female character representing KH's) will be the KH's figures while Muppets are introduced (at least three-five of them) and more Marvel/Pixar/Disney Live Action & Animated characters appearing in 4.0.

My bet for 4.0 is this:
-Disney-
-Moana Waialiki & Maui (Moana)
-Simba & Nana (Lion King)
-Ariel & King Triton (Little Mermaid)
-Alice & Mad Hatter TB Version (Alice: Into the Looking Glass; if they don't appear in 3.0)
-Belle & Beast Live-Action Version (Beauty and the Beast 2017; if they don't appear in 3.0)
-Scrooge McDuck, Hue, Doey and Louie (Ducktails 2017 Show)
-Oswald, Goofy, Pete and Pluto (Mickey Mouse & Friends)
-Dipper, Mable, Grunkle Stan (Gravity Falls; if they don't appear in 3.0)
-Darkwing Duck
-Kim Possible
-Golath

-Pixar-
-Incredibles Family (Incredibles 2)
-Matter, Lighting McQueen and 2 New Cars Characters (Cars 3 Versions)
-Five More Pixar Solts

-Muppets-
-Kirmet
-Ms. Piggy
-Gonzo
-Fozzie Bear

-Kingdom Hearts-
-Sora
-Riku or Kiari

-Marvel-
-Doctor Strange
-Wasp
-Captain Marvel
-White Tiger
-Winter Solder
-Some Inhumans
-Three-Five Marvel Slots

-Star Wars-
-Rouge One Heroes (Four-Six Character Slots)
-More Rebels Characters (Three-Five Character Slots)
-Episode VIII Heroes (Three Characters Slots)

LycanXIII

Tarzan will never be in it. The rights reverted back to ERB's family.

-Mr. Incredible, Mrs. Incredible, Dash, Violet (Based on Incredible 2 Versions; reprints and/or new figures)

-Marvel-
-Hulkbuster
-Ultron

We're years away from Incredibles 2, and Hulkbuster and Ultron already exist.

RK128

Tarzan will never be in it. The rights reverted back to ERB's family.

We're years away from Incredibles 2, and Hulkbuster and Ultron already exist.

Good point.....sorry about that LycanXIII :(.

Shame to hear that about Tarzan too; love the film and cartoon.

curb

Banned
I'm going to let you all in on a little secret. You can call me one of those famous GAF insiders now because I'm about to exclusively reveal the upcoming slate of Disney Infinity figures and play sets for the next couple years:

Malyse

I'm going to let you all in on a little secret. You can call me one of those famous GAF insiders now because I'm about to exclusively reveal the upcoming slate of Disney Infinity figures and play sets for the next couple years:
Where's my tomorrowland figure?

-----

KPInfinity.jpg

jwk94

Things I'd like:

- More things like Toybox Takeover, less like Speedway because Speedway is awful

- Give us a bluetooth base or something that allows me to store my figures on the bse for a period of time. I hate having to repeatedly get up to switch out characters when one dies.

- update people's movesets or release new figures or something. It's cheap that Quorra is a 3.0 character by packaging but 2.0 in mechanics.

- Give us more Toybox Takeover.

curb

Banned
Things I'd like:

- More things like Toybox Takeover, less like Speedway because Speedway is awful

- Give us a bluetooth base or something that allows me to store my figures on the bse for a period of time. I hate having to repeatedly get up to switch out characters when one dies.

- update people's movesets or release new figures or something. It's cheap that Quorra is a 3.0 character by packaging but 2.0 in mechanics.

- Give us more Toybox Takeover.

I don't need Bluetooth but being able to cache some figures would be great.

I believe the Marvel characters are all benefiting from some of the 3.0 combat updates in the Battlegrounds play set so I guess there's hope for other characters.

Top Bottom