• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A new Mafia game is in development at Hangar 13

Certinty

Great news.

As much shit as the third game gets, the gameplay (especially the gunplay and driving) is top notch. Great open world, characters and story too.

It’s just everything else sucked namely the story missions where 90% were more like repetitive side content activities.

If they can build off what was good in 3 and fix on the rest this could seriously be amazing.

Aesius

I just finished Mafia Definitive Edition. Definitely a worthwhile remake of the original, but I wasn't a big fan of how they changed Tommy Angelo's character. He seemed like a mobster who was temporarily a cabbie. Seemed way too comfortable with the lifestyle way too quickly.

Give me Italy based Mafia!!!
This would be great. I'd like to see a Godfather 2 story where you start in Sicily in the early 1900s and the game finishes in America.

Moses85

Oh No Omg GIF by The Office
Oh No GIF by The Maury Show

EDMIX

Great news.

As much shit as the third game gets, the gameplay (especially the gunplay and driving) is top notch. Great open world, characters and story too.

It’s just everything else sucked namely the story missions where 90% were more like repetitive side content activities.

If they can build off what was good in 3 and fix on the rest this could seriously be amazing.
True.

I like 3 and the remake of 1, so i want Hanger 13 doing all the Mafia games going forward. Fuck the rest lol

Roufianos

Took them long enough. How many cancelled projects has this shitty team had since their awful Mafia 3?

Franchise should have stayed with 2K Czech.

EDMIX

protag would be a diverse character.

lol would make sense, isn't all Mafia characters minority groups in the first place?

Italian American's make up 5% of America
African American's make up 12% of America

So I'd say the theme of a minority, joining a mafia, organized crime in America is sorta the standard with Mafia. They can have it be a Russian person, Iranian, Chinese or Asian American like with the Triads..all of that still fits the theme of this series lol

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Really enjoyed Mafia 2, and loved the setting and some of Mafia 3.

Mafia Remake felt old in design, which I guess makes sense. Kinda wish they didn’t stay so true to the linear design when you’re presenting me with such a beautiful world begging for exploration.

Anyways I’m very happy to hear it’s continuing.

Top Bottom