• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A past abortion weighs heavy on me GAF

kittoo

Cretinously credulous
Mods please do close the thread if you think its inappropriate, but I cant really share this with anyone personally in my life.

Just before my marriage my then fiancé got pregnant and we decided to abort very early in pregnancy. We were not ready and not married so at that time it seemed right decision and I didnt think much about it. Probably forgot about it in a day or two after it was done.

Now my wife is pregnant and we are about to have a baby and ever since she got pregnant and I started going mentally in 'becoming father' zone, I cant help but think about the abortion. More and more it weighs on me, as if we made a terrible mistake. I keep thinking about it. Today I was watching a movie and there was an ultrasound going on in a scene and I again started thinking about it and then somehow started crying. I cried so hard. I couldnt believe it. I was saying sorry to the baby/fetus as if that would change anything.

I still dont know if the decision was wrong or right, but what I do know is that it weighs so heavy and maybe forever will.

Has this happened to any of you? Can anyone relate. Anything will help.

Last edited:

FunkMiller

Gold Member
It was clearly the wrong thing for you both when you made your decision. Trust that your instinct was good at the time, and be happy at the way things have turned out.

And for Christ sakes don’t get guilted about it by overtly religious types. They have nothing to do with your life decisions.

Enjoy being a dad 😊

Last edited:

jason10mm

Gold Member
Once the baby comes you won't have time/energy to wonder "What if"

I think the same, my wife and I had a loss. Or what if I had stayed with an ex and had kids? The weird bundle of genes and magic that are kids defy explanation and you can't easily contemplate a life without them once they are here.

Stay strong and focus on the present.

kittoo

Cretinously credulous
It was clearly the wrong thing for you both when you made your decision. Trust that your instinct was good at the time, and be happy at the way things have turned out.

And for Christ sakes don’t get guilted about it by overtly religious types. They have nothing to do with your life decisions.

Enjoy being a dad 😊

Oh absolutely nothing of this has anything to do with religion. I don't think that's gonna sway me either way.

thank you for the wishes :)

Once the baby comes you won't have time/energy to wonder "What if"

I think the same, my wife and I had a loss. Or what if I had stayed with an ex and had kids? The weird bundle of genes and magic that are kids defy explanation and you can't easily contemplate a life without them once they are here.

Stay strong and focus on the present.

haha yeah everyone tells that baby will take up all the time and energy. Silver lining indeed!

I can’t imagine being in that situation but I’m sure nobody has ever not had regrets about an abortion but uh congrats.

Thank you. I suppose you are right one time or another everyone must revisit it, even if briefly only.

NickFire

Mods please do close the thread if you think its inappropriate, but I cant really share this with anyone personally in my life.

Just before my marriage my then fiancé got pregnant and we decided to abort very early in pregnancy. We were not ready and not married so at that time it seemed right decision and I didnt think much about it. Probably forgot about it in a day or two after it was done.

Now my wife is pregnant and we are about to have a baby and ever since she got pregnant and I started going mentally in 'becoming father' zone, I cant help but think about the abortion. More and more it weighs on me, as if we made a terrible mistake. I keep thinking about it. Today I was watching a movie and there was an ultrasound going on in a scene and I again started thinking about it and then somehow started crying. I cried so hard. I couldnt believe it. I was saying sorry to the baby/fetus as if that would change anything.

I still dont know if the decision was wrong or right, but what I do know is that it weighs so heavy and maybe forever will.

You are not alone with those thoughts.

What you need to do is be the best dad you can be to the children you have, and best husband you can be to your wife. I won't say you will completely get over it. But in time you will come to understand that the children you are raising wouldn't be here if you changed even the slightest thing in your past. And it will get easier when you accept that.

Grildon Tundy

Gold Member
kittoo kittoo I hooked up with an ex-girlfriend a decade ago. She got pregnant (according to her). I bought it hook, line, and sinker but my more worldly friend immediately asked, "Are you sure she's pregnant? She wouldn't be the first to lie about it."

She told me she had an abortion, and I felt like crap for a long time. I wanted to have been in a place where I could've financially supported a kid with someone who I thought would be a good mother. Neither of those criteria were true in that case, as I was poor-ish and later learned she cheated on me/said awful things behind my back. I was just blind to that behavior while in a relationship with her.

I still wonder if A) she was telling the truth and B) what my life would be like today if that had resulted in a birth. But then I remember how things have worked out since, and I'm happy with it. You will be, too.

Nydius

I wish I had any sage advice beyond what has already been said but I agree with everyone else so far in that you can't live in the past.
Be the best father you can be to your forthcoming child and know that is atonement enough.

Your post shines a bright spotlight on the dirty laundry abortion activists never talk about. Even when it seems like the best decision at the time, there comes a time when it causes mental distress to most (rational minded) women (and their companion men) who lived through it. Feelings of guilt appear suddenly and hit hard. I have read far too many accounts of women who had abortions, buying into the "my body my choice" ethos, only to later struggle with years of depression, anxiety, and feeling like they were a poor mother to their later children because of their past abortion.

Cyberpunkd

Abortion is never easy, it’s not like taking candies, nobody wants an abortion, people do it for various reasons.

You cannot turn back the time, just focus on being the best father you can. Kids are awesome.

Jada_Li

Banned

I'm spiritual so yeah don't read if you're not interested and obviously that goes to anyone...move on.

Abortion is murder no matter how early or late it is done. Everyone and I mean everyone knows whether they want to deny it or not that at conception that embryo is going to grow into a human being. It does not matter whether the heart did not develop yet, or the brain or anything because the moment of conception is the moment life is forming. And unfortunately, some children never get a chance at life because of the decision(s) of their parent(s) who were given in their care and that's what some choose to do instead of the considering putting the child up for adoption or even allowing a trusted family member or friend to take full custody of the child if by then the parent(s) have grown no attachments to the child(ren) or cannot support financially. My late mother used to say she could never understand those who choose abortion when there are so many in the world who would love and I mean love to have a child of their own but cannot and would love to adopt.

Jeremiah 1:5
Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations.
(God knows each and every one of us before we were placed in the womb.)

Psalm 127:3
Lo, children are an heritage of the LORD: and the fruit of the womb is his reward.

Exodus 20:13
Thou shalt not kill.

Does anyone stop and think what if it were you? What if your mom and/or dad decided that you weren't worth to be given a chance at life and it was just decided for you by the very people meant to love, care and nurture you to end your existence on earth? As if that decision means nothing, nothing at all. It's like what's the big deal and some have no idea...no idea.

Well some people change and some people never change. You are who you choose to be in the end.

But to leave it on a positive note. Since you say you are remorseful and even apologize to your child that didn't get the chance to live, there is hope for you. I'm sure your child forgives you who was returned back to God in heaven. But more importantly I hope you seek God's forgiveness if you earnestly seek Him out, He will forgive you.

Isaiah 55:7
Let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts: and let him return unto the LORD, and he will have mercy upon him; and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon.

Kilau

You have a tough situation; maybe there is a support group with experience that can help you with the grief you have rediscovered. I hope you find peace moving forward and congratulations on the upcoming baby.

I'll also say that becoming a dad removed all regret from my life because anything I had done to change my life path would have meant the wonderful kids I have now wouldn't be here and I can't imagine life without them. Love your children with all you have and more because they need it, and they'll take it :messenger_grinning_sweat:

FunkMiller

Gold Member
Abortion is murder no matter how early or late it is done.

No it isn’t. And the OP doesn’t need your attempt to guilt him, or make him feel bad, because you happen to have a set of religious beliefs. It was a difficult decision for them both, and people like you just make things worse with your religious guilt tripping.

By all means, you live like that. It’s good for you and yours. But keep that shit to yourself, eh? Nobody else needs to hear it.

Last edited:

Batiman

Banned
Don’t dwell on past decisions. I’m sure everyone has some regrets that haunt them. Always focus on the future.

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
My girl just had one last week. At 2 months in. Its been rough but we get through it. Just enjoy the child you do have coming, nothing else you can do now. You made the right decision at the time.

No it isn’t. And the OP doesn’t need your attempt to guilt him, or make him feel bad, because you happen to have a set of religious beliefs. It was a difficult decision for them both, and people like you just make things worse with your religious guilt tripping.

By all means, you live like that. It’s good for you and yours. But keep that shit to yourself, eh? Nobody else needs to hear it.
They are entitled to their opinion as much as you are yours. You should've took their advice and not kept reading if it triggers you so easily.

Last edited:

Jada_Li

Banned

Abortion is not murder...is that so? Says you. According to God, my creator, it is murder. Think about the law and why it's called a double homicide if someone murders a pregnant woman. Hmm? But common sense is unfortunately loss in the world.

Now attempting to make him feel bad or guilty is just a false accusation. No one can make you feel anything unless you give permission and besides not my intention at all but you think what you will, it doesn't matter.

Think of it as someone who warns. "Hey, don't go down that road because the road's out and you won't be able to see that in the dark." Obviously people can come to their own conclusions and their own decisions whether good or bad. So let's say they ignore the warning and go down that road anyway and the next morning they are found, not alive. But hey, you are in control of your life. So be it.

BeardGawd

Banned
Sorry you're having to go through this OP! We all make mistakes man. We can only live and learn. Sometimes it take going through a specific situation to understand the ramifications of it. Dwelling on it won't change it.

Sadly people have been conditioned to view Abortion like clipping a toe nail or something. When really it's cutting off that entire branch of family tree.

Last edited:

Daneel Elijah

Gold Member
Sorry that I do not have any experience relative to abortion. But I read this about parenthood recently that was eye opening. I hope that it will help you, even a little into what is waiting for you:

I've had a pregnancy scare with my ex-GF in high school, and we were thinking of getting an abortion if it was positive she was pregnant. Thankfully, she wasn't, but I remember the anticipation of the news brought a lot of anxiety and sleepless nights.

One of the best things I've learned while in therapy is: allowing yourself to feel that guilt without beating yourself up for it. Talk to yourself as if you're your best friend and, over time, you replace the negative energy into something tolerable, because at least you have an inner friend that looks out for you. It sounds weird (hell, I initially thought that), but at the end of the day: you're the only person you've got, and he better be good at pep-talks.

But yeah, it's okay to feel guilt, because your conscience came around and bit you in the ass. It means you're human. You make mistakes. Just make sure you learn from it.

Hang in there.

Last edited:

near

Gold Member
It's not my place to say whether the decision you made was right or wrong, I can never judge you. There were many variables that influenced your choice then, but you can control and regulate how that decision affects your life moving forward, at least on an emotional and psychological level.

diffusionx

Gold Member
I suspect that for the vast majority of people who did this, this weighs on them, they know and feel what they did was wrong, especially as the years go by and the thought of the person getting older crosses their mind. I think the extremism of the activists is a way of dealing with that guilt, trying to double down and make their mistakes normative as a way to assuage it, which never happens.

We are all human, we all make mistakes, some worse than others, and we need some way to deal with the guilt that comes from those mistakes. This is the point of confession, to say you are sorry to God for the mistake you made and receive penance/forgiveness for it. But, if that is not your belief system, you need to find some way to deal with it. Acknowledging it is the first step.

nush

I still wonder if A) she was telling the truth

Not at all. I had an ex tell me she was pregnant when I ran into her out in town one day abut a week after we broke up. I knew it was bollocks because I always used condoms, and she would not have just casually mentioned it as she was walking away from me during a chance encounter. Thus I never gave it any more thought and no baby appeared. But I do remember thinking "Wow, some women really do claim to be pregnant to get back at ex's".

Kilau

Not at all. I had an ex tell me she was pregnant when I ran into her out in town one day abut a week after we broke up. I knew it was bollocks because I always used condoms, and she would not have just casually mentioned it as she was walking away from me during a chance encounter. Thus I never gave it any more thought and no baby appeared. But I do remember thinking "Wow, some women really do claim to be pregnant to get back at ex's".
But did you hot sauce the used condoms after?

Think About It GIF by Identity

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I took my high school girlfriend to the prom when she was pregnant. She ended up having an abortion. I was so young at the time. It was her choice. I had no say in it. I think back to that now and that kid would have been 16 or 17 by now. I haven’t spoken to that girl in that many years. Both are just memories best kept in the past. It doesn’t do me any good to think about what could have been. It’s a waste of time. It’s better to move on and make a better future for yourself and your family.

I'm spiritual so yeah don't read if you're not interested and obviously that goes to anyone...move on.

Abortion is murder no matter how early or late it is done. Everyone and I mean everyone knows whether they want to deny it or not that at conception that embryo is going to grow into a human being. It does not matter whether the heart did not develop yet, or the brain or anything because the moment of conception is the moment life is forming. And unfortunately, some children never get a chance at life because of the decision(s) of their parent(s) who were given in their care and that's what some choose to do instead of the considering putting the child up for adoption or even allowing a trusted family member or friend to take full custody of the child if by then the parent(s) have grown no attachments to the child(ren) or cannot support financially. My late mother used to say she could never understand those who choose abortion when there are so many in the world who would love and I mean love to have a child of their own but cannot and would love to adopt.

Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations.

Lo, children are an heritage of the LORD: and the fruit of the womb is his reward.

Thou shalt not kill.

Does anyone stop and think what if it were you? What if your mom and/or dad decided that you weren't worth to be given a chance at life and it was just decided for you by the very people meant to love, care and nurture you to end your existence on earth? As if that decision means nothing, nothing at all. It's like what's the big deal and some have no idea...no idea.

Well some people change and some people never change. You are who you choose to be in the end.

But to leave it on a positive note. Since you say you are remorseful and even apologize to your child that didn't get the chance to live, there is hope for you. I'm sure your child forgives you who was returned back to God in heaven. But more importantly I hope you seek God's forgiveness if you earnestly seek Him out, He will forgive you.

Let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts: and let him return unto the LORD, and he will have mercy upon him; and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon.
oh no toilet GIF by Poo~Pourri

Last edited:

AJUMP23

Gold Member

Thou shalt not kill.

This is where I would land. Seek forgiveness from God, you do not have carry the burden of past wrongs with you. God offers grace to the penitent. even if you are not a believer seeking forgiveness can release a burden.

near

Gold Member

Thou shalt not kill.

Preaching religious rulings which deem the OP as a murderer and a sinner is disingenuous and distasteful, when the purpose of the thread is to seek out help in dealing with the ramifications of a socially controversial decision he made in the past.

Abortion is not murder...is that so? Says you. According to God, my creator, it is murder. Think about the law and why it's called a double homicide if someone murders a pregnant woman. Hmm? But common sense is unfortunately loss in the world.

Now attempting to make him feel bad or guilty is just a false accusation. No one can make you feel anything unless you give permission and besides not my intention at all but you think what you will, it doesn't matter.

Think of it as someone who warns. "Hey, don't go down that road because the road's out and you won't be able to see that in the dark." Obviously people can come to their own conclusions and their own decisions whether good or bad. So let's say they ignore the warning and go down that road anyway and the next morning they are found, not alive. But hey, you are in control of your life. So be it.

Abortion is not murder, depending on what part of the world you live in and if you're religious or not. Try not to impose your views on people, and at least leave room for discussion. Even Islam has different rulings on abortion, which is far more lenient on the subject compared to Christianity. There are many atheists in the world too!

PrimetimeKnight PrimetimeKnight I'm a woman. 🤣

But I guess maybe this forum is either high percentage of males or am I the only female? Now I wonder what is the ratio. I'm was so accustomed to TS3 forums which was about half and half.

Is this a troll post?

JayK47

Been seeing a lot of articles on the man's perspective of an abortion and how it affects men more than anybody seems to realize. So is it just a coincidence that you bring this up OP? All I can say is, tell your story. So many ignorent people out there who treat abortion like popping a pimple and no big deal.

Winter John

Gold Member
I got a girl pregnant when I was around 17. Getting an abortion was the only thing to do. Neither of us were fit to raise a kid. We had no money. We didn't love each other. We had nothing in common. I was most likely unemployed or working some shit job at the time. I don't regret getting rid of it for a minute. That kid wouldn't have stood a chance. Not with two parents stuck together resenting the fuck out of it. You know what I regret about that whole episode? I had this leather jacket. It was cool as fuck. A real vintage one from the 50s I'd found in some old second hand shop.. She started wearing it and I never got it back off her.

lukilladog

I don't think that the abortion of an early embryo is a fundamentally terrible event, as I think that what makes Us human is the illusion we have of ourselves, an emergent property of a mostly developed brain that has build models upon models of its sorroundings, trying to make sense of the world, and at such an early stage there cannot be such a thing. It's easy to think that one is ending a human life, but interrupting the biological formation of one is not the same thing. Of course that is not gonna change the feelings of you or anyone as we are hardwired as highly empathic organisms (generally), but as such we are better bringing new humans under better conditions, reducing their suffering, it's the moral thing to do... putting new borns in the trash, drawning them in the toilet, or having them despite being given diagnosed terrible medical conditions with months in advance because of religious misbeliefs... now that is abominable. Anyway, sorry that you had to go through that, but nobody choses that.

Jada_Li

Banned
What a nice intellectual and mature conversation we are having. 😂

It's so hilarious how so many get OFFENDED when clearly they burned themselves when they knew the stove was hot.

Ephesians 6:12
For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

This is where I would land. Seek forgiveness from God, you do not have carry the burden of past wrongs with you. God offers grace to the penitent. even if you are not a believer seeking forgiveness can release a burden.
If someone reads the first line and does not care, they are not going care about anything else being said. And if they do read on...you see what happens and who comes out to play. However rare, maybe someone did read it and took it as food for thought. But the enemy hates when seeds are planted and will kill as many or all of it. Very few open-minded individuals and so many close-minded hive minds.

Preaching religious rulings which deem the OP as a murderer and a sinner is disingenuous and distasteful, when the purpose of the thread is to seek out help in dealing with the ramifications of a socially controversial decision he made in the past.

Abortion is not murder, depending on what part of the world you live in and if you're religious or not. Try not to impose your views on people, and at least leave room for discussion. Even Islam has different rulings on abortion, which is far more lenient on the subject compared to Christianity. There are many atheists in the world too!

Is this a troll post?
God says it's murder, I do not make the laws or commandments but I follow them as best I can. If others do not follow God that is their choice and has nothing to do with me. But from time to time I will speak the truth regardless whether I'm possibly an undiagnosed autistic adult. I'm not ashamed of who I am.

Impose my view on people? No, it's God's way not mine and I pick up my cross and follow Jesus. But it's funny how you accuse me of putting my views on people when really it's the other way around. Just because I have a different belief than most doesn't mean it's okay to treat me any kind of way. But then again God said this would happen and it happens a lot. I'm doing something right if I'm being hated on but it is not me it is the God in me. God is Judge not me.

I think that as long as I murder less first born sons of Egypt than God did, my hands are cleaner than His. I got a pretty comfy buffer.
God has the authority to do as He pleases and is the creator of everything. God is not heartless but when those who choose to live in sin, then He doesn't care about them. Simple. Have faith and faith will be reciprocated. But yeah, I know you're being sarcastic and I'm being serious.

You are allowed your opinion and where you choose to share it is up to you. Many of us think it's bad form to do so in this thread.

"If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all"
It's not an opinion, it's my belief like you have your own beliefs. But apparently it's only okay to see one side of the coin and ignore the other side as if it doesn't exist. "They love the darkness."

Wow, God has some triggered up in here 😆.

Kenpachii

It's so hilarious how so many get OFFENDED when clearly they burned themselves when they knew the stove was hot.

Ephesians 6:12
For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

If someone reads the first line and does not care, they are not going care about anything else being said. And if they do read on...you see what happens and who comes out to play. However rare, maybe someone did read it and took it as food for thought. But the enemy hates when seeds are planted and will kill as many or all of it. Very few open-minded individuals and so many close-minded hive minds.

God says it's murder, I do not make the laws or commandments but I follow them as best I can. If others do not follow God that is their choice and has nothing to do with me. But from time to time I will speak the truth regardless whether I'm possibly an undiagnosed autistic adult. I'm not ashamed of who I am.

Impose my view on people? No, it's God's way not mine and I pick up my cross and follow Jesus. But it's funny how you accuse me of putting my views on people when really it's the other way around. Just because I have a different belief than most doesn't mean it's okay to treat me any kind of way. But then again God said this would happen and it happens a lot. I'm doing something right if I'm being hated on but it is not me it is the God in me. God is Judge not me.

God has the authority to do as He pleases and is the creator of everything. God is not heartless but when those who choose to live in sin, then He doesn't care about them. Simple. Have faith and faith will be reciprocated. But yeah, I know you're being sarcastic and I'm being serious.

It's not an opinion, it's my belief like you have your own beliefs. But apparently it's only okay to see one side of the coin and ignore the other side as if it doesn't exist. "They love the darkness."

Your dog shit god, killed my parents with diseases, killed countless of people and let priests roam free to rape kids without any way to stop them. And horde gold from the poor like nothing else.

U follow your dog shit religion, that's fine. I bet you don't even pariticipate in half the practises that the bible tells you to do, u just selectively select them because u wouldn't even be on the internet otherwise.

U telling other people they are murderers, because they aborted is just fucking disgusting the same as your dog shit religion. Go live 2000 years ago in some stone age that nobody gives 2 fucks about anymore.

The fact u follow this dog shit religion in such a manner tells me how fucking trash you are as a person.

So how does it feel to be judged by somebody else?

Last edited:

Klosshufvud

I can only imagine the crazy rollercoaster of emotions that an abortion is. All my friends who aren't religious who have done it say the mental toll was heavier than expected.

Personally, I'm fairly set that a fetus in the mere conception stage of pregnancy can't be considered human. It takes a long time for the neuron system to develop fully, and the process is far from complete even at birth. Birth is simply when the fetus no longer need to be inside the womb to survive. The people calling it murder are hypocrites. They have no issues eating meat that comes from far more developed beings than a few weeks old clump of cells that is a fetus. Some of them have no issues advocating gun rights that get hundreds of children killed every year. With that said, I can only imagine the mental toll of a couple going through something like that.

I'm spiritual

Do you say this to avoid specific criticisms levied against your adoption of a particular sect? You're quoting bible passages so you're giving the game away but do you tell people you're spiritual to avoid having to confront your own mental contortions around which aspects of your religion you cherry pick from?

Doom85

Your dog shit god, killed my parents with diseases, killed countless of people and let priests roam free to rape kids without any way to stop them. And horde gold from the poor like nothing else.

U follow your dog shit religion, that's fine. I bet you don't even pariticipate in half the practises that the bible tells you to do, u just selectively select them because u wouldn't even be on the internet otherwise.

U telling other people they are murderers, because they aborted is just fucking disgusting the same as your dog shit religion. Go live 2000 years ago in some stone age that nobody gives 2 fucks about anymore.

The fact u follow this dog shit religion in such a manner tells me how fucking trash you are as a person.

So how does it feel to be judged by somebody else?

It’s jarring growing up being raised in church, and then learning to think for yourself as an adult and realizing how fucked up a good deal of the Bible‘s views are.

Like, holy shit, the “law” where if a man rapes a female virgin, the “punishment” is he must pay the woman’s father (clearly the dad is the true victim in all of this…..) and must marry the woman (great, that’ll truly help her mental recovery to be forced to wake up next to HER RAPIST. Also, I doubt people back then cared if the wife resused consent meaning the rapist can now do it nonstop to her, so good job enforcing that shit, God!)

Also, God hardening Pharaoh’s heart to change his mind about Moses and his people leaving. Ah yes, it’s humans who are always guilty of their own sin……except when God cheats and forces them to.

And the fact that the New Testament changed so much regarding what is sin or not. I‘m not really impressed by God being “without sin” if he can just move goalposts on MORALITY like that.

Cyberpunkd

Abortion is murder no matter how early or late it is done.
See, the problem is that you can have such an opinion and let other people make their choices since it's none of your business. The other side can do likewise.

Except in this discussion there is one side constantly pushing for limiting women access to abortion, so in effect making the choice for them. Guess which side it is?

Kyle Mooney Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
There's no way to know what would have happened. The whole timeline changes, you could have died instead in a car crash years ago. I would say make the most of your life now. Be a great parent to this baby.

Last edited:

FunkMiller

Gold Member

You are, of course, free to practise whatever beliefs you have.

Where you have gone wrong here is preaching those beliefs in a thread where it is wholly inappropriate.

The irony here is I’m sure you wish more people followed your religion, but it’s rude, condescending, and arrogant people like you that put others off.

You might spend some time reflecting that your beliefs do not give you permission to accuse others of murder, when they have honestly expressed their feelings about a traumatic event in their lives.

Proverbs 17:28
Even a fool is thought wise if he keeps silent, and discerning if he holds his tongue.
Even a fool, when he holdeth his peace, is counted wise: and he that shutteth his lips is esteemed a man of understanding.

Your book tells you to keep your mouth shut, or be thought a fool.

Follow your book.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
God has the authority to do as He pleases and is the creator of everything.
Well that's convenient. Parents are the creator of children too. God may have authority in your eyes, but I am still more moral than He, since I refuse to commit mass murder of innocent people.

God is not heartless but when those who choose to live in sin, then He doesn't care about them. Simple.
That does not sound like an all-loving and all-caring God to me. You sure you're keeping up with the faith?

Have faith and faith will be reciprocated. But yeah, I know you're being sarcastic and I'm being serious.
I'm not being sarcastic. What I described actually happened.

Exodus 12:29 - At midnight the Lord struck down all the firstborn in Egypt, from the firstborn of Pharaoh, who sat on the throne, to the firstborn of the prisoner, who was in the dungeon, and the firstborn of all the livestock as well. 30 Pharaoh and all his officials and all the Egyptians got up during the night, and there was loud wailing in Egypt, for there was not a house without someone dead.

There surely were newborns firstborns that night. There also surely were pregnant Egyptians who had their firstborn sons killed in the womb by God. These children did not choose to live in sin.

Genesis 6:13 - So God said to Noah, “I am going to put an end to all people, for the earth is filled with violence because of them. I am surely going to destroy both them and the earth.

Genesis 7:21 - Every living thing that moved on land perished—birds, livestock, wild animals, all the creatures that swarm over the earth, and all mankind. 22 Everything on dry land that had the breath of life in its nostrils died. 23 Every living thing on the face of the earth was wiped out; people and animals and the creatures that move along the ground and the birds were wiped from the earth.

All those pregnant women with children in their wombs perished at the hands of God. Do you think they were not innocent?

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Having a baby you’re not prepared to raise & love with all your being is infinitely worse than killing an embryo. The morality of killing is a spectrum, not a binary good/evil dynamic.

PrimetimeKnight PrimetimeKnight I'm a woman. 🤣

But I guess maybe this forum is either high percentage of males or am I the only female? Now I wonder what is the ratio. I'm was so accustomed to TS3 forums which was about half and half.
Sorry, my apologies. I guess I just wrongly assume the majority of people on here are male since gaming tends to skew that direction.

Can mods get a lock on this thread since it unsurprisingly has become a shit show of Atheists dog piling on anyone with an alternative religious viewpoint. You wanna do that shit Era's over there, I thought GAF was better than this.

Last edited:

near

Gold Member
Sorry, my apologies. I guess I just wrongly assume the majority of people on here are male since gaming tends to skew that direction.

Can mods get a lock on this thread since it unsurprisingly has become a shit show of Atheists dog piling on anyone with an alternative religious viewpoint. You wanna do that shit Era's over there, I thought GAF was better than this.

Nothing wrong with religious guidance if its presented in a way that offers helpful insight to either allow OP to cope with he’s feelings, or offer explanations to help him move forward. But if your going to make an attempt to derail the thread with unhelpful biblical rhetoric you can expect people to counter argue your efforts.

Top Bottom