• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A special 25th Anniversary Limited Edition reprint of the Dark Souls Trilogy Compendium will be released in February 2024

Future Press presents the ultimate and complete Dark Souls compendium book. The enemies, items, equipment, areas and NPC dialogue of each game are all presented in an easy-to-reference format. This beautifully laid out book is designed to make it easy to find what you're looking for—each entry is color-coded by game, and everything is fully indexed.
If you're new to Dark Souls, or interested in the story but in need of a springboard, this book will get you up to speed on everything that the games explicitly reveal. It also provides the means to connect the dots and start forming your own theories, while acting as a complete reference book of the creatures, characters and locations that make up these magnificent games.

TexMex

Got this on the original release. It’s gone for $500+ on eBay for some time now. I ordered a second one when they listed this.

If you’re a Souls fan and don’t have this, it’s an absolute must own. All of Future Press’ releases are stellar, but this one especially so. You won’t regret it.

Ceadeus

Gold Member
They can ship to whereever Latvia is?!

But they don't ship to Canada... like what the fucking hell

Edit: nevermind, looks like it has been fixed! I'm so happy ☃️

Last edited:

Kenneth Haight

Gold Member
Nice, got a preorder in, Future Press stuff is of great quality, thank you for the heads up on this Thick Thighs Save Lives Thick Thighs Save Lives :messenger_smiling_with_eyes:

Got this on the original release. It’s gone for $500+ on eBay for some time now. I ordered a second one when they listed this.

If you’re a Souls fan and don’t have this, it’s an absolute must own. All of Future Press’ releases are stellar, but this one especially so. You won’t regret it.
That is crazy, I wonder if they actually sell for that amount?

Sleepwalker

Thought it was a reprint of the games lol, almost ordered it too but no interest in a compendium

quantum-leap.gif

Ceadeus

Gold Member
Thick Thighs Save Lives Thick Thighs Save Lives

Member​

They can ship to whereever Latvia is?!

But they don't ship to Canada... like what the fucking hell
They're a German based company so they ship everywhere in Europe, including Latvia which is a Baltic EU country. That said, I'm surprised that they don't ship to Canada.

It makes me sad to be honest. I absolutely like this kind of merchandise. Do you believe they have third party sellers for this?

Last edited:

Member​

They're a German based company so they ship everywhere in Europe, including Latvia which is a Baltic EU country. That said, I'm surprised that they don't ship to Canada.

It makes me sad to be honest. I absolutely like this kind of merchandise. Do you believe they have third party sellers for this?
I'm bummed out for you as well because I've been in your shoes with something I really wanted to order from a Canadian store, but they wouldn't ship in the EU.

That said, I'm not sure, and probably your best bet would be to use a US mail forwarding service because on ebay they'll list this compendium at scalping prices. However, Future Press do mention in the tweet that "The book is initially available exclusively at http://future-press.com" so maybe they'll partner with a retailer down the line for a wider release of this compendium?

TexMex

Nice, got a preorder in, Future Press stuff is of great quality, thank you for the heads up on this Thick Thighs Save Lives Thick Thighs Save Lives :messenger_smiling_with_eyes:

They do actually. It’s the most expensive, but all of their guides go out of print and hit insane markups. Their Bayonetta guide hits $1000 when it goes up. I preorder all their guides when they go up for this reason.

They did a big poll to see which guides should go back into production. This is one. They’re also doing a Bloodborne reprint with their Old Hunters guide in one volume.

Of note - they’re poorly managed. They haven’t had a single guide or art book hit the advertised release date in nearly ten years. Bloodborne is the last one I received on time.

Usually worth the wait though.

Ceadeus

Gold Member
I'm bummed out for you as well because I've been in your shoes with something I really wanted to order from a Canadian store, but they wouldn't ship in the EU.

That said, I'm not sure, and probably your best bet would be to use a US mail forwarding service because on ebay they'll list this compendium at scalping prices. However, Future Press do mention in the tweet that "The book is initially available exclusively at http://future-press.com" so maybe they'll partner with a retailer down the line for a wider release of this compendium?
I tried having a look once more, just in case, and all of a sudden they ship to Canada! Lol it's totally unexpected and a nice surprise 🎉

Last edited:

Jesb

Just ordered. Not even a fan of these games but a fan of good art. I always wanted to get into these games but maybe this will help.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I owned this back when it came out and I sold it on eBay for $300. Not even joking. I missed having it around, so I preordered this.

For a while I regretted selling it, but $300 for a book isn’t bad. I bought some games with that money. Now I’m spending $60 for a reprint? That’s good enough for me.

Trying to find a first run of this book will probably run you $500+.

Obviously playing the games is the best way to experience Dark Souls. Owning the book is still pretty cool.

Last edited:

kiphalfton

The seller must have a lot of faith they're not going to get screwed.

And the more expensive an item is, the worse the "buyer" is. Read too many horror stories of people selling something, and the buyer either filing a chargeback/dispute, committing mail fraud, etc.

SJRB

Gold Member
Got mine in the mail today, I feel like an asshole because for some reason I thought this was going to be a collection of art work, like Design Works. But it’s “just” the strategy guide for the three games. I don’t need a map of fucking Firelink Shrine, bro.

I have only myself to blame of course because I completely misunderstood what this was, but I’m super bummed out.

Last edited:
Top Bottom