• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A Splinter Cell remake is underway at Ubisoft Toronto

Scotty W

The problem with ubi is that the individual games lack distinction to those who are not paying close attention. So many sequels, they all feel like the same game to me. A new game is not an event.

I haven’t played MGS in many years, but I am vaguely aware of what has happened to the series. But with Splinter Cell I have no idea/ they made the 1st game, then a few sequels… and then…?

They need to produce less games in series. 1 or 2 per generation max, but they need new stores to spread them out over.

clarky

Gold Member
The problem with ubi is that the individual games lack distinction to those who are not paying close attention. So many sequels, they all feel like the same game to me. A new game is not an event.

I haven’t played MGS in many years, but I am vaguely aware of what has happened to the series. But with Splinter Cell I have no idea/ they made the 1st game, then a few sequels… and then…?

They need to produce less games in series. 1 or 2 per generation max, but they need new stores to spread them out over.
Get what your saying be we haven't had a new splinter cell in donkeys.

I'm not overly keen on remakes/remasters but this could be really good if they do it well, its been what 20 years?

Not that I have any faith in modern UBISOFT, I cant remember the last game that I enjoyed from them, well actually think it was the first Mario v Rabbids.

Last edited:

CGNoire

I'm not overly keen on remakes/remasters but this could be really good if they do it well, its been what 20 years?

Not that I have any faith in modern UBISOFT, I cant remember the last game that I enjoyed from them, well actually think it was the first Mario v Rabbids.
The last game I enjoyed of theres was also splinter cell Blacklist. Its the only series they never totally ruined.

Last edited:

Scotty W

I lost interest in Prince of Persia after they released so many sequels in such a short time after the original. I think if they had released just one, how much more cache it would have. I suspect a similar thing is making them drag their heels with Splinter Cell. I just checked- they released quite a few games in the first decade after the original. They probably saturated the market, and find it hard to gauge interest, because they killed it.

Personally, I find it interesting how often people talk about Watch Dogs, even though it was not a huge success.

Three

I'd like them to really play around with ray-traced shadows and audio. Splinter Cell is such a great opportunity to leverage that technology that it would be a waste not too. And get Amon Tobin in to do the soundtrack again.
I'd like them to do a VR splinter cell. You'd have complete awareness of your surroundings and putting on the iconic multi-vision goggles would feel badass.

Top Bottom