• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A wild spec sheet has appeared!

Jigsaah

Gold Member
I can't even begin to understand all of this. Tech heads. break it down for the masses. I personally cannot vouch for the validity of this sheet. It's fun to speculate though.

Here is the original tweet:

And a blown up version of the spec sheet so folks can read.

EexGOczXgAMRkyZ

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
I'm reasonably sure I've seen that spreadsheet somewhere on the Internet before. I can't remember, but the source seemed unverified.

geordiemp

I can't even begin to understand all of this. Tech heads. break it down for the masses. I personally cannot vouch for the validity of this sheet. It's fun to speculate though.

Here is the original tweet:

And a blown up version of the spec sheet so folks can read.

EexGOczXgAMRkyZ

As soon as I see the German I know its Colbert and the discord gang.

Sad.

JonnyMP3

This isn't anything new we didn't already know about... But the mistakes that people have pointed out are obvious.

LOL Xbox definitely has bluetooth wtf, this is a gay sheet
The Controller does when it is used for PC but the Console does not it uses a proprietary signal for lower latency here read this.

No Bluetooth for Xbox Series X

The Xbox Series X won't have Bluetooth, similarly to the Xbox One, Xbox One S, and Xbox One X. The reason is simple; the Bluetooth signal isn't strong enough to meet Microsoft's specifications for latency. Microsoft uses its proprietary signal, dubbed Xbox Wireless, for connecting controllers and other accessories, like the Turtle Beach Stealth 600 and the SteelSeries 9X wireless headsets.

Microsoft's signal is far stronger than Bluetooth, and since many people typically game while sitting far away from their consoles in the living room or so on, Bluetooth's susceptibility to interference increases exponentially at longer ranges.

If you were hoping you could use a USB Bluetooth adapter, it likely wouldn't work either, as the Xbox Series X and other Xbox One consoles don't have the drivers necessary to power them.

Amiga

PS5 SSD Raw speed =5.5
XBSX SSD compressed speed =4.8

this is going to be a thing for 3rd party devs, if they cap their code streaming at 4.8 for the xboxSX they can skip compression altogether on PS5 and just push Raw data directly, this means the PS5 the APU can run processing in less time, potentially giving better frame rates.

PS5 has even more faster specs:

PS5 SSD lanes = 4> 2 for XBSX
PS5 SSD channels = 12> 4 for XBSX
PS5 SSD priority levels = 6> 2 for the XBSX
PS5 I/O max throughput = 22> 6 for the XBSX

GreyHand23

PS5 SSD Raw speed =5.5
XBSX SSD compressed speed =4.8

this is going to be a thing for 3rd party devs, if they cap their code streaming at 4.8 for the xboxSX they can skip compression altogether on PS5 and just push Raw data directly, this means the PS5 the APU can run processing in less time, potentially giving better frame rates.

PS5 has even more faster specs:

PS5 SSD lanes = 4> 2 for XBSX
PS5 SSD channels = 12> 4 for XBSX
PS5 SSD priority levels = 6> 2 for the XBSX
PS5 I/O max throughput = 22> 6 for the XBSX

This makes no sense. Compression is also to reduce the size of the game, so it won't be skipped. Also the PS5 has dedicated hardware for decompression so there is no benefit to keeping the data in raw format, especially since Kraken is a lossless compressor.

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
Wow how many rows related to the SSD do you need to add? lol

Whoever did this is a Sony fanboy

Pallas

Gold Member
No offense but did this really need a new thread? There’s a very large speculation thread for this type of stuff.

As soon as I see the German I know its Colbert and the discord gang.

Sad.
Outside of the theoretical TF count, it’s mostly paints the PS5 in a positive light, doubtful that the notorious “Xbox discord gang” would be behind this.

Why would they list Series X GPU at 1845 MHz yet not actually write the TF number that would provide, 12.28 TF?

Several other parts look fake, too. There is GPU hardware customization (MIP blending hardware) for SFS implementation on XvA. Many patents show this.

Guess this came from a Sony Discord group? It's fake news.

Lol. In what world is the PS5 10.8tflops with 36CUs at 2.23ghz?

I was lenient enough to not even spot or consider that xD, but yeah, no one can call this an accurate spec sheet if they can't get their numbers in agreement.

It's like whoever made it doesn't know how clock frequencies factor into TF counts on AMD RDNA GPU architectures...among a lot of other things they don't actually know.

Last edited:

DaGwaphics

Last edited:

tillbot8

Banned
Where is the 500 extra gflops coming from if the four CU's are still disabled at the same GPU frequency? And Xbox not having Bluetooth? Why? All the other stuff...yeah sure it's already been confirmed!

Iorv3th

Why would it say max refresh rate 120fps? Doesn't that seem like something stupid to list that is arbitrary? Nothing is preventing it from having a higher 'refresh rate" it's not a display.

Amiga

This makes no sense. Compression is also to reduce the size of the game, so it won't be skipped. Also the PS5 has dedicated hardware for decompression so there is no benefit to keeping the data in raw format, especially since Kraken is a lossless compressor.
games can be installed uncompressed

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
games can be installed uncompressed

Think about what you are typing before you type it.

Modern Warfare is 100+GBs....the PS5 SSD has ~800GBs of storage.
Lets store games uncompressed on it.

Just because you can do something doesnt mean you should.
Having dedicated decompression hardware also makes NOT compressing that much dumber of a thing to do......unless your game is actually really small and doesnt need to be compressed, utilizing the hardware you have makes more sense than NOT.

Zoro7

Banned
No bluetooth on Series X confirmed!!
Thats how it works right guys? We get a shitty rumour and run with it?

Amiga

Think about what you are typing before you type it.

Modern Warfare is 100+GBs....the PS5 SSD has ~800GBs of storage.
Lets store games uncompressed on it.

Just because you can do something doesnt mean you should.
Having dedicated decompression hardware also makes NOT compressing that much dumber of a thing to do......unless your game is actually really small and doesnt need to be compressed, utilizing the hardware you have makes more sense than NOT.

200-400 GB could could become the new normal. It's a given we will need expansion storage.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
200-400 GB could could become the new normal. It's a given we will need expansion storage.

Or we could use the dedicated hardware decompression built into this amazing piece of new technology and have games be reasonably sized while not losing any performance.....since the geniuses at Sony thought about this and made sure the system had "dedicated" hardware to do this very thing!

Being able to install 2 or 3 games on your nextgen console before needing to spend 200 dollars on a 4.0 doesnt make sense.
You might as well just sell me the game on a 256GB 4.0.

Top Bottom