• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

About 80 thieves plunder a high end department store in California.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jennings

Authorities and witnesses say about 80 people, some wearing ski masks and wielding crowbars, swarmed a department store in the San Francisco Bay Area, stealing merchandise before fleeing in dozens of cars
Two employees were assaulted and one was hit with pepper spray during what police called "clearly a planned event.”

NBC Bay Area reporter Jodi Hernandez tweeted that she saw the thieves rush into the store in the downtown shopping district in the city some 20 miles (32 kilometers) northeast of San Francisco.

“About 25 cars just blocked the street and rushed into the Walnut Creek Nordstrom making off with goods before getting in cars and speeding away,” Hernandez said on Twitter.

Theft isn't new. Even organized theft perpetrated by small groups of people is nothing new. But 80 people all ransacking a store at once? That's a big deal.

nush

Gold Member
But 80 people all ransacking a store at once? That's a big deal.

I said this just last month when the video of people rushing the VIP entrance to the Travis Scott concert. (Paraphase as I can't find the specific topic) People have learned through recent events that if enough of them rush security at once they can get away with whatever they want. It's nothing to do with Rittenhouse, media will say it is, the thieves just waited for the next opportunity to arise.

It will keep happening until the risk of getting identified and caught is raised.

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
Not a peep from the media calling it looting.
That's the scary part here. It is becoming normalized. And when you criticize it, people say you are defending the profits of big companies while completely ignoring these events lead to the loss of jobs. San Francisco politicians are still trying to argue that Walgreens pharmacies closing had nothing to do with the increase in theft.

as long as shit show like this stay in liberal states/cities......so the liberals can experience it first hand, slowly their state/city, hang out place turn into a shit hole

zeorhymer

It was a Louis Vuitton store from what I know. It's fine tho, the lame ass DA won't do a thing. Cops won't do a thing. Judges won't do a thing. Let SF burn to the ground.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
As long as each one only stole under $990 there isn't a damn thing anyone can do. Theft is pretty much legal in san fran.
LOL.

Goes to show you how much they care about crime in SF. $990. If anything, you'd think any police force wanting to cut down on wasting time would make the limit maybe $50 or $99.

For $990, someone can walk out with a laptop or TV. lol

Last edited:

Tschumi

Eh.

Read the article, zero implication that this has anything to do with the verdict in that trial.

I took a fucking napkin from a maccas yesterday, was that a politically motivated looting incident?

And excatly how far is Kenosha from SF? Get fucked lol.

Sounds to me like some gang figured out a pretty novel method of mass-theft, wouldn't you think they would have made some kind of fucking statements about it while they were doing it if they were making a point? Banners? Chants?

Ugh, try not to be too eager to blame lefty, people, you just come off looking like you let others do your thinking for you.

as long as shit show like this stay in liberal states/cities......so the liberals can experience it first hand, slowly their state/city, hang out place turn into a shit hole
didn't wisconsin vote blue last election?

Last edited:

haxan7

Banned
Eh.

Read the article, zero implication that this has anything to do with the verdict in that trial.

I took a fucking napkin from a maccas yesterday, was that a politically motivated looting incident?

And excatly how far is Kenosha from SF? Get fucked lol.

Sounds to me like some gang figured out a pretty novel method of mass-theft, wouldn't you think they would have made some kind of fucking statements about it while they were doing it if they were making a point? Banners? Chants?

Ugh, try not to be too eager to blame lefty, people, you just come off looking like you let others do your thinking for you.

didn't wisconsin vote blue last election?
Essentially a thread derail.

If you ask me stuff like this is corporate espionage. Why wouldnt amazon form gangs to loot their rivals for 990 worth of stuff in placea where the laws are lax and then put the contents on Amazon?

Who benefits from retailers going out of business? Like I have been saying, we are walking into a cyper punk dystopia. If a corporation wasnt behind this they soon will be behind these types of activities.

haxan7

Banned
lol why because everyone else is happily bubbling along mouthing off about it being looting and i point out that nothing in that article has said as much?
Looting does not equal a connection to a connection to Rittenhouse. Take off your foggy glasses and take a look at the actual event being discussed.

Tschumi

Looting does not equal a connection to a connection to Rittenhouse. Take off your foggy glasses and take a look at the actual event being discussed.
bro, post #1 says 'everyone knew there would be looting after the Rittenhouse decision' i dunno how else to respond to a leap like that

haxan7

Banned
bro, post #1 says 'everyone knew there would be looting after the Rittenhouse decision' i dunno how else to respond to a leap like that
So what. You act like you found multiple pages of Rittenhouse discussion, and blasted out paragraph after paragraph in rebuttal. It was a one line post. Making the topic about Rittenhouse will get the thread locked, and isn’t necessary to discuss and comment on what actually happened.

tl;dr read my original response.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Youre telling me the big looting in SF and Chicago (and any other places not told on news) were completely random?

Tschumi

So what. You act like you found multiple pages of Rittenhouse discussion, and blasted out paragraph after paragraph in rebuttal. It was a one line post. Making the topic about Rittenhouse will get the thread locked, and isn’t necessary to discuss and comment on what actually happened.

tl;dr read my original response.
it was more than one post about it

it would be ridiculous to say i'm the one who made it a 'thing', or made this thread about it.

I guess you're saying i shoulda just let them say their opinion and all... That's probably fair, i guess i had to vent some RL so i made a point, but if this thread gets locked it'll be because the first post implied it was political, not because the nth post said it wasn't.

Edit in: Maybe this thread should get locked, if the first post was already setting a political agenda. Speaking of which...

Youre telling me the big looting in SF and Chicago (and any other places not told on news) were completely random?

Sorry man, that kind of "you tellin' me my subjective interpretation isn't right?' approach won't get any joy outta me. I need more than that...

I certainly need more than fox news telling me it's about that for it to be about that. (don't like cnn either for what it's worth)

SUV attack in Wisconsin is a bit closer to home, this one bears watching... but I'll be fucked if I guess what's behind it before I know lol

Last edited:

Jennings

Edit in: Maybe this thread should get locked, if the first post was already setting a political agenda. Speaking of which...
I didn't set an agenda. Nothing in my post or the article I quoted and linked says anything about any connections to any other event other than multiple property crimes that took place in the same area the day before.

Anything added to those facts comes from people's own imaginations.

Last edited:

Tschumi

I didn't set an agenda. Nothing in my post or the article I quoted and linked says anything about any connections to any other event other than multiple property crimes that took place in the same area the day before.

Anything added to those facts comes from people's own imaginations.
i'm sorry mate i wasn't clear enough, i meant first reply*

BouncyFrag

Keep an eye out for random guy looting lego toys from Target.
5wzbi363fm151.jpg

GymWolf

Gold Member
As long as each one only stole under $990 there isn't a damn thing anyone can do. Theft is pretty much legal in san fran.
This remembers me of when we had a lot or roms occuping homes with pregnant women and police couldn't do anything even if they were illegaly occuping your fucking house.

Happy to see that us and italy share a great justice system that protect his citizenz.

Peggies

Gold Member
This remembers me of when we had a lot or roms occuping homes with pregnant women and police couldn't do anything even if they were illegaly occuping your fucking house.
Aaron Paul What GIF by Breaking Bad

How does that work? Just put your pregnant woman into another man's house and you're made for life? That's ingenious!

HoodWinked

Gold Member
It probably is in some way influenced by the Rittenhouse trial. They likely planned it expecting riots to break out to use as a cover during the chaos but when no riots occurred they just did it anyways since they already planned it out.

HoodWinked

Gold Member
I don't know why I do this to myself but I read the comments on Twitter.

The smooth brains there are upset because the news is calling it looting and then like a weird cult they've all begun parroting that it is organized crime, as a way to deflect the blame. Implying to say this could happen anywhere.

Last edited:

Cyberpunkd

How does that work? Just put your pregnant woman into another man's house and you're made for life? That's ingenious!
I think I read somewhere UK has crazy squatting laws, like if you are not living in your home for a precise set of time in days per year or consequently someone else can move in.

jason10mm

Gold Member
If you ask me stuff like this is corporate espionage. Why wouldnt amazon form gangs to loot their rivals for 990 worth of stuff in placea where the laws are lax and then put the contents on Amazon?

Who benefits from retailers going out of business? Like I have been saying, we are walking into a cyper punk dystopia. If a corporation wasnt behind this they soon will be behind these types of activities.
Bezos doesn't have to organize it, just use his media outlets to push these stories and drive folks farther away from retail, plus make the problem seem national so big chains spend more on security.

Amazon really needs to be broken up.

Ionian

I think I read somewhere UK has crazy squatting laws, like if you are not living in your home for a precise set of time in days per year or consequently someone else can move in.

Possesion is nine tenths of the law. Police cannot interfere as it's a civil matter.

They can live rent free until a judge grants a warrant for a sheriff which takes time. Try to take matters into your own hands and you'd be sued beyond belief which is what most hope for.

Why it's easier and cheaper to just pay them off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom