• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

According to the user of a forum, a new AAA jurassic park could be in development

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

So recently I heard a AAA Jurassic Park game is in development, though I'm not sure who is the developer or publisher -- all I know is 'it's the game fans have been hungry for'. So that got me thinking, what type of game would you like to see a narrative driven Jurassic Park game be, and what developer would you like to see tackle it?

Personally, I think something that can learn from games like semi-open hub worlds of the new Tomb Raider games + survival & puzzles over combat aspects of Alien Isolation would be a great fit. Mix platforming, puzzles, and finding tools that allow you to explore news areas and avoid dinosaurs without turning into Turok or something of the sorts. It's not an easy feat, but if coupled with top-notch storytelling I think there could really be something special.

Are there any developers out there that you think could be a perfect fit?

Vick

Fucking finally, I'm tired of the insane amount of teases and references to Jurassic Park in Naughty Dog and Guerrilla games, need a proper legit game already that's not a park builder.

So please be true, a Jurassic Park: Isolation, Trespasser-like game would be a total system seller for me.

Last edited:

Hemingwayoffbase

Gold Member
I predict asynchronous multiplayer.

One player is the raptor. The other four are survivors with limited weapons to fight back.

Wait... does that sound awesome?

OR! What if four of you are the raptors, and one of you is the dinosaur hunter! And the raptors have to work together to take out the hunter!

Clever girl...

Vick

This new trilogy of movies killed any interest I had in the franchise, but good luck to whoever is making it.
This is reported to be a Jurassic Park game, not World.

We are sourcing resetera now?
The source is reliable, he's the goofy guy hosting the "Beyond the Gates" series on the official Jurassic World YT channel.

Fuck, this is 100% happening.

giphy.gif

Please be Creative Assembly! 🤞

Lots of potential here.

One player is the raptor. The other four are survivors with limited weapons to fight back.

I'm not usually a fan of multiplayer for movie games but Jurassic Park seems like a good IP to do it with. Your idea would be good on a small scale, if they have more money I'd like a good survival romp in a fully open world Jurassic Park where you have to survive long enough with a few of your friends online and find your way to the rescue heli. There could be a fully simulated ecosystem with the park already broken down. Different dinos have different areas/paths they roam, and if you are smart you might be able to lure a carnivore into a pack of herbivores while you escape.

Vick

Also fuck off you guys with the multiplayer shit..

This needs to be a hardcore old school 30-40 hours single player survival.. basically Alien Jurassic Park: Isolation.

Fucking finally, I'm tired of the insane amount of teases and references to Jurassic Park in Naughty Dog and Guerrilla games, need a proper legit game already that's not a park builder.

So please be true, a Jurassic Park: Isolation, Trespasser-like game would be a total system seller for me.
Trespasser would only be great if revived for PSVR. That game was damn near impossible to play. It was like QWOP on steroids.

Last edited:

Sounds like Evolve. Not sure I would be very interested in a PVP Jurassic Park game. I would love a story based Jurassic Park game. It would be easy enough to make it very Alien Isolation like indoors with raptors, with more wide open large battles with T-Rex. Could be cool.

Top Bottom