• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Adobe Photoshop new terms wants to moderate content of your active projects

violence

Gold Member
xqIXQJa.jpeg

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
The fact that they had to clarify this in their updated terms means they've been doing it all along and just not telling you.

Chittagong

Gold Member
I hate Adobe so much. I am glad they were not allow to ruin Figma. I hope Figma will soon make AI and ID completely irrelevant.

PSYGN

I hate Adobe so much. I am glad they were not allow to ruin Figma. I hope Figma will soon make AI and ID completely irrelevant.
Hope Figma picks up. Ran into a bunch of basic things not there, like searching layers, vector transformations, etc. Plugins don't cut it.

SoloCamo

So they can delete content if you are inactive as well? Why are they allowed to moderate content you made on software you paid for... Oh wait, we don't own squat anymore and rent everything. Adobe is allowing another player a wide open shot to step in with moves like this.

Roxkis_ii

I'm imagining they don't want people to use their AI to make deep fakes and other unsavory materials. So that means their going to slide their hand up your ass and ask you to cough up some money for the honor.

If you really want privacy, you shouldn't be using any public ai tool not hosted on your own computer. There is no privacy on anything internet connected. That boat left the dock long ago.

RoboEight

still rocking cs5
Hell yeah same here I bought it back when it came out and I still just use it. Better interface, not full of bloat and BS just a good solid program. I also like to use Clip Studio as an alternative it's a pretty amazing program as well if you want an alternative it's like $60 and you buy it and own it.

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
I think this is more about the stuff on their cloud than it is locally stored projects, which makes a bit more sense.

Pagusas

Elden Member
Sadly all my workflows completely revolve around adobe products. I have a love/hate relationship with the company. This years Adobe Max will be very interesting.

Chittagong

Gold Member
Imagine working on the Switch 2 logo or PS5 Pro box art. Or iPhone 16 Pro Max promo images. Adobe can just go and have a peek.

Renoir

is there really a reason to use the new Adobe suite? Im still on the 2018 Suite, no subs.
Are there more advance tools? Is it just "AI" advancements?

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Adobe feeling the heat from AI. Stock dropped $200 this year as there's rumblings Adobe's stranglehold on creative stuff will drop as people use AI tools.

So what Adobe wants is to sniff around people's projects so they can learn what people are trying to do and try to improve their own software suites asap.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member

'Adobe does not train Firefly Gen AI models on customer content': Company responds to backlash​

Some of the further explanations they give also make sense when it comes to manual review for legitimate reasons. There's some vile people out there. At the same time I also understand the blowback from customers. It's a tough balancing act.

CGNoire

CS6 4 Life.

Shit was already perfect no wonder they started there sub service. Otherwise no one would ever upgrade it.

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
I also don't think £33 a month, just for PS for an individual, is good value for money.

I don't know what the other things do but I doubt they get used.

KOxeBA5.png

Last edited:

spons

Gold Member
If only there was something as good an alternative for Photoshop as Blender is for 3D and Krita is for drawing.

ahtlas7

I have used the Suite for years and this year’s Ps & Lr are the best so far but wow this “user agreement“ is whack! Lawsuits need to be brought over this out of control corporate bullshit.

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
There is also 40% of Paintshop Pro.

EDIT: says 2022 in the URL but its the 2023 version.

Last edited:
Top Bottom