• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Alanah Pearce is hosting the 2024 GDC Awards

Senua

Gold Member
Anyway, of course men cannot do this because it doesn't work if we do it, it's a power only women have. They learn this power at a young age and then use it all their lives (or until it no longer works some time in their 30s / 40s).
Exactly and it's understood and we all accept it so stop resisting and tickle your pickle just an ickle.

NU0g7sP.jpg

Of course she's hot :messenger_smiling_hearts: - no wonder the blue-haired whales were screaming in a field!

Last edited:

FunkMiller

Nah that's the simps who drool over women like this.

If a man did what she does, he would be roundly ridiculed and would have no credibility at all. But when a woman does it... it's acceptable because... why? You're saying that women are sex objects. Now I'm happy to see and treat women like that, if that's what they want, but they can't simultaneously be respected as my equal because they've chosen not to be. They've chosen to sexualise themselves first and foremost.

Imagine if Phil Spencer dressed to show loads of flesh, or Richard from Digital Foundry. Instead of talking about Xbox or frame rates, we'd be talking about their bodies. Wouldn't that be dumb?

Anyway, of course men cannot do this because it doesn't work if we do it, it's a power only women have. They learn this power at a young age and then use it all their lives (or until it no longer works some time in their 30s / 40s).

Jesus Christ, dude. The amount of misogynistic women hate in your posts is off the charts. You sure you shouldn't be over at Era?

If a woman chooses to dress in a manner that accentuates her sexuality for her benefit, then good on her.

There are plenty of ways men are able to leverage aspects of their gender to increase their profile and power.

When a dude complains about a woman doing the same thing with what god gave her, he sounds like the worst kind of cuck - and should probably examine why he feels so threatened by a woman's sexuality, instead of lambasting her for using it to her advantage.

Brigandier

If a man did what she does, he would be roundly ridiculed and would have no credibility at all. But when a woman does it... it's acceptable because... why? You're saying that women are sex objects. Now I'm happy to see and treat women like that, if that's what they want, but they can't simultaneously be respected as my equal because they've chosen not to be. They've chosen to sexualise themselves first and foremost.

Imagine if Phil Spencer dressed to show loads of flesh, or Richard from Digital Foundry. Instead of talking about Xbox or frame rates, we'd be talking about their bodies. Wouldn't that be dumb?

talking spongebob squarepants GIF

winjer

Gold Member

You have issues....
Trying to dictate how a women dresses. Or men, for that matter.
If a women want's to dress like that, it's her choice. Not yours.
Depending on people like you, we would go back to a time, when men dictated what women could and couldn't wear and punished them for it.

vdCv1A7.jpg

Ogbert

Women are sex objects. They have been for roughly a thousand millennia.

Unfortunately, we live in times where moral puritans and/or communists are forcing us to pretend that men aren’t hardwired to objectify women. The problem is when you *only* objectify them. A lady can be supremely hot and also very competent. And her competence must be recognised and rewarded. Just as it would a competent man.

But she’s still super hot.

Alana is a glorious throwback to more honest times. She’s a hottie who’s shamelessly exploiting her hotness to further her career in an industry full of nerds and neckbeards.

Good on her.

Last edited:

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member

YrpQRYm.gif

reinking

Gold Member

I disagree. Some men do this. How many times have you seen The Rock either shirtless or wearing a sleeveless top and tight pants? This while doing interviews, etc. outside of wrestling. So, are you okay with the empire he has built himself while using his body/appeal to do so? Is he not on your level?

MonkD

Laugh Smile GIF

MikeM

Some of these takes are wild in here. Smells like a lot of insecurity.

As for Alanah: Good for her- get it girl. She seems level-headed and has good looks to compliment it all. Honestly its fresh air considering all the air heads out there on tik tok/social media.

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion

Imagine if Jim Ryan did that, people here wouldn't be able to contain its lust, because I am old enough to remember those Kaz gifs and it was sure something

Elysium44

Banned
I disagree. Some men do this. How many times have you seen The Rock either shirtless or wearing a sleeveless top and tight pants? This while doing interviews, etc. outside of wrestling. So, are you okay with the empire he has built himself while using his body/appeal to do so? Is he not on your level?

It isn't the same. A roided-up famous rich man can do it but any woman can do it and elicit male attention even if she's 5/10, unemployed and penniless.

Elysium44

Banned
You have issues....
Trying to dictate how a women dresses. Or men, for that matter.
If a women want's to dress like that, it's her choice. Not yours.
Depending on people like you, we would go back to a time, when men dictated what women could and couldn't wear and punished them for it.

I just object to the 'having your cake and eating it too' situation women expect - and get - today. It's hypocritical.

reinking

Gold Member
It isn't the same. A roided-up famous rich man can do it but any woman can do it and elicit male attention even if she's 5/10, unemployed and penniless.

You know, he wasn't always rich and he started his career wearing spandex. I will give you that more women take this path then men but dude, guys can and do build success on looks.

Top Bottom