• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

All consoles sold out, everywhere

oagboghi2

This isn't logistics class. I'm talking about sales. Online and phone order sales have increased. Tax money accumulated by states from those sales have increased. Many of those sales are from gamer's. How difficult was that to comprehend? Think outside the box a bit. Maybe you are the one "short sighted"? ,smh :messenger_expressionless:
You're a fucking moron.

The tax revenue a state would receive from these "online and phone order" transactions is miniscule compared to the revenue lost from having a fully functioning economy.
Multiple states have already announced decreased budgets for the next year.

It's not about " thinking outside the box. " Or whatever nonsense you are spewing

Take the sales of food now ordered by phone or the internet and compare those numbers to how it was before the epidemic hit. You aren't understanding either, what i'm getting at. I'm talking sales. Yes i know it takes logistics here and there to get materials to plants, products to warehouses etc. etc. I'm not talking about that.
no one fucking cares if Fast food saw a surge in online ordering sales.

Learn how the economy works

Solarstrike

You're a fucking moron.

The tax revenue a state would receive from these "online and phone order" transactions is miniscule compared to the revenue lost from having a fully functioning economy.
Multiple states have already announced decreased budgets for the next year.

It's not about " thinking outside the box. " Or whatever nonsense you are spewing

no one fucking cares if Fast food saw a surge in online ordering sales.

Learn how the economy works

No. Understand this isn't a topic about the economy. Can you not math? You want to name call because you didn't understand. Loose the attitude. Things are being bought by people now which otherwise would have sat on shelves, not sold. Books for one. Many of those bought by people who otherwise wouldn't give two shits about reading a book. It's not all doom and gloom out there.

Last edited:
I finally snagged a regular switch from GameStop last week after trying several times a day for weeks. I just got really lucky as it sold out within a couple minutes.

dorkimoe

Gold Member
Target's gaming section in my town looks insane, not only do they have no consoles, they have no games, literally nothing. I have never seen it like this, not even during christmas time.

fezgoeshard

Neo Member
No current gen consoles available anywhere around here in stores, either new or used at Gamestop.

Though I got a BC PS3 for $80 recently, so it's all good.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Console sellouts is what makes retail shopping unique and shows SONY could sellout a console 5+ years into a generation.

oagboghi2

No. Understand this isn't a topic about the economy. Can you not math? You want to name call because you didn't understand. Loose the attitude. Things are being bought by people now which otherwise would have sat on shelves, not sold. Books for one. Many of those bought by people who otherwise wouldn't give two shits about reading a book. It's not all doom and gloom out there.
This isn't about the economy?
This isn't logistics class. I'm talking about sales. Online and phone order sales have increased. Tax money accumulated by states from those sales have increased. Many of those sales are from gamer's. How difficult was that to comprehend? Think outside the box a bit. Maybe you are the one "short sighted"? ,smh :messenger_expressionless:
You are dumb.

What is being bought now that would have sat on a shelf if the lockdowns weren't ordered? Millions of books were being sold before the lockdown. Retail sales are down everywhere, manufacturing is slowing down. Inventories have stalled

You are in a thread that is about lost sales, due to supply chains being affected by Covid, for fucks sake

Last edited:
Top Bottom