• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

All of the DLC for Beatles: Rock Band being delisted May 5th

FyreWulff

OP EDIT: Most of the songs are available in albums which is the cheapest way to obtain them:

OP EDITx2: user Pokemaniac has confirmed that the Wii store has not been available for a while, so if you are a Wii owner and do not have these songs you're out of luck.

Abbey Road Album 17$
Xbox | Playstation

Buying the Abbey Road Album comes with the Abbey Road Medley on Xbox 360 and PS3 (the medley is not available on Wii). The medley is not available as a single on any platform.

Buying the album is the only way to obtain these songs as singles to play in game:
Sun King / Mean Mr Mustard
You Never Give Me Your Money
Polythene Pam / She Came In Through The Bathroom Window
Golden Slumbers / Carry That Weight / The End
Her Majesty

tl;dr the best option is to buy the whole album.

Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band $13.50
Xbox | Playstation

Can be bought as singles with no catches, but costs 16$ to complete that way.

Rubber Soul 18$
Xbox | Playstation

Can be bought as singles with no catches, but costs 22$ to complete that way.

All You Need Is Love 2$
Xbox | Playstation

The only single released for the game.

Original Post:

http://forums.harmonixmusic.com/dis...lc-re-licensing-info-updated-quarterly#latest

Hey everyone, another quick relicensing update before I head to PAX: These songs will be removed from the Music Store in The Beatles: Rock Band on May 5th.
The Beatles - "All You Need Is Love"
The Beatles - "Because"
The Beatles - "Her Majesty"
The Beatles - "The End"
The Beatles - "Maxwell’s Silver Hammer"
The Beatles - "Oh! Darling"
The Beatles - "You Never Give Me Your Money"
The Beatles - "Golden Slumbers"
The Beatles - "Carry That Weight"
The Beatles - "Polythene Pam"
The Beatles - "She Came In Through The Bathroom Window"
The Beatles - "Sun King"
The Beatles - "Mean Mr. Mustard"
The Beatles - "A Day In the Life"
The Beatles - "Being For The Benefit of Mr. Kite!"
The Beatles - "Fixing A Hole"
The Beatles - "Lovely Rita"
The Beatles - "Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band (Reprise)"
The Beatles - "She's Leaving Home"
The Beatles - "When I’m Sixty Four"
The Beatles - "Within You Without You"
The Beatles - "Girl"
The Beatles - "In My Life"
The Beatles - "Michelle"
The Beatles - "Norwegian Wood (This Bird Has Flown)"
The Beatles - "Nowhere Man"
The Beatles - "Run For Your Life"
The Beatles - "The Word"
The Beatles - "Think For Yourself"
The Beatles - "Wait"
The Beatles - "What Goes On"
The Beatles - "You Won’t See Me"

As long as you buy them now you can play them later. Beatles songs do not work in any other Rock Band titles.

Ridley327

Nearly 7 years is a pretty damn good run for this kind of a license.

If anyone has the game and still hasn't gotten any of this, do yourself a favor and grab it. Fantastic additions to the game, and the Abbey Road album download also includes the entire 16-minute medley as a bonus song.

Had them the day they went up. Wish we had got more of the albums.

Also, this game was perfect for what it was representing.

Ridley327

I suppose its asking too much for these to go on sale first?

Paul and Ringo just wrote down your suggestion on a piece of paper and slipped it between all the dollar bills they use to wipe their asses.

Dudes are going to keep getting paid until the very end.

TI82

Banned
That was the best Rock Band game back then, really sucks you couldn't export the songs though or import other songs into it.

Thank goodness I bought these Day 1. Beatles Rock Band is the one game that makes me wish I still had a 360, and I don't see Harmonix/Viacom trying to convert it for backwards compatability.

Such a shame that Beatles Rock Band came out just as the rhythm game fad was trending downwards. It's an excellent love letter to the band and its single player career mode is fantastic. I still remember the chills I got when the game cut to black right at the end of "I Want You (She's So Heavy)" to signify the Beatles breaking up. And if you played the songs in the presented order, it was the second-to-last song before closing with "Get Back" and then unlocking "The End."

FyreWulff

Thank goodness I bought these Day 1. Beatles Rock Band is the one game that makes me wish I still had a 360, and I don't see Harmonix/Viacom trying to convert it for backwards compatability.

Such a shame that Beatles Rock Band came out just as the rhythm game fad was trending downwards. It's an excellent love letter to the band and its single player career mode is fantastic. I still remember the chills I got when the game cut to black right at the end of "I Want You (She's So Heavy)" to signify the Beatles breaking up. And if you played the songs in the presented order, it was the second-to-last song before closing with "Get Back" and then unlocking "The End."

Unfortunately, even if they had the rights, Microsoft isn't allowing peripherals to work in the One's BC mode. The only thing you'd be able to do is sing :(

Storm360

Had it all on PS3, but decided to grab it on Xbox too, real shame, Beatles RB was possibly my favourite last gen game

Unfortunately, even if they had the rights, Microsoft isn't allowing peripherals to work in the One's BC mode. The only thing you'd be able to do is sing :(

Man, I guess I'll have to pick up a newer model 360 when they drop to around $100 in a few years then. I'd hate to never be able to play those games again.

Thanks for the heads up, gotta grab and download what I don't have. This was the best Rock Band game IMO. And it has some of the best peripherals. I have the Gretsch George Harrison guitar controller, love it.

Beatles Rock Band was awesome, but I still wish a deal could have been made before the end that allowed you to export the tracks. I never bought any DLC for this game specifically because it'd be separate from my library.

Thanks for the heads up, gotta grab and download what I don't have. This was the best Rock Band game IMO. And it has some of the best peripherals. I have the Gretsch George Harrison guitar controller, love it.

I have that Harrison guitar controller as well, it's gorgeous. I didn't really use it much because its edge kinda dug into my strumming arm when I was playing. I don't have the heart to sell it though. Or rather it's annoying to sell RB/GH peripherals since they're a bitch to ship without the original box.

xzeldax3

I thought you didn't need to re-licensing anything for BC? You just give the OK to Microsoft and they make the game playable on XB1. But too bad they said no BC for games that use peripherals. You'd think RB could still work since you can play the game with a USB mic.

Ridley327

I thought you didn't need to re-licensing anything for BC? You just give the OK to Microsoft and they make the game playable on XB1. But too bad they said no BC for games that use peripherals. You'd think RB could still work since you can play the game with a USB mic.

I'm not sure that Harmonix wants to test that theory against a company like Apple Corps.

Imbarkus

As Sartre noted in his contemplation on Hell in No Exit, the true horror is other members.
Is there a bundle or do you have to buy one-off?

Ridley327

The songs from Sgt. Pepper, Abbey Road and Rubber Soul are available as packs in their respective albums, and Abbey Road is especially keen as buying the album gets you access to a bonus track that allows you to play through the entire Abbey Road Medley as one 16-minute song. All You Need is Love is the only single they ever released.

FyreWulff

Rubber Soul, Sgt Peppers, and Abbey Road are available as albums. All You Need Is Love is the only single. Albums are cheaper than singles.

Note that buying Abbey Road as an album is the only way to get the Abbey Road Medley (17 minutes long!) and a few of the other songs from that album on 360/PS3. It was a convoluted release for sure, but buying the Album gets you everything with no worries. I'll work on an OP update to make it easier.

Just bought them. Not sure when I'll find the time or be in the mood to play Beatles Rock Band again but if I do I'd like it to be the fullest experience possible.

Also holding out hope that somehow we get an export to Rock Band 4 one day. But I think I'll keep my 360 around just in case.

Pokemaniac

The Wii listings died with the WFC right?

Yes, but not because they're gone from the Wii Shop Channel or anything. Wii DLC, in general, is still available. The problem with this game in particular is that there's some second server it needs to connect to before advancing to the shop interface, and that server is dead.

Ridley327

Yes, but not because they're gone from the Wii Shop Channel or anything. Wii DLC, in general, is still available. The problem with this game in particular is that there's some second server it needs to connect to before advancing to the shop interface, and that server is dead.

Oh really? That's very strange. I wonder if Harmonix forgot they switched it off one day and never turned it back on.

That being said, the DLC situation for the game on the Wii is slightly more convoluted as it was released during Nintendo's weird "no DLC bundle" policy period, requiring you to buy each song individually, and the Abbey Road Medley being unavailable because of hardware limitations.

Pokemaniac

Oh really? That's very strange. I wonder if Harmonix forgot they switched it off one day and never turned it back on.

I asked their support about this a while ago, and they said they were unable to fix it. Since they did manage to turn multi-player back on, I'm somewhat inclined to believe them.

Rock Band 2 actually has the same issue, but you should be able to work around that by doing things through Rock Band 3.

Hmm. Tough choices. On the one hand, TB:RB is a great Rock Band game, the gold standard for what a single-artist rhythm game should be. On the other hand, am I really going to go back and replay the game with all the album DLC? Decisions.

Platy

Does DLC can be pirated ?

I wonder how would work with the legality of this stuff since it has the bonus of including music rights and stuffs like that

Storm360

Does DLC can be pirated ?

I wonder how would work with the legality of this stuff since it has the bonus of including music rights and stuffs like that

That isn't why it's been delisted, the actual DLCs themselves can't be pirated too although they've been converted to Rock Band 3 as customs. this is just a case of Harmonix no longer having the rights to be allowed to sell the songs.

AgeEighty

The poor sales of this game and the resulting cancellation of further DLC are one of my biggest disappointments of last generation. This game was so, so lovingly crafted.

FyreWulff

The poor sales of this game and the resulting cancellation of further DLC are one of my biggest disappointments of last generation. This game was so, so lovingly crafted.

The DLC was also extremely expensive to make for Beatles. Beatles is actually their highest selling DLC, so that should tell you something about the cost to make more.

Ridley327

The DLC was also extremely expensive to make for Beatles. Beatles is actually their highest selling DLC, so that should tell you something about the cost to make more.

It's a shame that Apple Corps wasn't willing to enlist Harmonix to help them out with the stem creation process, but I understand the need to be that protective about the masters.

Imbarkus

As Sartre noted in his contemplation on Hell in No Exit, the true horror is other members.
Two day warning bump.

I pulled the trigger last night. I think I'll bust out the plastic instruments and give them a whirl this weekend. Don't wait 'til the weekend to pick them up, tho, it will be too late.

Imbarkus

Final Day warning bump.

Sometime tomorrow that DLC is sacrificed to the great gods of licensing.
Ia! Ia! Cthulhu Fhtagn! M'ia Kull J'ax'on Es Tate!

Top Bottom