• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Alone in the Dark: The New Nightmare - PS1 vs. PS2 | Side by Side

makaveli60

Saw this a lot in magazines and always thought it looked like as a cooler Resident Evil, but unfortunately only played like 10 minutes of it for some reason. Was it a good game/good story?

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Has DF done theirs yet
I actually owned both versions

Last edited:

mansoor1980

Gold Member
the ps2 version came out only in PAL regions............was ported by some other studio and the music was botched compared to the ps1 version

KiteGr

I have the PS2 version.
Man it sucked! The game lags so much I never played it because I was afraid of it bricking my console.
The PS1 version looks more impressive that the PS2 if you ask me!

Still, the only version I've finished was the GBC version.

K1Expwy

The DC version was a solid game, I either forgot about or never heard of the PS versions. The lighting effects looked nice back then but they should have put more effort into the character models

mansoor1980

Gold Member
I have the PS2 version.
Man it sucked! The game lags so much I never played it because I was afraid of it bricking my console.
The PS1 version looks more impressive that the PS2 if you ask me!

Still, the only version I've finished was the GBC version.
yeah the frame rate looks unstable in the ps2 version. cant tell if its 30 or 60 fps tho

johntown

Banned
This games does not do well in emulators with upscaling and extra options. If you can actually get the PC version working that is the best version but getting it working is not easy. PS2 version is good enough without much hassle.

EDIT: Guess I should have watched the video instead of assuming. Looks like the PS1 version is superior lol.

Too bad this IP went down the toilet. I used to love these games.

Last edited:

teezzy

Banned
I had the Game Boy Color and (eventually) Dreamcast version of this game. Never seen these either of the Playstation ports prior. It's a chill game overall. Nothing game changing, but it didn't have to be either.

Top Bottom