• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Alone in the Dark | Review Thread

fart town usa

Gold Member
AdventureGamers review : Excellent
That's a great review, thanks for sharing. The author really sells it.

iJQgIiM.png

Last edited:

Krathoon

I got my key for it. Stupid cdkeys made the key an image so I had to manually enter it.

I hate it when they do that.

Steam is not letting you pre-install it.

Arachnid

Why though? It has some really glowing reviews if that's a big factor for you.

Saw a YT comment that I thought was a good call, guy said it reminds him of when The Evil Within launched. Lots of different review scores. I feel like that game is now viewed as a classic. Definitely wasn't at launch.

Sometimes you just gotta take a chance if the budget allows and it's a game that looks fun to you. The bugs are the most concerning things for me, gameplay complaints just seem like some reviewers don't like survival horror mechanics.
I'll look more into it and really dig into some reviews soon enough, but clicking on the thread and seeing a 62 average wasn't inspiring.

Middling reviews will likely also kill sales and kill any chance at a sequel (or at least delay the hell out of it). Either way you slice it, not good news.

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
Some of the trophies are busted BUT we're getting a day 1 patcheroo apparently that fixes a handful of stuff (Im assuming trophs are included)

The list seems chill and fun, nothing too hair pulling

I recommend it to all people who are from the PS1/PS2 horror era like me.

It's a little shameless in how much it copies RE2make... but that's not a bad thing.

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
I recommend it to all people who are from the PS1/PS2 horror era like me.

It's a little shameless in how much it copies RE2make... but that's not a bad thing.

Is that your review? So you finished it? Please, give me some infos on the wokeness factor. Is there any of this trash in the game?

Valt7786

Been playing all afternoon, any reviews that shat on it shouldn't be listened to.
It's AA, but it's clear they've put love into it, lots of little details that make it shine. Doesn't seem to be as action heavy as the latest RE's but that might change in the latter half of the game I dunno.

fart town usa

Gold Member
Anyone? Bueller?
Please do.im playing it right now and want to share some thoughts. Only a few minutes into the game but the first file I picked up was fantastic. They are voice acted and the audio went on far longer and contained lots of into that wasn't in the text. Very cool and feels really fresh for this type of game.

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
Its up

Cut me some slack, I threw it together while working :messenger_relieved:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
It's a big improvement over the last one at least.

XXHJUhY.jpg
Wow. Never even heard of this game.

Incredible MC page. Only 12 reviews, yet you'll see more 1/10 critic scores than just about any other review out there.

Yet here we are with another Alone in the Dark game. Who knew this franchise still had enough pull to get another game.

Dazraell

Wow. Never even heard of this game.

Incredible MC page. Only 12 reviews, yet you'll see more 1/10 critic scores than just about any other review out there.

Yet here we are with another Alone in the Dark game. Who knew this franchise still had enough pull to get another game.
If I remember correctly, this game had nothing to do with Alone in the Dark series beside characters sharing the same last names as characters from previous entries. It was one of those weirdass multiplayer / co-op focused spin-offs from 2010s like Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City etc

s_mirage

I'll have to check out Nightcry, never heard of it. I really hate how easy it is for people to write a game off based solely on reviews. So many of my favorite games scored low and I just can't imagine missing out on those titles. Granted, sometimes a game is that bad but I find that to be the exception these days.

Hmm... don't go in expecting too much. Nightcry was really hampered by its tiny budget. That being said, its insanity is entertaining if it clicks with you.

Last edited:

samoilaaa

this game is great , the story is interesting , the puzzles are decent not too easy but not too hard either , the graphics and music are great aswell

the only thing that is a little janky is the combat but you get used to it , its a 7.5/10 game , maybe even an 8 if you dont mind the janky combat

Last edited:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Runs good on Series X

Currently playing on PS5, runs good here too (if there's any minor drops, the VRR is doing a good job of covering them), but the game has more than usual streaming stutters, I say more than usual because the game is just thin corridors after another with only some very minor bigger areas. So, this having streaming issues is kinda off-putting.

Top Bottom